Gandhinagar: Infrastructure major, Hindustan Construction Company (HCC) and two other private firms have agreed to accept the Gujarat government’s offer to buy large tracts of land within the Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR), located at a distance of 140 kilometres from Ahmedabad, in the Gulf of Khambat area.
The two other companies are Greater Dholera Infracon (an arm of Singapore based USEL Group) and founder Sabeer Bhatia’s Nano Works Developer Gujarat.

This sale, involving about 2,736 hectares of government land, is perhaps the biggest bulk deal to happen in Gujarat, in the last 10 years.

The cumulative cost of the land was estimated to be Rs 927 crore.

The companies are purchasing land in two phases.

HCC is buying 766 hectares for Rs 293 crore, Greater Dholera Infracon, 1,208 hectares for Rs 473 crore and Nano Works Developer is purchasing 402 hectares for Rs 160 crore.

The state government had been trying to hard-sell the Dholera Special Investment Region to corporates over the last few years.

In October last year the state government had made an offer to three private companies to buy a mammoth 2,400 hectares of government land in the notified SIR.

The Dholera Special Investment Region development Authority (DSIRDA) has issued offer letters to three companies on 12th October 2011.

“All the three companies have agreed to purchase land at offered prices. At present government and company are doing the land survey and measurement before the final possession process. Once this is over the companies are expected to pay the sale price,” said KD Chandnani, CEO of DSIRDA.

The state government has quoted Rs 400 per square metre.

This is higher than the prevalent average minimum rate of land fixed by the government, which is Rs 50-150 in the area.

This is however, lower than the prevalent market prices of Rs 750-1,000 per square metre, which is the average price of private land.

Gujarat govt sells 2,736 hectares in Dholera SIR
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • how good is investement here ?

memebrs - please comment
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dpkmjn2012
    how good is investement here ?

memebrs - please comment

Yes there is best future for investing, but it not for short term. You should have to wait for benefit since long term.

-------------------------------------------
    New 2BHK Flats in Ahmedabad
    CommentQuote
  • hmm
    CommentQuote
  • I was doing some reaseach on this, Dholera looks attrative being close to sea, they are planning to develop the sea port there. plus the new air port is planned on Fedara, close to Dholera. I am interested in investing in small ticket item there for long term. Seneior member please advice.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vbinda
    I was doing some reaseach on this, Dholera looks attrative being close to sea, they are planning to develop the sea port there. plus the new air port is planned on Fedara, close to Dholera. I am interested in investing in small ticket item there for long term. Seneior member please advice.

The vision for Dholera SIR is simply mind blowing ! Land acquisition for the SIR has started and is progressing smoothly. Also the work of widening the highways linking Dholera has started and is progressing well. There are some issues relating to the environment clearance for the construction of the airport which the govt is actively trying to resolve. Another issue that is plaguing the project is that it is situated in a low lying area due to which a lot of companies are apprehensive in terms of setting up a facility there fearing water logging during monsoons. The Govt is looking at various solutions to mitigate this particular problem. The response to the SIR in this year's Vibrant Gujarat Summit has been particularly encouraging with MOUs worth around 25000 crores being signed. At the same time projects by HCC,Universal group and Sabeer Bhatia have not shown much progress and are likely to be shelved/curtailed.
    Bottom line is that there are lot of opportunities but at the same there are a lot of challenges to surmount to make this project a success. Considering that this is Modi's pet project people are quite optimistic that the project ll eventually be a roaring success.You can look to invest in this project with a 5-10 years time horizon. Some of the projects which you could consider whose paper work looks alright are Dholera Metro City and Magnanimous Greens.:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vbinda
    I was doing some reaseach on this, Dholera looks attrative being close to sea, they are planning to develop the sea port there. plus the new air port is planned on Fedara, close to Dholera. I am interested in investing in small ticket item there for long term. Seneior member please advice.

1 dholera metro city
    2 rivasa
    3 Magnanimous Greens
    4 AAGAM 72
    5 Magnanimous Pearl 2
    CommentQuote
  • 1 Dholera metro city seems to be good but is almost sold out and my concern is this seems to be located outside of Dholera
    2 Rivasa, Magnanimous greens and pearl 2, AAGAM 72 - Again not sure as located outside of Dholera
    http://dholerasir.com/images/eMaps/Taluka%20Maps/TALUKA%20DHANDHUKA.pdf

they all claim to be talking about Dholera SIR, DMIC etc. but all are actually situated outside DHOLERA and seems to be some sort of gimmick (correct me if i am wrong)...is there anything actually insider Dholera
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit3105
    1 Dholera metro city seems to be good but is almost sold out and my concern is this seems to be located outside of Dholera
    2 Rivasa, Magnanimous greens and pearl 2, AAGAM 72 - Again not sure as located outside of Dholera

they all claim to be talking about Dholera SIR, DMIC etc. but all are actually situated outside DHOLERA and seems to be some sort of gimmick (correct me if i am wrong)...is there anything actually insider Dholera

Member i am still looking for a reply...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit3105
    1 Dholera metro city seems to be good but is almost sold out and my concern is this seems to be located outside of Dholera

my friend for all these u have to go to dholera there as u cant buy plot by siting at Mumbai
    CommentQuote
  • guys any status on this?
    CommentQuote
  • Yesss.... Because N.A. of inside dholera has not been opened up yet. If you want to go for investment purpose, you can invest in industrial land which you can get inside dholera.
    Actually Government has divided Dholera SIR into 6 TP zone and all these TP will be developed by after another. For now Government is working for TP 1 which will include four villages namely Ambli, Gogla, Kadipur, and Bhadiyad out of Total 22 villages under Dholera SIR. According to Government sources work for TP 1 will start in next 5 Months and it will be in business till 2018.
    CommentQuote
  • Projects worth Rs 2,800 crore under way in Dholera SIR TNN | Jan 6, 2019, 05:07 IST

AHMEDABAD: After facing innumerable delays ever since it was announced, the Dholera Special Investment Region (DSIR) seems to be getting some traction at least on the infrastructure development front. Projects worth Rs 2,800 crore are currently being executed in the activation area and these infrastructure facilities are expected to be ready by September 2019.

“We are spending Rs 3,000 crore on developing infrastructure facilities in the activation area spread over 22.5 square kilometres. Contracts for projects costing Rs 2,800 crore are under various stages of development in the activation area. We plan to ready infrastructure facilities by September 2019,” said Jai Prakash Shivahare, managing director, Dholera Industrial City Development Limited (DICDL).

These infrastructure projects pertain to construction of roads and utility services, water and sewage treatment plants and electricity transmission system. The total area of Dholera SIR, to be developed as an industrial city, is 922 sq km.

Projects to the tune of Rs 1.44 lakh crore were lined up for Dholera SIR during the previous edition of Vibrant Gujarat Summit in 2017. When asked about the actual fruition of these investment proposals, Shivahare added, “We are not in MoU mode now. We are getting requests from companies and we tell them that if you need land for your projects, come to us and we will allot land immediately.”

Although infrastructure facilities are being readied in the DSIR, it is yet to get any anchor investor. DICDL is also planning to finalise some deals with interested companies for their projects over the next few months.

French aerospace and defence giant Airbus group and Baba Kalyani-promoted Kalyani group have committed to invest in Dholera but they will establish their defence projects only after they get orders. Airbus had signed an MoU for aerospace and defence cluster in 2017.

According to DICDL officials, the company is also in talks with some industry associations for establishment of an industrial cluster for smaller players.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/projects-worth-rs-2800-crore-under-way-in-dholera-sir/articleshow/67402318.cms
    CommentQuote