142,163+ Members
   Get Started   Latest Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate in India > Real Estate Gurgaon > Real Estate Bubble set to burst again in India
Like Tree6918Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 16 2011, 10:18 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 130
Likes Received: 40
Likes Given: 22
Default

I don't see any kind of bubble burst happening in coming time (in reference to Gurgaon).
- We just recovered from recession
- People were not buying for past sometime during recession and once the things seems glowing everyone is going ahead and buying properties (luxury / non luxury).
- Historically, prices have rarely come down rather they have stagnated.
- Anyone buying a property at say Rs 100 will in his entire life span will not even consider selling it at Rs 99.
- Its just a way of fooling ourselves and waiting that one day correction will take place....we will miss the bus and will cry later that "oh...this property was available so cheap earlier....I wish, would have bought at that time".

raj.421 and beautybrains like this.
 
Old February 16 2011, 10:31 AM   #12
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,665
Likes Received: 299
Likes Given: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishv View Post
I don't see any kind of bubble burst happening in coming time (in reference to Gurgaon).
- We just recovered from recession
- People were not buying for past sometime during recession and once the things seems glowing everyone is going ahead and buying properties (luxury / non luxury).
- Historically, prices have rarely come down rather they have stagnated.
- Anyone buying a property at say Rs 100 will in his entire life span will not even consider selling it at Rs 99.
- Its just a way of fooling ourselves and waiting that one day correction will take place....we will miss the bus and will cry later that "oh...this property was available so cheap earlier....I wish, would have bought at that time".
If this really happens, You may see new projects getting launched at realistic prices.
chanchalb and sood sonia like this.
 
Old February 16 2011, 11:35 AM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 419
Likes Received: 44
Likes Given: 84
My Mood: Mellow
Default

I am of the same view on correction.I see projects being launched at higher rates when we expect correction to happen in the times of spiralling inflation.It's been quite sometime now since the economy has recovered from recession.
raj.421 likes this.
 
Old February 16 2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 695
Likes Received: 94
Likes Given: 39
My Mood: Cool
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetm View Post
I am of the same view on correction.I see projects being launched at higher rates when we expect correction to happen in the times of spiralling inflation.It's been quite sometime now since the economy has recovered from recession.
Those who ae expecting the correctin to be around the corner are the guys who never invest in properties. Property investment is for minimum 5 years and no one will loose money if we plan to invest for long term.

Looking at the sales volume builders have increased prices in last two quarters. The prices will remain stable for 2-3 quarters. We may see a nominal hike of 5-8% in FY1112.

Correction in Fy1112 is ruled out. Correction may happen in 1213 if Govt. is not able to control inflation and interrest rate.
 
Old February 16 2011, 12:12 PM   #15
 
 
MANOJa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 39,069
Likes Received: 3790
Likes Given: 1181
My Mood: Sick
Default

Rather strong words or views . Opposite could be, people investing recklessly, seem to have easy money .

Quote:
Originally Posted by psambher View Post
Those who ae expecting the correctin to be around the corner are the guys who never invest in properties. Property investment is for minimum 5 years and no one will loose money if we plan to invest for long term.

.............rate.
 
Old February 16 2011, 12:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 695
Likes Received: 94
Likes Given: 39
My Mood: Cool
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOJa View Post
tarun Bhai, this is what, many think is coming, u cannot wish away trouble, by closing eyes on it .
We can not keep our eyes closed waiting for the recession to come.

No one invest in recession because when you are not sure about future why will you invest the RE.

No one is sure of recession. recession will come only when everyone is bullish taht is what happened in 2008.

We are in a phase where prices will be stable for 2-3 quarter. Forget about recession now.

The price rise after one yr will depend on how the economy performs.
 
Old February 16 2011, 12:22 PM   #17
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Middle East
Posts: 8,816
Likes Received: 1544
Likes Given: 1279
My Mood: Chatty
Default

psambher - do you want us to shut eyes to all the correction talk going around...

I am not saying that do not invest in properties at all. Even i am looking to invest in a property soon. But there is no harm in being little cautiuous and wait out for 2-3 months to become sure of the sentiments of the market
 
Old February 16 2011, 02:52 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 695
Likes Received: 94
Likes Given: 39
My Mood: Cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANOJa View Post
Rather strong words or views . Opposite could be, people investing recklessly, seem to have easy money .
easy money is not available during recession. That is the reason builders were
not launching any project even after the recession was over. market picked up only in Q1 2010
 
Old February 16 2011, 03:02 PM   #19
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: gurgaon
Posts: 2,030
Likes Received: 95
Likes Given: 35
My Mood: Fine
Default

Cannot talk about future , but presently speaking about overall resale market , the market is stable right now , with steady increase in some projects ,

Short term speculators are avoiding the market right now due to stable nature , but mid term and long term investors are still investing !!!!

What happens in future is a thing to see , for me i donot see any backfiring in ready possession apartments as there is huge demand supply gap in that still , it should grow steadily !!!

Whereas under construction are also stable right now with +- 200 rupees on project to project basis in comparison to prices of 2-3 months back !!!

Correction IF THERE , would / should not be more than 5 to 10 % and if it does not happen , the upside should/would also be 5-10 % for coming 6 months , both i am talking about in terms of underconstruction residential !!!

Totally my POV !!! I could be wrong or could be right !!1
 
Old February 16 2011, 03:15 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 312
Likes Received: 20
Likes Given: 8
My Mood: Brooding
Default

My 2 cents on the probabilities for next six months-

What the article says (15% - 20% correction) - 5%
5%-10% correction - 25%
Stabe price - 50%
5% - 10% increase - 20%
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
Indian Real Estate Bubble Will Burst !!!!
India's Real Estate Bubble will burst by end of 2014 , lets bet on odds
Real Estate India Bubble - Is not going to burst now!
When pune's real estate bubble is going to burst?
Will India's real estate bubble burst? An international Perspective


Tags
real estate india bubble
".Gurgaon.", ".Haryana."India