144,292+ Members
   Get Started   Latest Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate in India > Real Estate Ghaziabad > Ten Most Dynamic Cities of World, GZB at No.6 :: Newsweek USA
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 20 2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Ex-Moderator
 
saurabh2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,529
Likes Received: 1040
Likes Given: 560
Default Ten Most Dynamic Cities of World, GZB at No.6 :: Newsweek USA

Read Below 5 years before prediction in year 2006 by Worlds Top Most News Magazine Newsweek (USA) and analyze now that how prediction comes true after 5 years.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >.
Ghaziabad is 'India's hottest city'! - Economic Times

Ghaziabad is 'India's hottest city'!
Neelam Raaj, Economictimes TNN , 12.00am IST

NEW DELHI: Believe it or not — and many inhabitants who have to battle pathetic infrastructure, chaotic traffic and soaring crime probably won't — Ghaziabad is in Newsweek's list of 10 most dynamic cities in the world. For good measure, it has also been billed ''India's hottest city''.

Top 10 dynamic cities
1. Las Vegas, US
2. Fukuoka, Japan
3. Toulouse, France
4. Nanchang, China
5. Moscow, Russia
6. Ghaziabad, India
7. Goyang, S Korea
8. Florianspolis, Brazil
9. Munich, Germany
10. London, UK

Based on an advance copy of the latest UN forecasts for cities with populations greater than 750,000, Newsweek's list encompasses the fastest-growing cities in each of the world's 10 most important economies. Only two major capitals — Moscow and London, which continue to outpace smaller rivals for unique national reasons — figure on it while the rest are aspiring middleweights like Toulouse, Munich and Las Vegas, or unknowns like Florianspolis (Brazil), Goyang (South Korea) and Fukuoka (Japan).

Sanjay Verma, joint managing director of Cushman & Wakefield, attributes the rapid growth to Ghaziabad's excellent connectivity with Delhi, which creates more new jobs per year than Bangalore and Hyderabad, as well as an established IT destination like Noida. ''It's very strategically located on the old Grand Trunk Road. Not only does it attract a sizeable IT/ITES workforce from Noida, it is affordable for those who can't afford Delhi prices,'' he says.

R C Mishra, Ghaziabad Development Authority secretary, doesn't deny that the rapid industrial development in Ghaziabad is the result of a spillover from Noida and Greater Noida. ''Sahibabad was conceived as an industrial estate but Ghaziabad's growth has been quite recent,'' he says. Today, the city has more than 14,000 small-scale industrial units and larger plants run by giants like Coca-Cola and ITC.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >.
The Ten Most Dynamic Cities , Ghaziabad India at No. 6 - Newsweek

The Ten Most Dynamic Cities
The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC

555 West 18th St.
New York, NY 10011

If America is the world capital of reinvention, then Las Vegas is its heart. Every year it attracts tens of thousands..... ............. a magnet for everyone from downsized industrial workers to retirees and Latino immigrants. But the city is increasingly drawing spinoff industries in high tech, finance and manufacturing, often lured to a little-known fringe benefit of . Thanks to the 24/7 needs of the s, Vegas boasts one of the best broadband- telecommunications networks in the United States.
............... to 50 percent of the businesses it has recruited in recent years relocated from California......... already attracted 15 new life-sciences companies to the Vegas area. A new science and tech park at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, aims to generate top tech talent.
Las Vegas has also moved beyond the Strip geographically. Bedroom communities like Henderson ho.............. ..
.......................
.......................

In old Ghaziabad--20 kilometers outside New Delhi in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh--ancient green-and-white three-wheeled Tempos that double as buses career alongside a tangle of bicycle rickshaws, buffalo-drawn wagons and pushcarts. Tiny, no-name manufacturers advertise rubber gaskets, gears, machine tools. You'd never guess Ghaziabad is India's hottest city.

But thanks to skyrocketing real-estate prices in the capital, Ghaziabad is emerging as the next popular address for Delhi-bound commuters. In residential pockets on the outskirts like Indirapuram, posh new developments are sold out. The largest developer, Shipra Estate Ltd., has built 7,000 two-, three- and four-bedroom flats, all of which are already occupied, says Vijay Sundar Raj, manager of sales and marketing. Many of the residents commute to IT jobs in neighboring Noida and Delhi.

Strategically located on the old Grand Trunk Road from Bangladesh to Afghanistan, Ghaziabad was targeted by the state for industrial development in the 1980s. Today the city is home to more than 14,000 small-scale industrial units and larger plants run by giants like Coca-Cola and the International Tobacco Co., which still provide most of the jobs in Ghaziabad proper. For all the new luxury high rises, Ghaziabad today is one of the most heavily industrialized cities in Uttar Pradesh.

The forecasts of rapid population growth, however, have more to do with New Delhi. Despite attempts to bar new industry within the capital, Delhi still creates more new jobs per year than the southern Indian IT centers of Bangalore and Hyderabad. "Delhi is a very big magnet," says S. K. Zaman, a top planner for Uttar Pradesh state, ruefully reflecting on the government's failure to contain the capital's population, which has grown by 50 percent every 10 years for the last half century, and now stands at around 14 million.

Authorities are having more success shifting at least some new growth to the outskirts. New roads, concessionary land prices and other schemes are drawing companies like Samsung, Honda and Siemens to satellite cities like Gurgaon and Noida.

With its excellent highway connections to Noida and Delhi, Ghaziabad is starting to reap the benefits. Though it still doesn't have the cachet of Noida, it boasts cheaper land, and the completion this summer of the controversial Tehri Dam should help prevent frequent water and electricity shortages. None too soon. The city is already building a village to host the 2010 Commonwealth Games. And plans for both a new expressway and a second Delhi international airport on the east side of the capital should help put the entire region, Ghaziabad included, on the global map.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>
 
Old July 20 2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 227
Likes Received: 34
Likes Given: 38
My Mood: Cheerful
Default

Old News. I wonder what is their present stand on this?
 
Old July 20 2011, 06:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member
 
Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,260
Likes Received: 2759
Likes Given: 2691
My Mood: Amused
Default

all trying to seek attention and take advantage of the time.......
__________________
Thanks
 
Old July 20 2011, 07:22 PM   #4
Ex-Moderator
 
saurabh2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,529
Likes Received: 1040
Likes Given: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
all trying to seek attention and take advantage of the time.......
There is nothing wrong to take the advantage of opportunities without harming others. GZB is genuinely good place to live for lots of persons (if not for ALL) and I think this is a proud for GZB / GDA that one of the BEST WORLD MEDIA "The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC" publish GZB name in a TOP 6 emerging city in WHOLE WORLD. As for now all know that prediction of "The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC" was true and after 5 years GZB really gains a lot and have several good aspects for general public to improve their life in last 5 years.

Kum se kum iss news mai aesa to kuch bhi nahe hai ki isko criticism kiya jaye. It's a WORLD PROUD that one NCR city come together with the name "Las Vegas, US" in any survey during last decade from Worlds Most Popular Magazine.
 
Old July 20 2011, 07:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member
 
Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,260
Likes Received: 2759
Likes Given: 2691
My Mood: Amused
Default

None is saying anything against GZB but what makes you post this 5 year old piece of news again at this time that I don't understand. Anyway, All the best of taking Advantages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2011 View Post
There is nothing wrong to take the advantage of opportunities without harming others. GZB is genuinely good place to live for lots of persons (if not for ALL) and I think this is a proud for GZB / GDA that one of the BEST WORLD MEDIA "The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC" publish GZB name in a TOP 6 emerging city in WHOLE WORLD. As for now all know that prediction of "The Newsweek/Daily Beast Company LLC" was true and after 5 years GZB really gains a lot and have several good aspects for general public to improve their life in last 5 years.

Kum se kum iss news mai aesa to kuch bhi nahe hai ki isko criticism kiya jaye. It's a WORLD PROUD that one NCR city come together with the name "Las Vegas, US" in any survey during last decade from Worlds Most Popular Magazine.
 
Old July 20 2011, 07:41 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 60
Likes Received: 6
Likes Given: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
None is saying anything against GZB but what makes you post this 5 year old piece of news again at this time that I don't understand. Anyway, All the best of taking Advantages.
hahaha.Completely agree.Saurabh2011:I know u r a ghaziabad fan what with you doing gzb gzb all the time!
Anyways,I dont think its a dynamic or whatever city-it cannot be simplye because it has too much crime.
Good luck for whatever u wanted to achieve by this ages old article!
 
Old July 20 2011, 07:46 PM   #7
Ex-Moderator
 
saurabh2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,529
Likes Received: 1040
Likes Given: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
None is saying anything against GZB but what makes you post this 5 year old piece of news again at this time that I don't understand. Anyway, All the best of taking Advantages.
Thanks... this is good questions that why I post it today. I read below thread of IREF today posted by someone else in Real Estate Chat sections..

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...tml#post212646

Then see posted line by him "GHZBD has been among top 6 of world's most emerging cities". When I search this fact in google then find this interesting news of 5 years back from worlds leading news magazine, which I post & share here and also clearly mentions at the top that this is a 5 years before predictions.... at least in GZB forum I can post any good news of GZB with LINKS, I don't think this news have any connection with other NCR cities.
 
Old July 20 2011, 07:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member
 
Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 17,260
Likes Received: 2759
Likes Given: 2691
My Mood: Amused
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2011 View Post
Thanks... this is good questions that why I post it today. I read below thread of IREF today posted by someone else in Real Estate Chat sections..

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com...tml#post212646

Then see posted line by him "GHZBD has been among top 6 of world's most emerging cities". When I search this fact in google then find this interesting news of 5 years back from worlds leading news magazine, which I post & share here and also clearly mentions at the top that this is a 5 years before predictions.... at least in GZB forum I can post any good news of GZB with LINKS, I don't think this news have any connection with other NCR cities.
I wonder Why I don't like staying in Ghaziabad despite having flat in Vaishali. Maybe I don't like the brand Ghazibad or may be its dynamic overcrowd or could be both. whatever I don't like that place at least I don't see my home in Ghaziabad....I could think GHZ for investment but not for staying for sure. I have been in this Dynamic City for 3 years. That's my personal view.
 
Old July 20 2011, 08:17 PM   #9
Ex-Moderator
 
saurabh2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,529
Likes Received: 1040
Likes Given: 560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
I wonder Why I don't like staying in Ghaziabad despite having flat in Vaishali. Maybe I don't like the brand Ghazibad or may be its dynamic overcrowd or could be both. whatever I don't like that place at least I don't see my home in Ghaziabad....I could think GHZ for investment but not for staying for sure. I have been in this Dynamic City for 3 years. That's my personal view.
, Yes choices are personal and NCR is full of such cases. Parents of my Brother in law has one 2BHK in Rajendra Nagar GZB and also have own 180 Yard Villa of Ansal in Gurgaon Sushant Lok Sec. 52, but after the transfer of my bother in law to BOMBAY his parents prefer to live in their 2BHK in Rajendra nagar GZB and put GGN Villa on Rent at 28,000 PM. So its really personal choice where person want to live. I also have few own options to live but not living in new & best possible flat , I am still living in my old flat and put other new on RENT because in my old society I have lots of good friends..
 
Old July 21 2011, 12:52 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 75
Likes Received: 2
Likes Given: 7
My Mood: Cool
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by anksankur View Post
hahaha.Completely agree.Saurabh2011:I know u r a ghaziabad fan what with you doing gzb gzb all the time!
Anyways,I dont think its a dynamic or whatever city-it cannot be simplye because it has too much crime.
Good luck for whatever u wanted to achieve by this ages old article!
anksankur- If you talk about crime, which city in world does not have it. Look around... I have been to Vegas last year and was told by couple to locals that it has comparatively more crime than anywhere in world. The city was never in existence before it was discovered by couple of gangs to save themselves and looted money from Police. These gangs started along with other activities which then attracted more gangs. Slowly-2 they realize that this would be better bet to declare this place for leisure/fun and can earn more without crime hence Las Vegas city was made in the desert of Nevada where it would be difficult to visit without all the fun it has...
So we can not criticize if somebody is seeing any positive thing in current negative city.... Cheers!! Stay healthy and be Positive.
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
Garden City - Dynamic Infrasturcture
Value for Money - Indian cities Vs Rest of World
Home Loans !! Impact of the changing economic dynamic .....
The Future of CITIES ,Smaller Cities can Show the Way
Dynamic facade


Tags
cities, dynamic, gzb, newsweek, no6, ten, usa, world
".Ghaziabad.", ".Uttar Pradesh."India