I am looking for residential plot/villa in Bangalore. Have come across many..from websites..but I am not sure which is good etc.
Please let me know if you know any good ongoing project, good in the sense basically good location, near to City (need not be very close), somewhat good builders etc.

Also if you can, let me know about below places. As I saw many projects are from there..

1. Near Electronic city - near Narayana Hrudayalaya - I found one here (in fact many), is it a good place? far from city?
2. Sarjapur road - I found many projects are coming here, what about this place?
3. Anekal/Atibele road..or near Anekal ... how about this places?
4. Thanisandra - is it a good place?

thanks in advance,
psf
Read more
17 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • 1) Well the area near Narayana Hrudayalaya hospital is on the outskirts of the
    city, so it depends upon your convenience.
    2) Sarjapur road sure is in the news for the development. Hers's a link
    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/Sarjapur-Road-is-
    heating-up/articleshow/7427429.cms
    3) Anekal road is at quite a distance from the metro but the projects there seem
    nice. Again the convenience matters.
    4) Thanisandra also has some great projects and surely is a nice place. Sobha
    developers is a prime real estate developer there.
    Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    title=Sobha_Developers&action=edit&redlink=1
    CommentQuote
  • Villa or Apartment or Plot

Guys

I am new to Bangalore. I need your opinion based on the following-

Currently we are located out of the country.
      Planning to shift back to India in another 5 years.
      Small family from North India but doesnt want to stay in NCR or Mumbai.

Please advise-

Will it be good for us to invest in a villa or a gated residential plot or an apartment. Please note that we will not be staying there now because our requirement is 5 years from now.
      Please advise, from resale and appreciation point of view, will it be good to put money in a villa or in an apartment in Bangalore

Thanks

Please advise-

Will it be good for us to invest in a villa or a gated residential plot or an apartment. Please note that we will not be staying there now because our requirement is 5 years from now.
      Please advise, from resale and appreciation point of view, will it be good to put money in a villa or in an apartment in Bangalore

Thanks

Please advise-

Thanks

Please advise-

Thanks

Please advise-

Thanks

Please advise-

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vmn242018

Thanks

You didn't mention your budget, so that leaves the court wide open. If you can afford a villa within city areas, then nothing like it. An affordable villa would be on city outskirts like Sarjapur etc. Villa or apartment is a lifestyle choice that only you can make, based on your current and future cash flows. I would suggest you to stay away from villa plots for only a 5-year horizon, and especially one where you wouldn't want to settle down and construct a house.

Based on the details you have provided, I would think there are three practical options for you -
    a) buy a RTM apartment and give it out on rent till you and family decide to move back;
    b) buy a pre-launch apartment from reliable builder, such that expected possession would be around 4-5 years from now (although they may promise possession in 2-3 years which never really works).
    c) the equity markets look to be at the trough of the economic cycle, so you can now invest in MFs for a 3-4 year horizon by which time the markets should have started the upmove to the crest; this would be the time to exit and invest the proceeds into a RTM apartment around the time you're back
    If I were you, I would go with 3rd option. Let us know if you have some other option in mind!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sgeorge
    You didn't mention your budget, so that leaves the court wide open. If you can afford a villa within city areas, then nothing like it. An affordable villa would be on city outskirts like Sarjapur etc. Villa or apartment is a lifestyle choice that only you can make, based on your current and future cash flows. I would suggest you to stay away from villa plots for only a 5-year horizon, and especially one where you wouldn't want to settle down and construct a house.

Based on the details you have provided, I would think there are three practical options for you -
    a) buy a RTM apartment and give it out on rent till you and family decide to move back;
    b) buy a pre-launch apartment from reliable builder, such that expected possession would be around 4-5 years from now (although they may promise possession in 2-3 years which never really works).
    c) the equity markets look to be at the trough of the economic cycle, so you can now invest in MFs for a 3-4 year horizon by which time the markets should have started the upmove to the crest; this would be the time to exit and invest the proceeds into a RTM apartment around the time you're back
    If I were you, I would go with 3rd option. Let us know if you have some other option in mind!

Hi George

My budget is 1.2cr all inclusive. I dont know if, in this budget, I will be able to afford a villa in city areas or not. My first preference will always be a villa but in a gated community and I would like to have it on construction linked plan. Taken your suggestion on plots but I am looking for a gated villa community which will be ready in the next 3 years or so.

About your suggested options-
    a) RTM- this will disturb my cash flow and the owner will expect the color component which I dont want to go for- considering that I have all my funds in white. And RTM means I have to pay everything at once which means I will have to withdraw money from my other investments. Secondly, I will be buying this apartment for end-use and I wont feel good to give it on rent (some people have this problem :)
    b) Pre-launch or recently launched apartment- this is the only choice seems practical for me but being new to B'glore- I need help to finalize places where I should be concentrating.
    c) I am already invested in MF's and equities (upto 30%) and dont want to increase the ratio as of now. More so when I dont have any base back in India to settle down. I have put my money in FD's as well but I dont have much investment in real estate. And I feel this is the right time to invest (?)

Though I have parental house and a plot in North India but I dont have any plans to settle in NCR- its not worth living there.

About option (b)- Bangalore new launch or prelaunch- my plan is to shorlist 5 places where I should be concentrating on. Than shortlist 2 projects in each place (so 10 project overall). Visit Bangalore with family and cover these 10 projects and 5 places in 3-4 days. Before that I will have to spend time in due diligence and gathering feedback from people.

APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE AND CRYSTAL CLEAR REPLY.
    CommentQuote
  • Choice (a) is the best. Choice (c) is dangerous. People who have invested 3 years back didn't make any profits or portfolio remained same. Equities can not be predicted on time horizon. Especially for goal based investing, it is risky. He may even lose the principal. For time frames like this Fixed deposits or better. If someone wants higher returns than bank fixed deposits then corporate fixed deposits are better but keep in mind to stick to only larger corporate like Britannia, HDFC, SBI etc.
    CommentQuote
  • To all the real estate buyers, realize there is NOTHING called a gated community. There are only layouts. Developers are making customers fools in the name of gated community and charging lakhs higher and people are wishing they are buying a villa/plot/flat (whatever) in a gated community as a matter of fact they are buying something at higher price which doesn't exist legally at all.

At 1.2 crore budget within city limits, I do not think you would get a villa. But outside the core city that's certainly a very high budget and easy to get. The below are the picks which I know.

Prestige lakeside habitat - construction started. Varthur-Gunjur road. But the construction is currently stopped due to objections by government. I don't know the price considering the area is not so popular you may get in expected budget.

It may disappoint you but that's the fact. Even India's #1 residential developer like Prestige also can't guarantee that everything will be smooth and his own projects are stalled after pre-launch. That's why RTM are recommended or you need to take risk yourself in pre-launch. It doesn't matter which among the big developers you chose - Sobha, Brigade, Presitge, RMZ, Salarpuria are top developers. You can check their websites for any villas ongoing. I know few of their projects but it is better for you to check what specifications and style you are looking for. If you have a time frame of 3-5 years I would rather suggest to buy after 3-5 years, a ready to move.

Sarjapur Road, Sarjapur, Ahtibelle etc has many villa projects but most are low profile developers. Exercise caution.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by inboxsurvey
    Choice (a) is the best. Choice (c) is dangerous. People who have invested 3 years back didn't make any profits or portfolio remained same. Equities can not be predicted on time horizon. Especially for goal based investing, it is risky. He may even lose the principal. For time frames like this Fixed deposits or better. If someone wants higher returns than bank fixed deposits then corporate fixed deposits are better but keep in mind to stick to only larger corporate like Britannia, HDFC, SBI etc.

Sir,

70% of my FD's are in public sector banks and remaining with private companies. I have not invested in real estate so far and now I feel this is the time to put money for end use house/apartment. RTM is a good option but by the time I will start living (4-5 years down the line) construction quality will depreciate and moreover in RTM I will have to disturb my current cash outflow and need to change color component as well. RTM is the safest choice but going for recently launched apartment with reputed builders might be the second best. Please share your thoughts

Its good to see when people help you in changing one's perception and which eventually proves beneficial.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vmn242018
    Sir,

70% of my FD's are in public sector banks and remaining with private companies. I have not invested in real estate so far and now I feel this is the time to put money for end use house/apartment. RTM is a good option but by the time I will start living (4-5 years down the line) construction quality will depreciate and moreover in RTM I will have to disturb my current cash outflow and need to change color component as well. RTM is the safest choice but going for recently launched apartment with reputed builders might be the second best. Please share your thoughts

Its good to see when people help you in changing one's perception and which eventually proves beneficial.

Yes, I replied to you in the above post. You can consider any apartment/villa from top builders. But stick to only top builders. They may say the completion time is 3 years from now on but it would extend by minimum 1-2 year. So that should meet your exact expectation. Consider these areas for peaceful living - Varthur-Gunjur road (Prestige lake side habitat has both flats and villas), Brigade is constructing apartment on whitefield main road (nearby Forum Value Mall) forgot the apartment name, Sobha developing villas and flats nearby Panathur road which is a pre-launch project. All these are nearby to Whitefield which is a very reasonable area to live.

You are focusing on areas but rather focus on developers first as you have a high budget to accommodate and see where they have projects in your budget. Post few links and then forum users would be able to comment on the areas. The rates which we mention on forum may not be accurate but only approximate. My suggestion if you are looking for your own living then plot/villas in a layout are the best.
    CommentQuote
  • If I were in your position, I would do the following:

-- Will Split the investment into two.
    1) Buy one plot * 60 to 70L.
    2) Negotiate/Buy an under-construction flat in a project, which will be RTM in say ~2 years.

-- Once the flat is ready, will rent the flat for 3 years and sell it after 3 years, with some decent ROI.

-- Invest the returns with "No Capital Gain tax" in the same plot to construct my dream-house for self-stay.

Having two options (a plot and a flat) in <60L range each,, gives much better exit/resale option in present market conditions. (ie.. selling a 1.2CR property after 5 years will be much difficult)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rkveni
    If I were in your position, I would do the following:

2) Negotiate/Buy an under-construction flat in a project, which will be RTM in say ~2 years.

-- Once the flat is ready, will rent the flat for 3 years and sell it after 3 years, with some decent ROI.

-- Invest the returns with "No Capital Gain tax" in the same plot to construct my dream-house for self-stay.

Having two options (a plot and a flat) in <60L range each,, gives much better exit/resale option in present market conditions. (ie.. selling a 1.2CR property after 5 years will be much difficult)

Thanks rkveni

I liked the idea. Even though we are planning to settle down in Banglore but we dont know what is in store for us 4 years from now. Your plan got some safety buffer. :clap2:
    CommentQuote
  • Help needed !!

Dear all

- I am looking for 3bhk in B'glore for end use-investment purposes (depends on my circumtances 4-5 years from now- I will use it myself or put it on rent or sell it off).
    - Budget is 70-80lacs (all inclusive).
    - I have finalized the area, marked in black boundry, in the map where I will be concentrating. - I need opinion from people on this forum, if this is the right choice or not.
    - I have considered one factor that phase-2 metro will be intersecting this area so places in the radius of 3kms will be a good place to live as well as well connected to central Bglore.
    - I AM LOOKING FOR RECENTLY LAUNCHED OR PRE-LAUNCH PROJECTS due to cash constraints.

Please advise
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Hi vmn242018;

You can look at Prestige Kew Garden project, its still in Pre launch stage. As its from Top builder, will get good re sale value. There a discussion going on this project in forum.
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/bangalore-real-estate/99154-prestige-kew-gardens-by-prestige-group-in-marathahalli-bangalore?t=99699
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vishwav
    Hi vmn242018;

You can look at Prestige Kew Garden project, its still in Pre launch stage. As its from Top builder, will get good re sale value. There a discussion going on this project in forum.
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/bangalore-real-estate/99154-prestige-kew-gardens-by-prestige-group-in-marathahalli-bangalore?t=99699

Checked it. Costly for me considering that I need 3bhk
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rkveni
    If I were in your position, I would do the following:

Interesting! The catch is: In the long term capital gains made from the sale of a house is higher than than the cost of construction of the new house/flat then the capital gains are not fully exempted. The gains are exempted only as much as the cost of the new house/flat and the rest of the amount is taxed as per the laws. So full tax benefit is allowed ONLY if the entire capital gains is used on the new house/flat. This is also not applicable if the tax payer already has another house or flat. So, at a time only one house/flat be it constructed or under-constructed is allowed.
    CommentQuote
  • inboxsurvey;
    it depends on how much they show in white.
    CommentQuote