Last updated: April 24 2012
7 | Posts
4599 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WILL MY AREA GET METRO TRAIN?

WILL YOUR AREA GET METRO TRAIN?

The below information is only as per the CDP 2015.

I am sure many of you are groping in the dark and wondering if your area will ever get Metro train or not.

For eg., will Electronic City ever get Metro train? Will Yeshwantpur get it? Will Hebbal get it? Will Banashankari 3rd Stage, 4th Stage, Uttarahalli get it? Will Rajajinagar get it?

I am sharing with you all the information that I have – about which area will get Metro and which area will not get. About which area will get Light Rail Transit (LRT) System or Mono Rail Transport System.

Some areas will get none of these and instead will get Bus Rapid Transit System wherein a 2 lane dedicated road exclusively reserved for Buses (with no other vehicles allowed on them) will take care of resident’s transportation needs.

For eg., Sarjapur Road will have BRT (Bus Rapid Transit)

For eg., Koramangala will not get Metro Train.

ORR below means Outer Ring Road

1 Mysore Road to Baiyyappanahalli - Metro

2 Peenya to RV Road - Metro

3 Baiyyappanahalli to Benniganahalli - Metro

4 RV Terminal to PRR - Metro

5 Yelahanka Road to junction of Hi-tech corridor and Hosur Road via Nagavara, Electronic City - Metro

6 Indiranagar to Whitefield Road - Metro

7 Devenahalli Airport to MG Road via Bellary Road (New Airport) - Metro

8 Hebbal to Bannerghatta Road along Western portion of ORR - Monorail / LRT

9 PRR to Toll Gate along Magadi Road - Monorail / LRT

10 Kattriguppe Road / Ring Road Junction to National College - Monorail / LRT Recommended

11 Hosur Road to PRRalong BannerghattaRoad - Monorail / LRT

12 Hebbal to Bannerghatta Road along Eastern portion of ORR - BRT

13 Benniganahalli (ORR) to PRR along Old Madras road - BRT

14 From ORR to Hosur Road along Hi-tech Corridor - BRT

15 Hosur Road to Tumkur Road along PRR - BRT

16 Tumkur Road to Hosur Road along eastern side of PRR - BRT

17 Along Core Ring Road - BRT

18 Vidyaranyapura to Nagavarapaya - BRT

19 Kengeri Satellite Town to JP Nagar along Uttarahalli Road, Kodipura - BRT

20 Banashankari 3rd Stage to Banashankari 4th Stage Extension along Ittamadu Road, Turahalli, Thalaghattapura - BRT

21 Domlur Extension to Koramangala along inner Ring Road - BRT

22 PRR to Maruti Nagar (up to Hi-tech Corridor) along Sarjapur Road - BRT

23 Peenya to PRR along Tumkur Road - BRT

24 Old Madras Road near Indranagar to ORR near Banaswadi along Baiyyappanahalli Road – Banaswadi Road – BRT

25 Commuter Rail Corridors – 10 corridors will get Commuter Rail System

Re : WILL MY AREA GET METRO TRAIN?

What is Hitech Corridor?

Hi Ravi,
    Please let us know which road is called the Hi-tech Corridor?

Comment

HI-TECH CORRIDOR BETWEEN SARJAPUR ROAD AND HOSUR ROAD

Originally posted by srinics2elec View Post
      Hi Ravi,
      Please let us know which road is called the Hi-tech Corridor?
      Here is the info about Hi-tech Corridor:

BDA in 2005 sought to acquire 997 acres of land - 220 petitioners from 12 villages challenged this

The Hi-Tech City project in Bangalore, conceived by the State Government to provide world class facilities to the information technology (IT) and IT-enabled services, has hit a hurdle with the Karnataka High Court on Wednesday quashing acquisition of 1,070 acres of land for the project saying the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) did not have powers to acquire land for industrial purpose.

The court allowed more than 220 petitions by residents of 12 villages who challenged the acquisition of their lands by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) in 2005
      for taking up the project.

It quashed acquisition of land for the expressway project adjoining Hi-Tech City.
      The petitioners, Brig. K.B. Wadhwan, Manjula Panchapakeshan, Sohra Zaheer, T.G. Narayana Menon, Anil Kumar, Kavitha Vijayaraghavan and 220 others had contended that the BDA had no power to acquire land for industrial purpose.

They had termed as illegal and unconstitutional the BDA notifications acquiring their lands. They had urged the court to quash the acquisitions. The then S.M. Krishna-led Government had proposed the Hi-Tech City at a cost of Rs. 490 crore and an expressway project to boost the IT sector.

The Hi-Tech City was slated to come up on land coming in Begur, Sarjapur and Varthur hoblis between Sarjapur Road and Hosur Road.

The Government had directed the BDA to implement the Hi-Tech City and Expressway projects.

The BDA issued notifications acquiring 35.37 acres of land at Bellandur, 114.27 acres at Kaikondanahalli, 22.16 acres at Doddakanneli, 86.37 acres at Janasandra, 237.30 acres at Kasavanahalli, 160.30 acres at Haralur, 24.29 acres at Parappana Agrahara, 37.17 acres at Naganathapura, 72.37 acres at Doddanagamangala, 17.15 acres at Doddathegur, 15.63 acres at Konappana Agrahara and 175.09 acres at Kudlu.

The BDA has sought to acquire 997.37 acres of land for the Hi-tech City and nearly 75 acres for the 8.5 km, six-lane expressway proposed between Electronics City and Bangalore Airport.

The Hi-tech City was planned to provide all infrastructure and connectivity facilities to the IT sector, including a bus depot, railway station, international school, five-star hotel, restaurant, exhibition complex and a full-fledged convention centre. The exclusive city was supposed to have its own water recycling plant.

The Legislative Assembly on July 18, 2006 approved the BDA (second amendment) Bill of 2005 to enable the authority to implement the project.

The BDA, on its part, said the preliminary notification for acquisition of lands was issued on August 1, 2003, and final notification on February 14, 2005.

It said the project was part of the “pilot IT corridor” between Sarjapur Road and Hosur Road.

Justice Huluvadi G. Ramesh, in his order, said the acquisition was nothing but an exercise of power by the State. He termed as illegal the BDA action and quashed the acquisition

Comment

Hi,
        What is the future of high tech corridor road ?
        Has it cancelled permanently?
        Or there is any chance for it?

Comment

What is the status of the hardware Sez at bagalur and the status of the hennur-bagalur express way to the airport?

Comment

Originally posted by RAVIKANTH View Post
            WILL YOUR AREA GET METRO TRAIN?

The below information is only as per the CDP 2015.

I am sure many of you are groping in the dark and wondering if your area will ever get Metro train or not.

For eg., will Electronic City ever get Metro train? Will Yeshwantpur get it? Will Hebbal get it? Will Banashankari 3rd Stage, 4th Stage, Uttarahalli get it? Will Rajajinagar get it?

I am sharing with you all the information that I have – about which area will get Metro and which area will not get. About which area will get Light Rail Transit (LRT) System or Mono Rail Transport System.

Some areas will get none of these and instead will get Bus Rapid Transit System wherein a 2 lane dedicated road exclusively reserved for Buses (with no other vehicles allowed on them) will take care of resident’s transportation needs.

For eg., Sarjapur Road will have BRT (Bus Rapid Transit)

For eg., Koramangala will not get Metro Train.

ORR below means Outer Ring Road

1 Mysore Road to Baiyyappanahalli - Metro

2 Peenya to RV Road - Metro

3 Baiyyappanahalli to Benniganahalli - Metro

4 RV Terminal to PRR - Metro

5 Yelahanka Road to junction of Hi-tech corridor and Hosur Road via Nagavara, Electronic City - Metro

6 Indiranagar to Whitefield Road - Metro

7 Devenahalli Airport to MG Road via Bellary Road (New Airport) - Metro

8 Hebbal to Bannerghatta Road along Western portion of ORR - Monorail / LRT

9 PRR to Toll Gate along Magadi Road - Monorail / LRT

10 Kattriguppe Road / Ring Road Junction to National College - Monorail / LRT Recommended

11 Hosur Road to PRRalong BannerghattaRoad - Monorail / LRT

12 Hebbal to Bannerghatta Road along Eastern portion of ORR - BRT

13 Benniganahalli (ORR) to PRR along Old Madras road - BRT

14 From ORR to Hosur Road along Hi-tech Corridor - BRT

15 Hosur Road to Tumkur Road along PRR - BRT

16 Tumkur Road to Hosur Road along eastern side of PRR - BRT

17 Along Core Ring Road - BRT

18 Vidyaranyapura to Nagavarapaya - BRT

19 Kengeri Satellite Town to JP Nagar along Uttarahalli Road, Kodipura - BRT

20 Banashankari 3rd Stage to Banashankari 4th Stage Extension along Ittamadu Road, Turahalli, Thalaghattapura - BRT

21 Domlur Extension to Koramangala along inner Ring Road - BRT

22 PRR to Maruti Nagar (up to Hi-tech Corridor) along Sarjapur Road - BRT

23 Peenya to PRR along Tumkur Road - BRT

24 Old Madras Road near Indranagar to ORR near Banaswadi along Baiyyappanahalli Road – Banaswadi Road – BRT

25 Commuter Rail Corridors – 10 corridors will get Commuter Rail System
            where is the stop for bullet train on hebbal devanahalli road ?

Comment

where in ecity will the metro come ? phASE 1 OR 2 ??
              Would it be on the hosur main rd near e city bus stop or wpuld it cover upto wipro office ??

Comment

Metro will never come up in the outskirts; it will run only in the city..since i have read many times in this forum that these areas will be unhabitable for 50-60 years. So relax till then!! Plan for some vacation, I have heard with 5-10 lakhs we can own some phukets from Egypt or somewhere

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X