142,411+ Members
   Get Started   Latest Posts Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
IREF® - Indian Real Estate Forum > Real Estate in India > Real Estate Noida > Car Parking Guidelines - By National Building Code
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 25 2010, 10:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
nibha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 602
Likes Received: 3
Likes Given: 0
My Mood: Fine
Default Car Parking Guidelines - By National Building Code

As per the National Building Code (NBC) one car parking area must not be less than 13.75 Sq. Mtr and one two wheeler parking area must not be less than 1.25 Sq. Mtr

P.S: lifted it from one of the complaints filed against gaursons
point 8
http://www.clientcomplain.com/Gaur_S...s-4397-SC.html

 
Old August 25 2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 701
Likes Received: 33
Likes Given: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibha View Post
As per the National Building Code (NBC) one car parking area must not be less than 13.75 Sq. Mtr and one two wheeler parking area must not be less than 1.25 Sq. Mtr

P.S: lifted it from one of the complaints filed against gaursons
point 8
http://www.clientcomplain.com/Gaur_S...s-4397-SC.html

Yes, NBC has codified the standard. I guess Noida Authority Building Regulation too has some size defined. do not remember exactly.
 
Old August 25 2010, 11:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 701
Likes Received: 33
Likes Given: 6
Default

NOIDA Authority Building Regulations

37 'Parking spaces' – Following guidelines for
parking for different types of buildings has been
prepared and shall be followed.
37.1 A separate parking plan shall be submitted for
approval along with building plans indicating
clearly the parking spaces for all types of
vehicles calculated on the basis of maximum
permissible covered area/FAR and the
circulation area.
Parking of vehicles shall not be permitted in the
setback area except Residential (other than
Group Housing and Industrial) which is to be left
open for circulation light and ventilation
landscaping and for movement of fire tenders,
except residential (other than Group Housing)
and Industrial
When parking space for cars is to be provided, it
shall not be less than 20 square metres in open
area and under stilts & basement - 30 square
metre per vehicle and for scooters and cycles, the
parking spaces provided shall not be less than 3
square metre and 1.40 square metre respectively.


Parking requirement in multi-storied buildings: One parking space for every 100 square metre carpet area.

Buyer of 2000 sft apartment should get 2 parking automatically.
 
Old August 25 2010, 11:35 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 701
Likes Received: 33
Likes Given: 6
Default

It comes as a shock to me...30 square meter covered parking space for each car? Do not know any builder ever provided that size........
 
Old August 26 2010, 12:12 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
vishal1880's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 827
Likes Received: 49
Likes Given: 26
My Mood: Busy
Default

god gimmi a break 30 sq meter! you muat be joking, 30 sq meter means 323 sq feet... yes it does.... my car would get a bigger place than my bedroom and my living room combined...
 
Old August 26 2010, 09:15 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 449
Likes Received: 71
Likes Given: 123
My Mood: Amazed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibha View Post
As per the National Building Code (NBC) one car parking area must not be less than 13.75 Sq. Mtr and one two wheeler parking area must not be less than 1.25 Sq. Mtr

P.S: lifted it from one of the complaints filed against gaursons
point 8
http://www.clientcomplain.com/Gaur_S...s-4397-SC.html
In sab cheejo ko pad kar to ek hi gana dimag mein aa raha hai----
dar lagta hai isko pad kar ji..... kirye ka ghar accha hai ji.............kirye ka ghar accha hai ji
 
Old August 26 2010, 12:41 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 701
Likes Received: 33
Likes Given: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal1880 View Post
god gimmi a break 30 sq meter! you muat be joking, 30 sq meter means 323 sq feet... yes it does.... my car would get a bigger place than my bedroom and my living room combined...

Not joking man...it is very much there on Noida Authority website. Me too pleasantly surprised.

If NA standard for parking is 30 sqmtr and I am sure they must be approving plans accordingly, how come we get barely half of that? Where goes the balance?

This means, in practice, there is difference between what is approved by NA in plans and what is practiced by the builders. Not surprising, builders avoid showing approved plans to buyers.

I am curious if any one has ever seen a NA approved plan for any project and has compared the same with actual?
 
Old August 26 2010, 12:56 PM   #8
Veteran Member
 
Munish Malhautra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: India
Posts: 2,918
Likes Received: 150
Likes Given: 5
My Mood: Cool
Icon15 Great Piece of Information

Excellent information. We should immediately clarify this with our respective builders. This is a very important point.
__________________
MM
 
Old August 26 2010, 02:00 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 231
Likes Received: 0
Likes Given: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basant View Post
Not joking man...it is very much there on Noida Authority website. Me too pleasantly surprised.

If NA standard for parking is 30 sqmtr and I am sure they must be approving plans accordingly, how come we get barely half of that? Where goes the balance?

This means, in practice, there is difference between what is approved by NA in plans and what is practiced by the builders. Not surprising, builders avoid showing approved plans to buyers.

I am curious if any one has ever seen a NA approved plan for any project and has compared the same with actual?
You get barely half of that because the builder sells the balance as additional parking to you/others for an extra lakh or so.
 
Old February 16 2014, 05:10 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 263
Likes Received: 44
Likes Given: 71
Default

Can anyone clarify the exact dimensions of min space required for basement car park in Noida? I have been offered ~7 ft wide parking which is surrounded by pillars on 3 sides and parking even a small car is extremely painful and doors won't open at all (small car width is > 5ft). what is the minimum width required for car park as per the noida authority?
 
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Join IREF Now!    
Related Threads
Open Car Parking(Direct) or Covered car parking(Indirect)???
Bungalow building guidelines
Covered Parking : Basement, Stilt Parking, Gurgaon- CLOSED
Any one has a copy of National building code


Tags
car, guide, lines, parking
".Noida.", ".Uttar Pradesh."India