Hi All,

I am planning to invest in the commercial property in WTC - GIFT city. I would really appreciate your experience and expert advice for the following questions.

1) Is this really a good investment plan ?. I am planning to get the return after 3 years from now. The plan is to invest for 2000 sq.ft. of office space and expected return is around 90k - 1Lac of rent / month after 2018.

2) Is is a good location to get the tenant after its ready to move in ?

3) The developer is Verifian red. it will be great if someone can share their experience for this developer and how fast they can finish the project. Also about their assured return plan if that really works.

4) I am not very much biased for WTC only. Hence if anyone can suggest other better investment plan I am open to conceder that as well. The aim is to invest max. of around 1.3 Cr and the return should be at least 90k / month after 2017.

thanks a lot in advance.
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
    • Other
    Hi; i am planning to invest as well. Did you invest?
    CommentQuote
    • ROI
    Hi

I have not invested yet as I am planning to visit the site first. Also I was looking for some other location like Navarangpura. The main thing I am not sure about is the ROI and to get the tenant .......

let me know if you have invested or planning ......
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    Hi; Yes i finally invested in WTC gift city. Hope its going to turn out good!
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    Hi nishugc;, is the construction already started ? What is the current rate of office space .
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    I have invested in service apartments not office space.
    CommentQuote
    • News
    • Connectivity
    Is the bridge on sabarmati connecting PDPU and gift city ready, it was supposed to be ready by end of 2014, but havent read anything and cannot see it in maps either

Bridge near PDPU to be ready by end of this year
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    I am also interested to invest in WTC....
    do you have any idea about the rate...
    CommentQuote
    • Project Review
    • Construction
    GIFT City Construction Progress - 2016

World Trade Center GIFT City Construction Progress - 2016

Level 2 Basement Completed, Level 1 Basement Completed, Ground Floor Work has Started in all 4 Towers A, B, C, D

Signature Tower by Hiranandani - Construction Progress - 2016

Level 1 Basement Completed, Work for 12 floors completed out of total 16 floor.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
    • Other
    When is this supposed to start generating revenues? When do first businesses move in?
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    Originally Posted by rakeshadf
    I am also interested to invest in WTC....
    do you have any idea about the rate...

Yes
    CommentQuote
    • Price
    • ROI
    With huge inventory lying unsold across the country, the road to recovery looks long and winding for the real estate sector. According to experts, it will take another five years to sell the 7 lakh units, but lack of buyers' interest will make it more and more difficult for developers to complete existing projects. Even the festive season and the recent round of rate cuts by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have failed to bring cheers to the real estate market. Lack of a regulator and delayed reforms have also prompted people to stay away from real estate. Property prices have remained stagnated.
    According to real estate consultancy firm JLL, in the last four quarters prices in Mumbai and Chennai increased by 3.7 per cent and 1.5 per cent, respectively, while in Delhi-NCR prices remained fl at. The trend is likely to continue. Though the situation is expected to improve this New Year, experts say, it won't be as good as 2010/2012, and will take a few more years for the sector to revive. Here is a lowdown on how the real estate sector is expected to perform in 2016.
    CommentQuote
    • Home Loan
    Read on to know all about home loans, how to strike the best deal with the lender.

By now, most potential home buyers incline towards taking a loan to purchase a property. In the last decade, property prices have risen notably. Having said this, the last two years probably might have the slowest period in the history of real estate sector.

The practice of taking up a home loan was not very familiar in the late 70's or even 80's Considering people taking up a home loan is on the rise, naturally concerns and doubts surrounding the subject are also many.

In a bid to answer such loan anxieties, we have summarised some common topics related to home loan.

Choosing between pre EMI and EMI

A common muddle on Magicbricks forum, buyers are unclear between Pre EMI and EMI. Some loan takers want to start paying off their loans while the property is still under construction. Is there a right time to initiate loan payment?

Is EMI better than Pre EMI?

For those who do not know, Pre EMI is when loan takers pay the rate of interest till they get possession of the house.EMI is the payment of the principal amount as well as the rate of interest after possession. Harsh Roongta, SEBI registered investment advisor & consulting financial expert says "There is no answer to the question which option is better. The only thing that people should keep in mind is that in EMI option, there is no deduction of payment of the rate of interest. It actually depends upon individuals. If one has the money, then he or she can begin payment before possession. The only thing to consider is that EMI option will allow you to pay off quicker."

Pre EMI or EMI, there is no good or bad attached to these options. The payment option that you choose is irrelevant as there are no advantages to consider. In the end, you need to pay the same fiscal amount. However, the latter route is the shorter one, amongst the two.

Considering a top up loan?

Sharad Saxena asked whether considering a top-up loan is a good idea. What is a top-up loan? When a person who is already paying back a home loan decides to further take an additional loan, then the additional loan is called a top-up loan. There are a couple of things to bear in mind before opting for such loans. Firstly, the value of the property for which the loan has been taken needs to be more than the loan amount. For example, is the loan amount is Rs 50 lakh and the top-up loan being considered is an additional Rs 16 lakh, then your home worth should be at least Rs 75 lakh.

The ownership of the property is also an important factor. If it is co-owned then the other owner also needs to agree with you in this decision, which means visiting banks and applying for loan together. However, if you have the power of attorney, you can sign on the co-owner's behalf for the top-up loan.

Secondly, the income of the loan bearer should be able to accommodate the stretched loan amount. The initial 15-20 percent of the stretched loan will be available at the same interest rate but the rest of the loan amount will have a higher rate of interest. So, if you are planning on a top-up loan, do the math to check whether your salary allows it.

How much is too much loan?

Vivek Hansda plans to buy a second property. He had first bought a 1BHK unit when his salary was about Rs 40,000 monthly. For the purchase, he had taken a home loan of Rs 25 lakh of which he has already made part payment 16 EMIs. Today, he gets a higher salary of Rs 65,000 and plans on purchasing a second property. Hansda asked Magicbricks whether he was eligible for a second home loan?

Roongta says, "A person can definitely apply for a second home loan. Banks would assume that about 45-50 percent of the income is available for the paying off the home loan. You should calculate and see whether you have that kind of disposable income to fend off the second loan."

Experts say that if one is spending 35-40 percent of their salary in paying loans then it is a worrisome situation. A second home is usually an investment for most people and borrowing for an investment is a leveraged loan, which is a risky affair. Be prepared for emergencies. It is advisable to not expend a major portion of your salary in expenditures.
    CommentQuote
  • Sobha to invest Rs 500 crore to construct a residential project in GIFT City The project will be spread over 1.3 million sq ft.Ankit Sharma | ETRealty | April 16, 2018, 18:30 IST

NEW DELHI: Sobha, a Bengaluru-based real estate builder, plans to invest over Rs 500 crore to develop a residential project in Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City).

J.C. Sharma, vice chairman and managing director, Sobha said, "With our investment in GIFT City, Sobha aims to meet the increasing demand for affordable housing while contributing to Prime Minister’s vision of ‘Housing for All’."

The project will be spread over 1.3 million sq ft.

"GIFT City is experiencing unprecedented growth in the commercial developments and corporate participation. We are delighted to have SOBHA committing such a significant investment at GIFT," said Ajay Pandey, MD and Group CEO, GIFT City.

Spread over 886 acres of land, GIFT City has so far received investment of over Rs 11,000 crore with allotment of 16 million sq ft of built up area.

https://realty.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/industry/sobha-to-invest-rs-500-crore-to-construct-a-residential-project-in-gift-city/63786841

CommentQuote
  • Wasn't GIFT city possesion should have been provided by now. Is there any concern that the possession is not yet provided.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nishugc
    Hi; Yes i finally invested in WTC gift city. Hope its going to turn out good!
    Hello nishgc, Myself Prof. Nanda from mumbai. As you said you have already invested in WTC in Gift City. I am also planning to invest in WTC Greater Noida., But I am having some queries. It would be really great if you can clear my queries. I would be highly obliged if you help me in this.
    CommentQuote