IREF® Real Estate in India - Property Discussion
Revert to old theme

Download our app now !



Reply
2Likes

What Is The Procedure To Get Approval for House construction in Chennai?
December 25 2008 , 05:42 PM   #1
Member

vpsureshkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 93
Likes Received: 6
My Mood: Breezy
What Is The Procedure To Get Approval for House construction in Chennai?

I purchased a half ground land in Cholambedu (Thirumullavoyal) in Chennai 9 months back. However it is an unapproaved land and now I want to construct my house on that land. What approvals do I need and what will be the cost and duration be involved? I think I need to get the land approval first and later the building approval. Pls advise
krish55 likes this.
December 31 2008 , 08:54 PM   #2
Natarajg007
Unregistered User

Natarajg007's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Likes Received:

Dont be foolish to think Whatheheck will get u approval. Infact u were foolish to buy unapproved land. Buy DTCP or CMDA approved land even if they cost a fortune.
January 2 2009 , 11:49 AM   #3
Senior Member

ks2071746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tamilnadu
Posts: 804
Likes Received: 4
My Mood: Relaxed
aproval

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natarajg007
Dont be foolish to think Whatheheck will get u approval. Infact u were foolish to buy unapproved land. Buy DTCP or CMDA approved land even if they cost a fortune.
Dear natarajg007,

Whatever done by the individual has already been done, may not be a right thing. However, being more knowledgable in the RE field, I would request, both your self and wiseman, may please suggest to the individual what is that he can do now to get the approval and start his dream house. Regards.

ks2071746
Emailus likes this.
January 2 2009 , 11:56 AM   #4
Natarajg007
Unregistered User

Natarajg007's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Likes Received:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks2071746
Dear natarajg007,

Whatever done by the individual has already been done, may not be a right thing. However, being more knowledgable in the RE field, I would request, both your self and wiseman, may please suggest to the individual what is that he can do now to get the approval and start his dream house. Regards.

ks2071746
I must admit that I am not the expert in greasing palms. I dont think I provide solutions for suicidal tendencies. In other words first design and then build. If you build and then want me to design, sorry I aint that silly moneymaker to offer non-helps as helps. Actually the local panchayat should give u approval and next u need to go to CMDA for approval of building. However getting land approved is no easy task and I will think the best one can do is find the next fool and palm it off if you dont know how to hold it.
THink of all the folks who lost PHYSICAL LAND in Indonesia because the sea had captured that land during the Tsunami. What solution do u give? If I go and say that to the fellows on the seaside of ECR will they listen? One can only do what one has been programmed to! I cant give brains to somebody across the net! ANd if anybody can, let me send it to the mutton shop! LOL!
January 4 2009 , 11:02 AM   #5
Member

vpsureshkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 93
Likes Received: 6
My Mood: Breezy
Getting Ground Plus 2 building approval

Is it possible to get ground plus 2 building approval for a 1200 sf having 20 feet road in Chennai (Thirumullavoyal). Pls advise.
January 5 2009 , 12:24 PM   #6
abk
Senior Member

abk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 619
Likes Received: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsureshkumar
Is it possible to get ground plus 2 building approval for a 1200 sf having 20 feet road in Chennai (Thirumullavoyal). Pls advise.
it is not possible in CMDA limits i think the area in question is in DTCP limits and it has its own rules. it is possible to build ground + 2 on a 20 ' road with some constraints in DTCP limits.
January 6 2009 , 02:06 PM   #7
Natarajg007
Unregistered User

Natarajg007's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Likes Received:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk
it is not possible in CMDA limits i think the area in question is in DTCP limits and it has its own rules. it is possible to build ground + 2 on a 20 ' road with some constraints in DTCP limits.
DTCP approves land. I think CMDA has to ultimately approve all buildings directly or indirectly so the rules will hold good for DTCP plots also. However the question in this thread is about un approved land if I did not miss it. So no DTCP or CMDA, just plain patta land or poremboke land.
January 6 2009 , 02:45 PM   #8
Senior Member

ks2071746's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tamilnadu
Posts: 804
Likes Received: 4
My Mood: Relaxed
unapproved land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natarajg007
I must admit that I am not the expert in greasing palms. I dont think I provide solutions for suicidal tendencies. In other words first design and then build. If you build and then want me to design, sorry I aint that silly moneymaker to offer non-helps as helps. Actually the local panchayat should give u approval and next u need to go to CMDA for approval of building. However getting land approved is no easy task and I will think the best one can do is find the next fool and palm it off if you dont know how to hold it.
THink of all the folks who lost PHYSICAL LAND in Indonesia because the sea had captured that land during the Tsunami. What solution do u give? If I go and say that to the fellows on the seaside of ECR will they listen? One can only do what one has been programmed to! I cant give brains to somebody across the net! ANd if anybody can, let me send it to the mutton shop! LOL!
Dear Natarajg007,

?????? One suggestion from you in plain English is that better sell it off. Still, I request some other suggestion to the guy who bought an unapproved land.

ks2071746
January 6 2009 , 02:49 PM   #9
Natarajg007
Unregistered User

Natarajg007's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Likes Received:

None really Mr KS.
January 6 2009 , 06:01 PM   #10
Member

vpsureshkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 93
Likes Received: 6
My Mood: Breezy

The land that I bought has patta, chitta, adangal and with valid sale deed. It is a residential plot with houses surrounding it. The only thing it is unapproved for building construction. So I have to get the land approval and then later the building plan approval. This is the procedure for all the land that got only panchayat approval when the layout was formed 25 years back. I did some homework and found out that I need to pay an OSR premium (open space reservation) fee to the municipal and get land approved. It is 10% of the guideline value. The approval is needed when we need to apply for bank loans and start construction. I Think DTCP will not receive application from public directly. Application can only come through municipal, panchayats and even CMDA (if the area is not under CMA)
I have one question. Does DTCP has its own building plan rules. Can anyone guide where I can find the rules on the net. I know CMDA has.
Choose theme from here -
LinkBack
LinkBack URL LinkBack URL
About LinkBacks About LinkBacks