141,517+ Members
   Get Started   Latest Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate in India > Real Estate Mumbai > VAT/ Service tax charged by builders?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 1 2010, 06:18 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
Likes Received: 0
Likes Given: 0
Default VAT/ Service tax charged by builders?

Dear friends,

I was looking to buy a flat when i found that most of the builders are charging SERVICE TAX / VAT...

As far as i knw...the case is pending with Supreme court...and the builders should not be charging this now..However, builders like Kalpataru, Hiranandani and big names are actually doing it..

Do you all have information on this..please let me know the practices of different builders..

Some builders are also taking an undertaking that whenever applicable, this charge will be borne by us...
if any 1 can post an attachment or pm it to me...of the undertaking

Kindly let us all know if any information is available on the same

 
Old June 1 2010, 06:27 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 91
Likes Received: 6
Likes Given: 0
My Mood: Buzzed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj0309 View Post
Dear friends,

I was looking to buy a flat when i found that most of the builders are charging SERVICE TAX / VAT...

As far as i knw...the case is pending with Supreme court...and the builders should not be charging this now..However, builders like Kalpataru, Hiranandani and big names are actually doing it..

Do you all have information on this..please let me know the practices of different builders..

Some builders are also taking an undertaking that whenever applicable, this charge will be borne by us...
if any 1 can post an attachment or pm it to me...of the undertaking

Kindly let us all know if any information is available on the same
Manoj,

Pls see the previous thread -
"tag Is 1% VAT applicable on new flats purchased after 31st March 2010??"
That will hopefully answer part of your query.

You are correct- builders are charging VAT and/or Service tax and as usual we dont have an option but to comply with their demands if we want to purchase flat.

Builder will & is tranferring this taxes to the consumers although there are lot of ambiguity pertaining to the service tax.

Kalpataru is charging VAT but no service tax.
RNA is charging Service tax but no VAT

If this taxes arent implemented builders will refund money.
 
Old June 1 2010, 06:59 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
Likes Received: 0
Likes Given: 0
Default

Hey neeraj...

I have been to that thread...but the discussions there are not focussing on which builder is doing what..I am trying to analyse the practice on different builders' practices...

Just like u mentioned information about Kalpataru and RNA...i would like to know about more builders

Thanks a lot for your quick response..appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj23in View Post
Manoj,

Pls see the previous thread -
"tag Is 1% VAT applicable on new flats purchased after 31st March 2010??"
That will hopefully answer part of your query.

You are correct- builders are charging VAT and/or Service tax and as usual we dont have an option but to comply with their demands if we want to purchase flat.

Builder will & is tranferring this taxes to the consumers although there are lot of ambiguity pertaining to the service tax.

Kalpataru is charging VAT but no service tax.
RNA is charging Service tax but no VAT

If this taxes arent implemented builders will refund money.
 
Old June 1 2010, 07:52 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
wadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 637
Likes Received: 13
Likes Given: 0
My Mood: Lurking
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manoj0309 View Post
Hey neeraj...

I have been to that thread...but the discussions there are not focussing on which builder is doing what..I am trying to analyse the practice on different builders' practices...

Just like u mentioned information about Kalpataru and RNA...i would like to know about more builders

Thanks a lot for your quick response..appreciate it
change the topi cof your thread then.
Rather name it to "List of builders charging VAT/Service Tax"
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
Approvals, Licences, Taxes, EDC, Service Tax, Labour Cess other Compliances by Builders
Share builders service descrepancies and mal practices
HOW is IDC CHARGED TO CUSTOMERS
How is idc charged
Builders demand Service Tax/ MVAT........how do we know if builder pay it to the govt?


Tags
builders, charged, service, tax, vat or
".Mumbai.", ".Maharashtra."India