140,381+ Members
   Get Started   Latest Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate Open House > NRI Real Estate > Early retirement in India
Like Tree47Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 6 2012, 03:58 PM   #31
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Likes Received: 12
Likes Given: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by surya2089 View Post
me also think to retire early at the age of 45--

with good sum of money--for me i think i m working out of india --if possible i will not allow my son to work outside of india--be in india like a king--

if we will not work at these age and make money than when we will make.

Please Please do not take it personal.... Advance sorry agar thoda sa bhi galat lage to..

Yei Raaja banane ke chhakar mai hi maza aaraha hai life mai...Har koi King type banana chahata hai yaa apni next generation ko banana chahata hai...

You said it exact word but I have heard from many persons tht they want to enjoy like a rich/king etc etc....

 
Old September 7 2012, 05:12 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 75
Likes Received: 20
Likes Given: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai_Singh View Post
Your father is a great man, the kind of people who silently keeps the world livable, and seems to have taugh you good values. kudos
thanks, but my dad is just a common man like you and me, there is nothing great in what he is doing.He does it because he likes it and enjoys it that's it. I am sure there are far more people which we may not know of who would be doing something similar. Lets not make it into something great.
 
Old September 7 2012, 05:13 AM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 75
Likes Received: 20
Likes Given: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorin111 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have been seeing these kinda debates all along my college days, early professional life... Talks, talks n talks.... n when it comes to concrete action, no one takes a single step. No one. However there are a few people who are changing lives, not merely by thoughts but by actions. why are we talking off doing this stuff after we retire... why not this year, this month, this week, this day... We all make excuses that we dont have time, we dont have energy, we dont know what to do, whom to get in touch with... Its all lame excuses, nothing else. Inertia, if I may say so. I am not excluded from this all. When we graduate, we have so many things to do, so much energy that we think we can win the world. N slowly and gradually we come to realise harsh ground realities. n then we are in that daily grind or wake up, breakfast, rush to office, deadlines, meetings, targets, appraisal, promotion etc etc... n in between if we find some time its only for BF / GF or wife or kids... We have all but forgotten about the promise we made to ourselves years ago, that we will do something for the betterment of society. I mean if not us, who will do it ???
There are a lot of NGOs, who need support. They need volunteers who can spare 2 hrs daily / weekly / monthly/ even yearly... Thats the least we can do to serve our country. N i have personally experienced it, there is actually so much that you can do, if you just go out n see the support these people need, it will bring tears to your eyes. N you will not know before these two hours turn into 20 n you start spreading the word around. It starts as a simple desire to help and turns into passion.
I know it because I was also like a lot of people who think of doing good, but never did it, for various reasons. To them my request would be to try it out just once. Two hours anyday... Sunday / saturday / holiday... No need to take the help of any NGO... Just go to your nearest Slum, and ask for the name sof organisations who frequent that place. chances are you will find the contact number of one of their volunteers. Speak to them and tie up. Nearest is the easiest, I have learnt. Even if you have 1 hour, dont waste it, just go n help. They need more hands than they have. You never know how many lives you can shape. It gives me immense joy to see the positive development our small small efforts can make.

One request... Dont defer your decision to help them, Do it today, do it now !!!

Many thanks for going through this stupid long post !
Couldn't agree more. Have been volunteering my time.
zorin111 likes this.
 
Old September 7 2012, 06:41 PM   #34
Veteran Member
 
gharondabhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,850
Likes Received: 660
Likes Given: 262
My Mood: Amazed
Default

Now look at the otherside too.

There is definitely a great sense of satisfaction to do something good but unfortunately, we are brought up to see everything suspeciously. Agree, most of the people has hidden agenda but that does not mean everyone helping has a hidden agenda. Even if there is some hidden agenda, sometime matters the bigger cause. I once talking to one of my tribal friend from Orissa, immediately after the killing of some missionary there. What he told me was striking, they know that there is a hidden agenda .... but no one ever think about them before that. And in the name of preserving their culture, kept them backward for ever.

The point is, there will be always clash, many a times it is not right Vs wrong. Many a times it is percieved right Vs wrong.

One of my friends father retired from Lucknow and settled in Pithoragarh. He helps local students to study further by coaching, mentoring and arranging funds and logistics. He really feel good that many people managed to go for polytechnic and one even to engineering college. But he was completely devastated when the same villagers looted his house and manhandled everyone in the family. Reason was, one of the girl attending his coaching eloped with another guy of the coaching!! The incident was attributed to his noble initiative.

It really feel too bad when you tirelessly doing something without any motive but then accused by others ... sometime just misunderstanding and many a times instigated by vested interest people or who's interests are threatened.

The reason I mentioned this is not to discourage everyone, but to alert that there will be challenges.
Kapsac likes this.
 
Old September 7 2012, 07:00 PM   #35
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Likes Received: 12
Likes Given: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharondabhai View Post
Now look at the otherside too.

There is definitely a great sense of satisfaction to do something good but unfortunately, we are brought up to see everything suspeciously. Agree, most of the people has hidden agenda but that does not mean everyone helping has a hidden agenda. Even if there is some hidden agenda, sometime matters the bigger cause. I once talking to one of my tribal friend from Orissa, immediately after the killing of some missionary there. What he told me was striking, they know that there is a hidden agenda .... but no one ever think about them before that. And in the name of preserving their culture, kept them backward for ever.

The point is, there will be always clash, many a times it is not right Vs wrong. Many a times it is percieved right Vs wrong.

One of my friends father retired from Lucknow and settled in Pithoragarh. He helps local students to study further by coaching, mentoring and arranging funds and logistics. He really feel good that many people managed to go for polytechnic and one even to engineering college. But he was completely devastated when the same villagers looted his house and manhandled everyone in the family. Reason was, one of the girl attending his coaching eloped with another guy of the coaching!! The incident was attributed to his noble initiative.

It really feel too bad when you tirelessly doing something without any motive but then accused by others ... sometime just misunderstanding and many a times instigated by vested interest people or who's interests are threatened.

The reason I mentioned this is not to discourage everyone, but to alert that there will be challenges.

Really Bad to hear this.... Sometime I also feel really annoyed after listeing or seeing these incident...

That is where hard following of Gita comes into Picture... Karam Kiyai Jaao aur Phal ki Chinta naa karao...

It is hard or very very hard to accept these line but yes if we enjoy Karam and do not bother whether People will return good abt it then only can go ahead with these challenge..

Just to add I'm able to follow these lines hardly in 0.5 to 1 % of my doing.. Not able to improve..
 
Old September 8 2012, 10:25 AM   #36
Veteran Member
 
gharondabhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,850
Likes Received: 660
Likes Given: 262
My Mood: Amazed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stots2708 View Post
Really Bad to hear this.... Sometime I also feel really annoyed after listeing or seeing these incident...

That is where hard following of Gita comes into Picture... Karam Kiyai Jaao aur Phal ki Chinta naa karao...

It is hard or very very hard to accept these line but yes if we enjoy Karam and do not bother whether People will return good abt it then only can go ahead with these challenge..

Just to add I'm able to follow these lines hardly in 0.5 to 1 % of my doing.. Not able to improve..
Ideally that notion is good but in practical world that may lead you nowhere. Think about going to an exam and your focus is not on scoring or passing the exam. yeh mat bol na ke kya rakha hain yeh paas fail mein? sab maya hain!! (BMW nehin, I mean illusion!!)

Yes, ultimately the question is what matters in life? and interestingly, the answer changes dramatically as you grow older. At the tail end of your life the Karam kiya jaao is very meaningful and appropriate but you have to live until there!! Bina phal ke aap nehin jiyoge tab tak!!

Aise, poori zindegi phal ke peeche bhagoge to paata nehin sahi hai ya nehin!!

That's why life is so interesting!!
 
Old September 8 2012, 08:20 PM   #37
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Likes Received: 12
Likes Given: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharondabhai View Post
Ideally that notion is good but in practical world that may lead you nowhere. Think about going to an exam and your focus is not on scoring or passing the exam. yeh mat bol na ke kya rakha hain yeh paas fail mein? sab maya hain!! (BMW nehin, I mean illusion!!)

Yes, ultimately the question is what matters in life? and interestingly, the answer changes dramatically as you grow older. At the tail end of your life the Karam kiya jaao is very meaningful and appropriate but you have to live until there!! Bina phal ke aap nehin jiyoge tab tak!!

Aise, poori zindegi phal ke peeche bhagoge to paata nehin sahi hai ya nehin!!

That's why life is so interesting!!
Agreed with your exam example.. I also tried to crack that example.. but couldn't get a good answer ..

Recently while reading a book abt Nehru I found that in his last days he also followed what Geeta tells. (before him Gandhi tried to follow)..

'"" That we should do our duty to the best of our ability and try to stick to the right path without worrying too much about the consequences""'...

I already accepted it is easy to said then done... I'm trying hard from last 2-3 year still not able to achieve 0.5 %... but it really feels good when u do that kind of things...
 
Old September 8 2012, 09:02 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 821
Likes Received: 220
Likes Given: 107
Default

Getting off topic but interesting .. so please allow me to pitch in too
Exam wala example is quite interesting . It's true that when you are going for a school examination or test, all you care about is whether you are going to pass it , fail it or maybe how big you are going to score on it, that is the phal part . But karm is not to give a test/exam and phal being a high score but the real karm is to gain knowledge about the subject and real phal is the enlightenment that knowledge brings. Unfortunately , that realization usually dawns upon most people (including me) much later in their lives.
In a short term you may be measured based on the numbers (or letters) on your marksheet, regardless of whether it was acquired by overnight cramming or truly understanding the subject but the long term winner is quite obvious.
In the same vein, we may live under illusion is the our net worth is the financial assets minus liabilities but the real net worth is how many lives you have touched while you are here and how you are remember after you are gone , which is the long term winner over bank balances, palatial homes etc., in my opinion.
 
Old September 10 2012, 06:00 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
zorin111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 858
Likes Received: 383
Likes Given: 242
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharondabhai View Post
Ideally that notion is good but in practical world that may lead you nowhere. Think about going to an exam and your focus is not on scoring or passing the exam. yeh mat bol na ke kya rakha hain yeh paas fail mein? sab maya hain!! (BMW nehin, I mean illusion!!)

Yes, ultimately the question is what matters in life? and interestingly, the answer changes dramatically as you grow older. At the tail end of your life the Karam kiya jaao is very meaningful and appropriate but you have to live until there!! Bina phal ke aap nehin jiyoge tab tak!!

Aise, poori zindegi phal ke peeche bhagoge to paata nehin sahi hai ya nehin!!

That's why life is so interesting!!
Hi Gharondabhai...

Lets not start from the exam .... Exam is the culmination of one year of hardwork... Lets focus on that one year... If the process is flawless, if we have learnt what we were meant to, then pass or fail absolutely, does not matter. because in your heart you know that you know. Why wait for an year to take a test, you can take a test any day of your choosing, and I will be prepared... Thats the essence of Karam Kiye jaao... I will work to the best of my abilities... and rest is in Gods Hands... unfortunately, we focus more on Gods Hands and less on "Karm Kiye Jaao". He says... Do your best and leave the rest to me... But we focus more on manipulating the REST rather than focussing on doing our BEST.. Because we have seen people who do so, succeed, though that success is temporary.

Guess its getting too long ...
__________________
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.
 
Old September 10 2012, 08:38 PM   #40
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 60
Likes Received: 12
Likes Given: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorin111 View Post
Hi Gharondabhai...

Lets not start from the exam .... Exam is the culmination of one year of hardwork... Lets focus on that one year... If the process is flawless, if we have learnt what we were meant to, then pass or fail absolutely, does not matter. because in your heart you know that you know. Why wait for an year to take a test, you can take a test any day of your choosing, and I will be prepared... Thats the essence of Karam Kiye jaao... I will work to the best of my abilities... and rest is in Gods Hands... unfortunately, we focus more on Gods Hands and less on "Karm Kiye Jaao". He says... Do your best and leave the rest to me... But we focus more on manipulating the REST rather than focussing on doing our BEST.. Because we have seen people who do so, succeed, though that success is temporary.

Guess its getting too long ...

I think you are trying to confuse hear... We are not worried how to manipulate exam.. we are thinking if u study keeping in mind about exam.. that means you are looking at fruit and then doing Karam...


Take example if you are going for Maths exam .. then you need to study maths.. you can not say my Karma is to study.. no need to study specifically Maths... before one month of Math exam I will read History only...


That is why it was hard to crack that example.... You need to keep an eye at goal too.. you can simply say whatever is goal/fruit I do not bother...


It is Monday and I'm making things unneccasarly complicated..
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
The Early Retirement Thread
Retirement homes
Retirement communities around chennai
Retirement resorts....
DO WE NEED RETIREMENT HOMES WHY, WHAT AND WHERE???


Tags
early, india, retirement
"..", ".."India