135,539+ Members
   Get Started   Today's Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate in India > Real Estate Chennai > Residential Area - Special type of Land - Class I
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 16 2011, 12:56 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 22
Likes Received: 1
Likes Given: 1
Default Residential Area - Special type of Land - Class I

On going through the guideline value of my residential land in Guduvancheri, in the Tamilnadu Govt, Registration Website i found my land classified as "Residential Area - Special type of Land - Class I"

Would be facilitated if some one here in this form can enlighten me on this classification.

KRISH SAMMY

  Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2012, 07:03 AM   #2
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Likes Received: 1
Likes Given: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRISH SAMMY View Post
On going through the guideline value of my residential land in Guduvancheri, in the Tamilnadu Govt, Registration Website i found my land classified as "Residential Area - Special type of Land - Class I"

Would be facilitated if some one here in this form can enlighten me on this classification.

KRISH SAMMY

My land too falls under the same category and I too would like to know the details. What is the FSI in such areas?
  Reply With Quote
Old April 8 2012, 02:07 PM   #3
abk is offline abk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 619
Likes Received: 9
Likes Given: 1
Default

these are classifications of the registration dept and used for fixing the guideline value for an area.this does not have any implication for CMDA or revenue authorities.i have an agricultural land which is classified as class I resi land????.
class I does not mean "first class".
  Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2012, 06:26 AM   #4
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 26
Likes Received: 1
Likes Given: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk View Post
these are classifications of the registration dept and used for fixing the guideline value for an area.this does not have any implication for CMDA or revenue authorities.i have an agricultural land which is classified as class I resi land????.
class I does not mean "first class".
Actually, I find that this classification of our land commands a higher guideline value than any other in the area.
  Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2012, 01:37 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 98
Likes Received: 28
Likes Given: 21
Default

Usually depends on the road width, and if the land is on the main road it is even higher owing to possible commercial use.
  Reply With Quote
Old April 9 2012, 04:04 PM   #6
abk is offline abk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 619
Likes Received: 9
Likes Given: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret View Post
Actually, I find that this classification of our land commands a higher guideline value than any other in the area.
yes this is registration dept classification and will have higher guideline value.
but it does not necessarily mean those areas command higher market price than class II resi areas.
  Reply With Quote
Old November 3 2012, 11:26 AM   #7
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Likes Received: 0
Likes Given: 0
My Mood: Confused
Default Residential special Type II

My building in chennai falls under the Residential special Type II, Is it possible for me to rent it out to a commercial establishment like an office etc. pls advice
  Reply With Quote
Old December 10 2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ramapuram, Chennai
Posts: 156
Likes Received: 38
Likes Given: 19
My Mood: Dead
Default

yes but not to an industrial unit technically
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
Thirumalpur ,Chennai -Is it a good residential area in Long term?
Question about Vakola (santacruz (E) as a residential area?
for investment which type of flat you will buy
Looking for a residential plot near Rasulgarh/Damana chhak area
Type of POA & Registration of the POA for leasing a Flat


Tags
area, class, land, residential, special, type
     

Real Estate in India | Delhi - NCR | Gurgaon | Noida | Greater Noida | Mumbai | Pune | Bangalore | Chennai | Kolkata | Hyderabad | Ahmedabad | Goa
Ghaziabad | Faridabad | Chandigarh | Jaipur | Lucknow | Nagpur | Bhubaneswar | Coimbatore | Indore | Kerala | Surat | Vadodara

Home | About IREF® | Forum Rules | Real Estate Glossary | Terms and Conditions | Copyright Infringement Policy
Copyright © 2006-2014 www.indianrealestateforum.com All Rights Reserved.


".Chennai.", ".Tamil Nadu."India