No announcement yet.

Need help to take action against builder


Need help to take action against builder

Last updated: October 1 2007
1 | Posts
4946 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need help to take action against builder


    I purchased a house from person. he said he was the owner.
    he had all the documents. But I did not know he would be the builder.
    I came to know that he has been doing building construction work by purchasing site, putting poor quality material for construction, selling that house for higher price. I just need to know the vigilence and income tax department number to inform about him.

    I will contact consumer court to seek legal resolution.

    Moreover he is doing this business without proper registration.
  • #2


    Re : Need help to take action against builder

    This is really shocking and your decision to take action against this so-called home-owner cum builder is absolutely right. You must file a complaint at Consumer Court in India.

    And the best way to go for it is to collect all the printed documents (whether signed or unsigned) this builder has provided you with at the time of booking.

    Also, collect all the correspondence you had with the builder which points towards his being posing as the home owner. You may also take the photographs of the site.

    Get five or six copies of your petition which should be pen down on plain paper preferably legal size with 4.5” margin on the left side and typed in double space, addressed to the President, Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum.

    Next, submit four copies and photocopies of petition in the court to prove your charge against the builder. If this does not work out for you, seek the help of experienced lawyer or Builder Association of India.

    All The Best..


    Have any questions or thoughts about this?