I have been looking for apartments in Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bengaluru. My Father visited Aditi Residency, 9th Cross Rd, BEML 3rd Stage, Rajajeshwari Nagar after someone told him about apartments available for around 35 lakhs. There are some glaring approval issues with this project that I want to bring to the notice of the forum users -
1. Builder clams that it is BBMP, BWSB, BESCOM approved. While this is true, the builder has misrepresented the facts. The approval is for 1 unit per floor, whereas the builder has constructed 4 units per floor. This is in violation of the approved BBMP plan.
2. The site is roughly 4500 sft (50 x 90). Assuming 70% usable area (for setback) and deducting for common areas like staircase and lift, each apartment cannot be more than 800sft, whereas the builder claimed that it is around 1050 aft. Here is the calculations -
4500 - site size
assume 70% usable space, therefore buildable area = 3150 sft
Number of units per floor = 4
Sft per flat = 3150/4 = 787.5 sft.
Builder claims 1050 per flat.
This is only possible when setback is violated.
3. The approach road is only 30 ft wide. Further, it is a dead end and there is no room for parking of visitor vehicles anywhere on the road. Already neighbours were complaining that construction vehicles and customer vehicles were blocking their entry and exit to their properties.
4. After speaking with the neighbours, they were very unhappy with this construction and have already started complaints to BBMP .
5. Upon enquiring with BBMP ward office (Ward No. 160) they were surprised that the builder is planning on constructing 4 flats per floor. Further, they categorically stated that for a 30 ft wide road they cannot allow more than 4 apartments per building for 50x90 site, whereas the builder is planning on 16 flats for the building.
6. My father visited the site again 3 days later and construction has been stopped by BBMP due to the above mentioned violations. The laborers were just sitting around and no activity was taking place.
7. Builder claims that Andhra Bank and Canfin Homes will finance the apartments, but there is no way a bank will finance this apartments due to the serious violations and deviations from approved plan.
I suggest that users of this forum do their own enquiries and verify all builder claims for Aditi Residency before wasting their hard earned money. Here is the address and online advertisement by builder -