View Single Post
Old April 30 2012, 08:33 AM   #10
NChopra is offline NChopra

Likes Given: 6
My Mood: Angelic
Smile PR5 or not I love it.

Although I have followed this forum for a while, this is my first posting. I returned from India (Chandigarh and Mumbai) this evening. I have properties in United States (both rental and owner occupied) and three other cities in India (Chandigarh, Mumbai and Bhopal).

Proxmity to chandigarh:
I booked a Kanal plot in 39 West after careful study of the entire chandigarh property scene in the last 2 weeks. I visited quite a few project in 123, 124, aerocity, mullanpur etc. My family has properties in Chandigarh so when buying /building my own home my first and foremost criteria was proximity to chandigarh and what it had to offer.

I visited 39West site close to 6 times at different times in the day and night. I think this is by far the best location available for this price at this time. Some very beautiful kothis (2 kanals and 1 kanals) have already been build and quite a few are being build.

Approach Road: The approach road from maloya is decent but has some room for improvement. However, if PR5 comes this property will catch up with chandigarh prices within days as this is only a stone throw from Chandigarh.

With No PR5 this is still worth 1.25 cr a Kanal considering that you cannot even buy a 500 sq ft flat for that price in chandigarh.

Prices: Prices are between 21K for a 1 Kanal plot and 26-28K for smaller plots. you can get a 1 kanal plot for 20 k in Phase II of the project.

Internet Buzz: Their is low buzz on the internet because of two reasons. The property is being sold by only a handful of realtors and the developers themselves. Things have not been so shamefully outsourced to every (aira gaira nathu khaira) property dealer /agent as in the case of Sunny enclave.
Also people buying plots here are users and few investors. Users who can see value in this property.

Thats all for now. I will post a few pics in the next few days as soon as I get them off my camera.