|May 24 2012, 02:49 AM||#1|
Contractor/Labour Rates for fixing items like marble,tiles, granite
I am finalizing the contractor for laying flooring, kitchen otta, door frame, window sill etc. The work will be done for a new house so no cutting or demolition work is involved. My challenge is that I am out of country and trying to manage this remotely. I spoke to a contractor and my gut feel says that the rates quoted by him are very high. I would appreciate if members can provide their inputs/comments and share their experiences on the current market rates for the same work. I have mentioned the rates mentioned by the contractor below.
We can add more items so that all members can refer and know the current market rates.
1. Italian Marble flooring: 85 rupees per sq feet
2. Italian Marble skirting: 75 rupees RFT(running feet)
3. Italian marble mirror polish: 25 rupees per sq feet
4. Granamite(vitrified tile) flooring 2ft by 2 ft or 32inch by 32 inch: 30 rupees per sq feet
5. Granamite(vitrified tile) skirting 2ft by 2 ft or 32inch by 32 inch: 25 rupees RFT (running feet)
6. Ceramic tile floor(for balcony/terrace): 25 rupees per sq feet
6. Granite window and door frame and window sill: 55 rupees RFT(Running feet)
7. Kitchen Platform: 600 rupees RFT(Running feet)
8. Glazed tile dado(laser cut): 25 rupees per sq feet
9. Italian marble tappa with riser(stairs): 75 rupees sq feet
10. Italian marble tappa skirting: 65 rupees RFT(Running feet)
I would greatly appreciate your inputs. I asked this in a different thread but there was no reply. Later I realised that probably i asked this in a wrong thread.
|July 3 2012, 03:54 PM||#3|
I notice you are constructing a bungalow...there was also a thread "Want to build a House or Bungalow" grouping few interested persons. Could you revert if there was any traction on that? Thanks -
|February 9 2014, 07:36 PM||#4|
Updating this old post with relevant information. The quote as on 9 Feb 2014 (from different kadiya):
1. Granite window and door frame and window sill: 40 rupees RFT(Running feet)
2. Kitchen Platform: 600 rupees RFT(Running feet)
3. Glazed tile dado(laser cut): 20 rupees per sq feet
4. Removing paint/old times: 10 rupees per sq feet
I request members that are doing house renovation to keep on posting their rates, so that we can know the ongoing market rates and avoid being fleeced. One contractor quoted me 100rs per running feet for window sills, whereas other quoted me Rs.40!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Does Any Pvt. Builder ever use Italian Marble?|
|Are you 'fixing' your finances the IPL T20 way?|
|Vitrified tiles and labour cost|
|Better Specs for diff items|
|contractor or labour, fixing, granite, items, marble, rates, tiles|