Here’s an interesting story about one road close to Electronic City, not much known to most forum members and 10 projects on this road.

Off Sarjapur Road, you have a road called Harlur Road (HR). This HR connects to Hosa Road junction/signal on Hosur Road from where easily you can reach Electronic City.

This HR also connects to Sarjapur Road from one side. On Google, you may perhaps find it as Haralur Road also. Once u connect to Sarjapur Road, u can easily go to Bellandur also, if your work place is towards that side or even reach Wipro Corporate Office area easily. HSR BDA Shopping Complex on 14th Main Road is also not very far away from this HR. National Institute of Fashion Technology on 27th Main is also not very far away from this HR. In fact, this HR area is also called HSR Layout Extension.

Now, what is interesting about this HR is the number of projects that are under construction here. Acres and acres on both sides of this HR are plain empty grounds but almost every inch has been bought/accumulated/acquired by builders long since. Currently, not 1 or 2 but 10 projects are ongoing. That is what is interesting – especially for those who may be considering DLF Maiden Heights or Confident projects on Sarjapur Road.

The condition of this road Haralur Road is horrible – the less said the better – but which road in Bangalore “was” not bad “once upon a time”? This is the only thing that may put you all off.

Now, the projects and the price difference. The few projects that are ongoing on this road are:

Springfield Apartments, Ozone Residenza, Lakedew Residency Phase 2, Purva Skywood, Sobha Cinnamon, ND Passion, Silver County, Silver Shelter, SLV Flora, Silver Heights. All these projects are in a radius of just 3-4 kms – at the most – from one another, while some among these, are just adjacent to one another.

Now, the price difference.

Silver County is a 185 units apartment complex in Phase I and another 185 in Phase II. Launched at 2300 psft just 2 months ago, now it is selling at 2400 psft. Handover in Dec 2012.

Less than just a km away is ND Passion. Price is 3390 psft. While ND is giving a 1300 SFT apartment at 57,37,434 all inclusive including registration (AIIR), Silver County is giving a 1337 SFT apartment at 38,53,803 AIIR. Both projects are progressing at a menacing pace. As for rest of the things, all of u investigate, compare yourselves.

ND Passion by the way, has another project called ND Laurel on Varthur Main Road, selling at just 2450 psft, a 2BHK 921 SFT apartment at just 30,10,750 AIIR.

All I have given here is just some food for thought about some cheap bargains in a Road, unexplored by most of you, unknown to most of you.
Read more
Reply
79 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any prelaunches expected in this stretch?
    CommentQuote
  • I am also waiting for the same. I saw Primecorp board near Silver Crown. Should be a good bet. Atleast no High Voltage Cables over the Play area like in Silver County and Silver Crown. Imagine risking your life everyday under these high voltage cables.
    CommentQuote
  • Prestige Ferns Residency is also coming up on this stretch. The Sales team mentioned that the initial offer would be at 4250/sqft. From what I learned, Purva Skywood which is half way through in terms of total construction etc, is charging 4150 + some FRC.

    My knowledge about real estate is not much (just started doing some research a couple weeks back). I had the impression that Purvankara, Brigade, Mantri, Sobha and Prestige are all in the same category of builders providing super luxury housing.
    Also, for Prestige Ferns Residency, this is just a pre-launch. So, I'm a little surprized when they're quoting 4250 pre-launch for their project when a close competitor is quoting 4150 for a half completed project close by.

    Is there something I am overlooking ? Can some of the realty gurus here on the forum explain this ?

    Also, What is the scope of getting a better bargain for Prestige Ferns Residency (A blog post on harshasagarcom says that Prestige folks have a no negotiation policy and they don't decrease their prices irrespective of anything like group buy etc).com says that Prestige folks have a no negotiation policy and they don't decrease their prices irrespective of anything like group buy etc).
    CommentQuote
  • Vaswani has done some good work. Nice villas. I'm nostalgic for Bangalore - we moved out some years ago to Gurgaon ... Much tougher here.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by texens
    Prestige Ferns Residency is also coming up on this stretch. The Sales team mentioned that the initial offer would be at 4250/sqft. From what I learned, Purva Skywood which is half way through in terms of total construction etc, is charging 4150 + some FRC.

    My knowledge about real estate is not much (just started doing some research a couple weeks back). I had the impression that Purvankara, Brigade, Mantri, Sobha and Prestige are all in the same category of builders providing super luxury housing.
    Also, for Prestige Ferns Residency, this is just a pre-launch. So, I'm a little surprized when they're quoting 4250 pre-launch for their project when a close competitor is quoting 4150 for a half completed project close by.

    Is there something I am overlooking ? Can some of the realty gurus here on the forum explain this ?

    Also, What is the scope of getting a better bargain for Prestige Ferns Residency (A blog post on harshasagarcom says that Prestige folks have a no negotiation policy and they don't decrease their prices irrespective of anything like group buy etc).
    unless you have 5 or 10 in a group you hardly can bargain with Grade A developers try group buying forums you might get a better bargain You can try in sites like this
    http://www..com

    or start a thread where you can find people who are looking to book same project if you have atleast five in your group you can do some bargaining
    or start a thread where you can find people who are looking to book same project if you have atleast five in your group you can do some bargaining
    or start a thread where you can find people who are looking to book same project if you have atleast five in your group you can do some bargaining
    or start a thread where you can find people who are looking to book same project if you have atleast five in your group you can do some bargaining
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nash2050
    unless you have 5 or 10 in a group you hardly can bargain with Grade A developers try group buying forums you might get a better bargain You can try in sites like this
    http://www..com

    or start a thread where you can find people who are looking to book same project if you have atleast five in your group you can do some bargaining


    Thanks nash2050 for the info on group buying. Do you have any hypothesis on why Prestige is charging much higher than Purvankara on the same road and that too in Pre-Launch ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by texens
    Thanks nash2050 for the info on group buying. Do you have any hypothesis on why Prestige is charging much higher than Purvankara on the same road and that too in Pre-Launch ?


    I have not seen both the projects check the amenities and proximity to public transport and recreational facilities
    CommentQuote
  • I got the email from Prestige about the pre-launch. Here are the details from their email:
    We are pleased to inform you that we will shortly be starting sales for our new pre launch project “Prestige Ferns residency” project located on Harlur road, off sarjapur road, Bangalore.
    Please find below the brief details of the project for your kind perusal.
    · Location : Harlur road,
    · Distance : From Sarjapur Road 1.8km
    From Kormangala 6.3km
    To Wipro corporate Office: 3km
    · Extent of Land : 25 Acres approx
    · Type of Project : High rise Residential Apartments
    · Type of Apartments : 2BR,2.5BR, 3BR, 3.5BR, 4BR
    · Areas : 1200sft to 2550sft approx
    “Prestige Ferns Residency” is ideally located making your home closer to your work, renowned schools & entertainment centers
    · Distance from :
    · Sarjapur road: 1.8km
    Ø Wipro corporate office: 2.7km
    Ø ORR junction: 2.4km
    Ø Marathalli Bridge: 6 km
    Ø Kormangala: 6.5km
    Ø MG road: 14 km
    · Nearest Schools: Inventure Academy , Gear International School, Greenwood high International School, Indus International School,
    · Nearest shopping malls: Total Mall, Bangalore Central
    · Nearest Hospitals: VIMS speciality Hospital, St.John’s hospital
    · Nearest IT parks : Wipro corporate office, Eco space, Prestige Tech Park, Vridavan tech park, Cessna Business park, Salarpuria Soft zone, RMZ Hallmark, Salarpuria Touchstone etc…
    The price of the same will be Rs.4250/- sft . This price is valid for the 1st few units only.
    Booking Amount : 2BR- 3Lacs, 2.5BR-4Lacs, 3BR-5Lacs, 3.5BR-6Lacs, 4BR-7Lacs.
    CommentQuote
  • My friend who visited the site said it is far from the Sarjapur Main Road and also not many shopping centers near that project except total mall which is 1.5km..Also there is BSF camp opposite which makes this place remote…
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by texens
    Thanks nash2050 for the info on group buying. Do you have any hypothesis on why Prestige is charging much higher than Purvankara on the same road and that too in Pre-Launch ?


    see this website you can find people interested in prestige ferns and also pors and cons
    » Prestige Ferns Residency – Location, Price, Review, Public Opinion & More » Bangalore Property Reviews by Harsha Sagar, Reviews of Apartments / Villas & Plots in Bangalore
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nash2050
    I got the email from Prestige about the pre-launch. Here are the details from their email:
    We are pleased to inform you that we will shortly be starting sales for our new pre launch project “Prestige Ferns residency” project located on Harlur road, off sarjapur road, Bangalore.
    Please find below the brief details of the project for your kind perusal.
    · Location : Harlur road,
    · Distance : From Sarjapur Road 1.8km
    From Kormangala 6.3km
    To Wipro corporate Office: 3km
    · Extent of Land : 25 Acres approx
    · Type of Project : High rise Residential Apartments
    · Type of Apartments : 2BR,2.5BR, 3BR, 3.5BR, 4BR
    · Areas : 1200sft to 2550sft approx
    “Prestige Ferns Residency” is ideally located making your home closer to your work, renowned schools & entertainment centers
    · Distance from :
    · Sarjapur road: 1.8km
    Ø Wipro corporate office: 2.7km
    Ø ORR junction: 2.4km
    Ø Marathalli Bridge: 6 km
    Ø Kormangala: 6.5km
    Ø MG road: 14 km
    · Nearest Schools: Inventure Academy , Gear International School, Greenwood high International School, Indus International School,
    · Nearest shopping malls: Total Mall, Bangalore Central
    · Nearest Hospitals: VIMS speciality Hospital, St.John’s hospital
    · Nearest IT parks : Wipro corporate office, Eco space, Prestige Tech Park, Vridavan tech park, Cessna Business park, Salarpuria Soft zone, RMZ Hallmark, Salarpuria Touchstone etc…
    The price of the same will be Rs.4250/- sft . This price is valid for the 1st few units only.
    Booking Amount : 2BR- 3Lacs, 2.5BR-4Lacs, 3BR-5Lacs, 3.5BR-6Lacs, 4BR-7Lacs.


    these are really scary numbers.. I dont get this whole fascination for harlur road.. as some experts here would say \'this road is set to explode\'..

    shobha,purva,ND(2 proj) and now prestige just to name a few.. all in excess of 500 units per project.. prestige with 25acres has potential for 2000 units alone..

    has anyone looked at the narrow road that now exists as harlur road??.. even with military discipline in single file its difficult to traverse to and fro that road currently.. even if it expands I shudder to think of the traffic and capacity of the road to handle it.. not to mention abt bottle neck it will create on \sarjapur road..another flyover in the making??..

    what abt water for all these units? I sincerely hope all these builders take the responsibility to form a pressure group to lobbby with the government to prove the required amenities rather that just build and wash hands off..

    govt. should also stop this policy of have land will approve projects.. more allocations need to made for parks,civic amenities, playgrounds etc to create some buffer zones for lung space and rainwater catchment..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Ashirwaad
    these are really scary numbers.. I dont get this whole fascination for harlur road.. as some experts here would say \'this road is set to explode\'..

    shobha,purva,ND(2 proj) and now prestige just to name a few.. all in excess of 500 units per project.. prestige with 25acres has potential for 2000 units alone..

    has anyone looked at the narrow road that now exists as harlur road??.. even with military discipline in single file its difficult to traverse to and fro that road currently.. even if it expands I shudder to think of the traffic and capacity of the road to handle it.. not to mention abt bottle neck it will create on \sarjapur road..another flyover in the making??..

    what abt water for all these units? I sincerely hope all these builders take the responsibility to form a pressure group to lobbby with the government to prove the required amenities rather that just build and wash hands off..

    govt. should also stop this policy of have land will approve projects.. more allocations need to made for parks,civic amenities, playgrounds etc to create some buffer zones for lung space and rainwater catchment..


    The above is nothing.

    Atleast 7 more big projects are getting ready for launch on Haralur Road :D
    CommentQuote
  • i recived emailf rom SNN builders with the project enar to purvankara skywood ..

    i would be interested in this , but the project will start only afterfr 1 year and willl take three years from then to complete .....guys suggest

    Dear Sir/Madam,

    SNN Builders Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru is pleased to announce the acquisition of 15 Acres of prime land in Sarjapur. Attached please find the term sheet of our “Prior to Prelaunch Offer” which gives you an insight on project details, what others are offers and also a comparison sheet of how much you would have made had you invested in our two other projects.

    Prestige has just announced their Prelaunch offer in the same area at Rs. 4,350/- - compare this with SNN Prior to pre-launch offer at Rs. 3,200/-….. Best chance to invest with us and double your investment in few years’ time…


    Project Features:
    · 15 Acres Land Acquired in SNN name, Property Already Registered
    · All Approvals under Process
    · International Architect Appointed, Plans Underway
    · Expect the project construction to commence in 12 months

    Proposed Sizes:
    · 2 BHK – 1150 to 1500 Sft, 3 BHK – 1400 to 1900 Sft,
    · 4 BHK – 2200 to 3500 Sft, Penthouse – 3000+ Sft.

    Specification & Amenities:
    · Luxurious (Similar to that of our SNN Raj Lakeview Phase II) with a Signature Clubhouse.

    SNN Offer:
    · Rs. 3,250/- per Sft., Less Rs. 50/- ontime payment.

    Booking Amount:
    · 2 BHK–Rs. 9 Lacs, 3 BHK–Rs. 12 Lacs, 4 BHK–Rs. 15 Lacs, Penthouse–Rs. 20 Lacs.
    · If for any reason, you decide to exit “No questions asked” refund in 7 working days.



    Ravikanth , i would appreciate if you can help me taking final decion in this regards please.
    CommentQuote
  • Potential of Harlur Road

    Prestige Fern Residency looks to be fair value(80L for 3BHK) compared to other Prestige projs (Tranquility which is much outer from City limits is around 70 for 3BHK and Sunnyside which is on ORR is around 90) compared to it location. As I see, this project is just 2KMs from Sarjapur Road and from the junction, ORR is only 2KMs.
    Pros:
    1. Close Proximity to all IT hubs
    2. Since Sarjaour road is well developed, this proj is just 2KMs from the outer city limits
    3. Since lake is nearby, water may not be a big issue

    Cons:
    1. So many projs have come/coming up in that same area
    2. Narrow Harulur Road connecting to Sarjapur Road
    3. 4250/sqft at higher side compared to others in the same area

    Anyone with the same opinion on favouring Prestige Fern?
    CommentQuote
  • any comment ?
    anybody...
    CommentQuote