142,406+ Members
   Get Started   Latest Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate in India > Real Estate Chennai > Vandalur to get inter-city bus terminal
Like Tree47Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 26 2013, 07:12 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 658
Likes Received: 201
Likes Given: 114
My Mood: Amused
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRajagopalan View Post
GUys
do you have any idea about this layout and going prices here ?
You mean VGP's project? I guess its an Apartment project and not a layout.

 
Old February 26 2013, 07:37 PM   #12
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: WashDC
Posts: 2,217
Likes Received: 390
Likes Given: 125
My Mood: Amazed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_1982 View Post
You mean VGP's project? I guess its an Apartment project and not a layout.
Im sorry it was on the subject line

Sastri Bhavan Layout URAPAKKAM
 
Old February 26 2013, 07:39 PM   #13
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4
Likes Received: 3
Likes Given: 0
Default

Forgot to ask about this yesterday.

How different is this Inter-city bus terminus from CMBT?

My understanding as per the last line in the article is that buses to Nothern cities and AP? Pls correct me if I am wrong
 
Old February 26 2013, 07:42 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 658
Likes Received: 201
Likes Given: 114
My Mood: Amused
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRajagopalan View Post
Im sorry it was on the subject line

Sastri Bhavan Layout URAPAKKAM
Sorry, I have no idea.
 
Old February 27 2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 658
Likes Received: 201
Likes Given: 114
My Mood: Amused
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarthick99 View Post
Forgot to ask about this yesterday.

How different is this Inter-city bus terminus from CMBT?

My understanding as per the last line in the article is that buses to Nothern cities and AP? Pls correct me if I am wrong
It would be along the lines of CMBT (32 acres), but bigger and better? (50 acres should be big). My interpretation is that this terminal would serve the buses south bound from Chennai. CMBT will continue to operate for the west bound buses. The new terminal in Madhavaram (proposed, not confirmed yet) will serve for the north bound buses.
 
Old February 27 2013, 01:52 PM   #16
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 19
Likes Received: 5
Likes Given: 19
My Mood: Asleep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise_1982 View Post
I was talking about the following location, but looks like it is VGP's land and there might be some up coming project as per Balank.

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

The second location mentioned by me (Lake?) is in Urapakkam behind Desh apartments,

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!


But most probably the Terminus might be tucked inside VK road, where State government holds a lot of land under various departments.

The Land next to the Gold Souk Mall is not entirely VGP property. Only a small part of it owned by VGP.

The place has been leased by the government to VGP for some years and the lease period is coming to an end.


The area is humongous, recently it was used for some Christian meeting and there were more than 4 lakh people who had gathered there.


So there is a very high chance that the inter-city bus terminal may come up in that area.
cruise_1982 likes this.
 
Old February 27 2013, 02:22 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 133
Likes Received: 28
Likes Given: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince6066 View Post
The Land next to the Gold Souk Mall is not entirely VGP property. Only a small part of it owned by VGP.

The place has been leased by the government to VGP for some years and the lease period is coming to an end.


The area is humongous, recently it was used for some Christian meeting and there were more than 4 lakh people who had gathered there.


So there is a very high chance that the inter-city bus terminal may come up in that area.
I used to see the old VGP pillars all around for more than 10 years and thought it is owned by VGP. If it’s a government property, high possibility of Terminus coming there.

With Gold Souk Mall & terminus (if in reality) having connectivity to OMR one side and ORR on the other end, place seems to rock in near future.

Good for my friend who owns a house near to railway track, just opposite to the Current VGP property who felt they did a mistake building a house in the locality where they have to come out for every need. This is 12 years back. They had a big issue for commute and security. Good for him and his family
chennaidream likes this.
 
Old March 6 2013, 08:36 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 133
Likes Received: 28
Likes Given: 13
Default

Inter-City bus terminal to come on right side of vandalur (going from tambaram towards Urappakam) near by ORR. Not in V-K Road. Land has been spotted as per news in dinamalar Today.

I hope plans are done based on ORR progress.
trk2012 and prince6066 like this.
 
Old March 6 2013, 11:47 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 658
Likes Received: 201
Likes Given: 114
My Mood: Amused
Default Vandalur to get inter-city bus terminal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balank View Post
Inter-City bus terminal to come on right side of vandalur (going from tambaram towards Urappakam) near by ORR. Not in V-K Road. Land has been spotted as per news in dinamalar Today.

I hope plans are done based on ORR progress.
Any idea on the location? Would be great if you could mark it in wikimapia.
 
Old March 7 2013, 12:09 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 189
Likes Received: 73
Likes Given: 59
Default

From a post in Skyscrapercity

* Vandalur mofusil bus terminus plan is on fast track!

* Size 65 acres (double the size of CMBT)

* 1KM from GST-ORR Junction and 250m from Vandalur-Walajabad road.

* Bus terminus, Depot, Parking zone will come under one roof

* Draft plan has been prepared

* CMDA sources say plan for LA has been sent to SG for approval

* Presently south (GST) bound buses spend 2hrs to cross the metropolitan area from Koyamedu, this Vandalur MBT will decongest Koyamedu

* Initially it was planned at Velacherry, but the land marked for MBT will be used for Monorail

http://www.maalaimalar.com/2013/03/0...rowd-avoi.html


Most likely location

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=12%C2%...76818&t=m&z=13
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
Free Hold Plots next to Balak Inter College Noida Extention Rs. 8000-9000 Per Sq Yard
Vaishali Metro to (Airport) T3 Terminal Checkout in Less then 1 HOUR
Provident Housing - Cosmo City at Vandalur-Kelambakkam Rd
NCR needs 8 inter-city rail corridors'


Tags
bus, intercity, terminal, vandalur
".Chennai.", ".Tamil Nadu."India