i am new in india and new to real estate in ahmedabad. i would like to have advise in areas of legal risks involved in buying and holding land and precautions to be taken. i live in usa and i do not have anyone in india who can manage future problems for me.
am i safe in buying land in develped society or subdivision than buying raw land?. my objective is to hold land for appreciation not to build my home. my budget is 1-2 cr.
Read more
7 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by artdave
    i am new in india and new to real estate in ahmedabad. i would like to have advise in areas of legal risks involved in buying and holding land and precautions to be taken. i live in usa and i do not have anyone in india who can manage future problems for me.
    am i safe in buying land in develped society or subdivision than buying raw land?. my objective is to hold land for appreciation not to build my home. my budget is 1-2 cr.

You Can Buy a raw land only if you are a Farmer otherwise you have to buy N.A.(Non Agriculture) Land.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by artdave

Why do you want to try it in Ahmadabad? Why not Bangalore or Chennai?
    CommentQuote
  • HI

Hi,

Yes you can buy land here, there is no problem in buying.
    First of all check if you are NRI then better take legal advise.
    Dont try to buy your own, better if go through any reputed property builders not dealers.
    But keep in mind to visit this place atleat once in a year or ask some one else to do it on your behalf.
    Invest and Forget is not the cocept here in India.
    Also dont tell your limit to builders, ask for price and then invest..

Regards,
    Mani

Originally Posted by artdave
    CommentQuote
  • Ya that's right why do you want land in Ahmadabad you buy land in Chennai or Bangalore there will be not a single risk factor , but you will get cost is higher then Ahmadabad it's as per my knowledge.
    CommentQuote
  • I think your budget is good for the investment in real estate in Ahmedabad. It has many developed areas in which you can invest your money. You can buy land as well as properties in these areas but just a little advice that, Do proper research before doing actual investment.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Buy land in kutch believe me you will make loads of money ahmedabad market is saturated and there are many problems in land there
    CommentQuote