Whatever u read here in this thread is as per today's plans of the Authorities as planned in 1995 to be executed by 2015 - execution plans and work which could perhaps actually stretch till 2025 due to inherent delays in the system like Budget allocation, red-tapism, bureaucracy, skull-duggery, politics etc. etc.

Quite a few Members on this Forum here have been wondering about the significance and meaning of different Zones like Blue Zone, Yellow Zone, Red Zone, Green Zone etc. etc.

Members like awinrao, manjeshda, indunatraj have specifically asked doubts about the blue zone, yellow zone somewhere in some thread.

Since it would be immensely useful to everyone if a separate thread to discuss the different colored Zones is created, I have started one separately.

Essentially, Yellow Zone has two different shades of Yellow in the Bangalore Map as per the future plan of the Government and different departments in Bangalore which are planning the future of the city (actually) till 2015.

ON THE MAP:

2 Shades of Yellow:
The darker shade of Yellow signifies Mixed Residential Use properties or lands while the lighter Yellow shade signifies Main Residential use lands which cannot be used for Mixed use. In Mixed use lands of Darker Yellow, essentials like groceries, doctor's clinic, a could be permitted. Shops of the basic necessity kind.

The above normally fetch a lower price in the resale market.

2 Shades of Blue:
The darker blue shade is for Central Commercial District or Central Commercial Areas. Eg. is roads which are full of shops, eateries, hotels, restaurants, malls, cinemas, like Jayanagar 4th Block, Bannerghatta Road or Koramangala Road etc.

The lighter blue shade is for Central Business District where it is essentially meant for Business like offices where people go to work.

In other words, to summarise, Yellow is for Residential and Blue is for Commercial, Business.

The third Color as below is the most interesting one actually.

2 Shades of Purple:
Industrial Color Code:
The color looks like Purple (can be confused to be Violet too on the Map).

While the common man - guys like you and me, plus also NRIs and HNIs who have even upto 5 crores - is fixated on sites, plots, gated communities, villas, apartments etc. - the big guns of the Industry - the moment a CDP 2015 or a CDP 2025 or a CDP 2035 is released by the Government - they run and buy 100s of acres of this Purple/Violet color coded land banks since this is where big money lies hidden, unknown to the common man but known only to big giants like Puravankara, Adarsh Builders, Sobha, Unitech, Prestige, Nitesh Estates etc. etc.

So, what is so special in this Color?

Just like how Yellow had 2 shades above and Blue too had 2 shades, this Purple too has 2 shades.

The Darker Purple is for Industrial use while the Lighter Purple is for Hi-Tech establishments (also called High Tech).

This High Tech color code is what has made Ordinary Contractors, simple Mastris into big Mantri, large Sobha, giant Puravankara where they have erected all those IT Parks like E = Mc square, Salarpuria Tech Park and other such IT, BT Tech Parks on large land banks of 8 acres, 12, 15, 20 acres etc. They could do so because they read and research papers of "Substance" and invest their time intelligently - not just their money and get to know something 20 years before I and you even think of discussing the color codes. Thus, they always have the Early Mover Advantage.

For eg., all the areas under Thirupalya, Maragondanahalli, Veerasandra, Konappana Agrahara, Dodda Thoguru, Gollahalli, Hebbagodi, Dodda Nagamangala, Chikka Nagamangala etc. etc. have been marked with the above mentioned Lighter Shade of Purple Color. Mind you, some may want to call it Violet or Mau color too. All these areas are in and around Electronic City and many Farmers and Agriculturists still own their lands in their own names. Builders and Developers have not yet poached them but they will come, sooner or later. Today, it may be selling at 3-4 crores per acre. All these above mentioned areas fall close to the 114 kms long Peripheral Ring Road - the road which passes through some of these above mentioned areas.

Those who are sitting on properties, lands or large land banks marked with the Purple color - both Dark and especially Light Purple, must sit tight on the property without selling it - if you are not in need of that money now, till the PRR becomes a reality.

The Japanese Government is having initial discussions with the Government here to fund and execute the Phase I of PRR of 65 kms length out of the 114 kms and work could start anytime within the next 4-5 years.

Properties along the PRR Corridor are the next goldmine of Bangalore Real Estate. So, all you have to do is find out if PRR will run through or near your property. All properties falling within a 2 km distance from the PRR all along the PRR corridor, will have a huge market value once PRR project starts since the Government has planned to allow huge multi storied apartments, large commercial complexes, large business establishments all along the Corridor to enable planned, organised spread of civilisation, habitation, population and growth of the city on all 4 sides, into the suburbs and rural areas of Bangalore.

In addition, a Red Zone is meant only for Public and semi-Public use like Temple, Medical College, Institutions, Hospitals etc. etc.

Also, as everyone knows, Green Zone has 4 shades - reserved for Forest, Valley, Lake, Tanks, Ponds, Parks, Gardens, Playgrounds, Cemetries, Burial Grounds, Graveyards etc.

While Yellow can be changed to Blue by the CDP Plans as the City grows and population increases, Red ones will be marked newly and Green usually remains Green, very rarely changes color to Yellow or Blue in order to protect Forest cover and maintain ecological balance, in order not to destruct Nature. To encourage fresh investments or FDIs or JVs, JDs, new habitation, new employment growth corridors, uninhabited areas can suddenly be marked Purple to make the city expand and make residents settle in new growth areas.

I hope the above is useful to some of you.

(None of the above was copied or pasted from any Source but is the result of my own effort and knowledge which I felt like sharing with you guys since I can see that everyone is groping in the dark)
Read more
31 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello Ravikanth,

It's really very very useful for all of us ..Thanks for ur wonderful post ...May I know proposed STRR from Attibele is how many lanes ???...I am seeing most of the luxurious villa and some of the apartments are in main road itself..Almost 70 percentage of property in that stretch is in main road only ...now what will happen to all the plots and villas ???
    Once again thanks for the detailed reply abt zones ...

Thanks

Indhunatraj
    CommentQuote
  • where i can see the map?
    CommentQuote
  • I think thisis the map you are looking for.
    http://www.bdabangalore.org/pdfs/brochure.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • I have the Maps with me

Originally Posted by smitarvn17
    I think thisis the map you are looking for.
    http://www.bdabangalore.org/pdfs/brochure.pdf

No, that is not the map. It is just a brochure with a small indicative map. I am talking about the Map which has clearly marked colors of the zones.

The whole city has been divided into 47 Planning Districts. Each has its own Map. This means there are 47 Maps. But since some maps are too big, they are further divided into A, B, C, D.

For eg., Bannerghatta Road area Map is divided into 4 maps numbered as

320.A
    320.B
    320.C
    320.D

So, in all there are more than about 80-85 maps and each is of huge size. But I have them all with me in PDF format.

But if u want to collect the Maps for the whole city, you will need to buy a few more PCs or Laptops to store them or huge data storage boxes.

So, ask me for the Map of the specific area, locality of your interest.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • kaustav6673 years ago
      Could you share the map around sarjapur road ....starting from doddakanelli to dommasandra and around 2-3 kms on each side of the main road.....
  • Hello Ravikanth,

It's really very very useful for all of us ..Thanks for ur wonderful post ...May I know proposed STRR from Attibele is how many lanes ???...I am seeing most of the luxurious villa and some of the apartments are in main road itself..Almost 70 percentage of property in that stretch is in main road only ...now what will happen to all the plots and villas ???

Thanks

Indhunatraj
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Indhu,

I had asked the same question to Mr.Ravikanth and here is what he PM'ed me :

Sarjapur-Attibele will have STRR 300 feet, 8 lane road by 2022, in 10 yrs from today. Before that, it will have direct link to international airport from Chandapura Circle and also with NICE road extension till Airport.
    Sarjapur road will have road widening to 80 feet road, with 4 lanes and divider, project approved in 2006 itself by Cabinet, work to start anytime. Only budget has been the biggest constraint.

Hope this helps you :)

Regards,
    Manjesh
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by indhunatraj
    Hello Ravikanth,

Thanks

Indhunatraj

All of us can see all over Bangalore several roads are called 80 feet road. These 80 feet roads usually have 4 lanes - 2 lanes on one side and 2 more on the other side, with a divider in the center.

If 80 feet roads can have 4 lanes, how many lanes can a 300 feet road have?

STRR actually, is supposed to be a 330 feet wide road. In general, people casually say it is 300 feet road.

If u glance at NICE road, u can see that a huge gap and median, divider kind of empty space is left in the center of the road.

That huge waste space is provided for in the middle, with a purpose. STRR too will have that kind of divider space in the center.

Currently, plans are to have 8 lanes on STRR - 4 lanes on each side with 2 more lanes as Service Roads to access interiors and residential areas on both sides of the road. So, u should call it a 10 lane road.

The huge center divider space is kept reserved for future road widening and or ---- for Mono Rail, if and when necessary, as the city develops, area gets densely populated etc. etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAVIKANTH
    No, that is not the map. It is just a brochure with a small indicative map. I am talking about the Map which has clearly marked colors of the zones.

The whole city has been divided into 47 Planning Districts. Each has its own Map. This means there are 47 Maps. But since some maps are too big, they are further divided into A, B, C, D.

For eg., Bannerghatta Road area Map is divided into 4 maps numbered as

320.A
    320.B
    320.C
    320.D

So, in all there are more than about 80-85 maps and each is of huge size. But I have them all with me in PDF format.

Those who want to collect it from me can request as usual by mailing to aa3b3c3@gmail.com

But if u want to collect the Maps for the whole city, you will need to buy a few more PCs or Laptops to store them or huge data storage boxes.

So, ask me for the Map of the specific area, locality of your interest.

Although I have clearly said in the above post that there are as many as 80-85 maps altogether, I have received 100s of emails from many here, who have just asked for the map, without specifying the area, locality.

The Maps are divided into 47 Maps as below. These 47, some of them, are further divided into another 35 or 40 maps, thus totalling 80-85-90 maps altogether. So, make a request by name, by choosing one or two below:

101 Petta
    301 Kengeri
    102 Majestic
    302 Herohalli
    103 Gandhi Nagar
    303 Makali
    104 Vasantnagar
    304 Byatarayanapura
    105 Shivaji Nagar
    305 Bavalakere
    106 Richmond Town
    306 Havalakere
    107 Chamarajpet
    307 Yelahanka
    308 Bettaalasuru
    201 Kempapura Agrahara
    309 Tanisandra
    202 Srirampuram
    310 Bagaluru
    203 Malleshwaram
    311 Haramavu
    204 Jayanagar
    312 Avalahalli
    205 Baiyyappanahalli
    313 K.R.Puram
    206 Indiranagar
    314 Sadara Mangala
    207 Unclassified
    208 Koramagala
    315 Whitefield
    316 Varthur
    209 Shanthi Nagar
    317 Dimmasandra
    210 Jayanagar
    318 Begur
    211 Banashankari
    319 Electronic City
    212 Vijay Nagar
    320 Banerghatta
    213 Rajaji Nagar
    321 Anjanapura
    214 Peenya
    322 Kumbalagodu
    215 Mathikere
    216 Kaval Byrasandra
    217 Kammanahalli
    218 C V Raman Nagar
    CommentQuote
  • http://idd.kar.nic.in/docs/Draft_Study_Report_Potential_around_BIA.pdf

Please go through this report .This shows purple zone near bagalur towards the airport but the map you sent does not. Could you please check and rever back.
    thankx
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by RAVIKANTH
    Although I have clearly said in the above post that there are as many as 80-85 maps altogether, I have received 100s of emails from many here, who have just asked for the map, without specifying the area, locality.

The Maps are divided into 47 Maps as below. These 47, some of them, are further divided into another 35 or 40 maps, thus totalling 80-85-90 maps altogether. So, make a request by name, by choosing one or two below:

101 Petta
    301 Kengeri
    102 Majestic
    302 Herohalli
    103 Gandhi Nagar
    303 Makali
    104 Vasantnagar
    304 Byatarayanapura
    105 Shivaji Nagar
    305 Bavalakere
    106 Richmond Town
    306 Havalakere
    107 Chamarajpet
    307 Yelahanka
    308 Bettaalasuru
    201 Kempapura Agrahara
    309 Tanisandra
    202 Srirampuram
    310 Bagaluru
    203 Malleshwaram
    311 Haramavu
    204 Jayanagar
    312 Avalahalli
    205 Baiyyappanahalli
    313 K.R.Puram
    206 Indiranagar
    314 Sadara Mangala
    207 Unclassified
    208 Koramagala
    315 Whitefield
    316 Varthur
    209 Shanthi Nagar
    317 Dimmasandra
    210 Jayanagar
    318 Begur
    211 Banashankari
    319 Electronic City
    212 Vijay Nagar
    320 Banerghatta
    213 Rajaji Nagar
    321 Anjanapura
    214 Peenya
    322 Kumbalagodu
    215 Mathikere
    216 Kaval Byrasandra
    217 Kammanahalli
    218 C V Raman Nagar

Hi request you to send me devanahalli cdp.... Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Ravikanth,

What do you think of areas like Immadihalli & Nagondanhalli which are part of whitefiled on east side of SH-35? Most builders are showing A-khata, are they under yellow belt?

Lot of new projects are coming up just few kms from PRR in these areas what are the prospects? Currently all of them are quoting around 3000/-including DSR.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ravikanth,

Thanks for the wonderful post. very helpful. Need your opinion on the below.

I am planning to purchase a green belt agriculture land near chandapur - towards dommasandra road. My question is whether there are any chances that green belt is converted to yellow belt in future?? Since land availability is an issue for bangalore development, govt may lift green belt. what is your take on this.. even many government surveyors confirmed this. would like to know your opinion though..

Regards

Originally Posted by RAVIKANTH
    Whatever u read here in this thread is as per today's plans of the Authorities as planned in 1995 to be executed by 2015 - execution plans and work which could perhaps actually stretch till 2025 due to inherent delays in the system like Budget allocation, red-tapism, bureaucracy, skull-duggery, politics etc. etc.

Quite a few Members on this Forum here have been wondering about the significance and meaning of different Zones like Blue Zone, Yellow Zone, Red Zone, Green Zone etc. etc.

Members like awinrao, manjeshda, indunatraj have specifically asked doubts about the blue zone, yellow zone somewhere in some thread.

Since it would be immensely useful to everyone if a separate thread to discuss the different colored Zones is created, I have started one separately.

Essentially, Yellow Zone has two different shades of Yellow in the Bangalore Map as per the future plan of the Government and different departments in Bangalore which are planning the future of the city (actually) till 2015.

ON THE MAP:

2 Shades of Yellow:
    The darker shade of Yellow signifies Mixed Residential Use properties or lands while the lighter Yellow shade signifies Main Residential use lands which cannot be used for Mixed use. In Mixed use lands of Darker Yellow, essentials like groceries, doctor's clinic, a could be permitted. Shops of the basic necessity kind.

The above normally fetch a lower price in the resale market.

2 Shades of Blue:
    The darker blue shade is for Central Commercial District or Central Commercial Areas. Eg. is roads which are full of shops, eateries, hotels, restaurants, malls, cinemas, like Jayanagar 4th Block, Bannerghatta Road or Koramangala Road etc.

The lighter blue shade is for Central Business District where it is essentially meant for Business like offices where people go to work.

In other words, to summarise, Yellow is for Residential and Blue is for Commercial, Business.

The third Color as below is the most interesting one actually.

2 Shades of Purple:
    Industrial Color Code:
    The color looks like Purple (can be confused to be Violet too on the Map).

While the common man - guys like you and me, plus also NRIs and HNIs who have even upto 5 crores - is fixated on sites, plots, gated communities, villas, apartments etc. - the big guns of the Industry - the moment a CDP 2015 or a CDP 2025 or a CDP 2035 is released by the Government - they run and buy 100s of acres of this Purple/Violet color coded land banks since this is where big money lies hidden, unknown to the common man but known only to big giants like Puravankara, Adarsh Builders, Sobha, Unitech, Prestige, Nitesh Estates etc. etc.

So, what is so special in this Color?

Just like how Yellow had 2 shades above and Blue too had 2 shades, this Purple too has 2 shades.

The Darker Purple is for Industrial use while the Lighter Purple is for Hi-Tech establishments (also called High Tech).

This High Tech color code is what has made Ordinary Contractors, simple Mastris into big Mantri, large Sobha, giant Puravankara where they have erected all those IT Parks like E = Mc square, Salarpuria Tech Park and other such IT, BT Tech Parks on large land banks of 8 acres, 12, 15, 20 acres etc. They could do so because they read and research papers of "Substance" and invest their time intelligently - not just their money and get to know something 20 years before I and you even think of discussing the color codes. Thus, they always have the Early Mover Advantage.

For eg., all the areas under Thirupalya, Maragondanahalli, Veerasandra, Konappana Agrahara, Dodda Thoguru, Gollahalli, Hebbagodi, Dodda Nagamangala, Chikka Nagamangala etc. etc. have been marked with the above mentioned Lighter Shade of Purple Color. Mind you, some may want to call it Violet or Mau color too. All these areas are in and around Electronic City and many Farmers and Agriculturists still own their lands in their own names. Builders and Developers have not yet poached them but they will come, sooner or later. Today, it may be selling at 3-4 crores per acre. All these above mentioned areas fall close to the 114 kms long Peripheral Ring Road - the road which passes through some of these above mentioned areas.

Those who are sitting on properties, lands or large land banks marked with the Purple color - both Dark and especially Light Purple, must sit tight on the property without selling it - if you are not in need of that money now, till the PRR becomes a reality.

The Japanese Government is having initial discussions with the Government here to fund and execute the Phase I of PRR of 65 kms length out of the 114 kms and work could start anytime within the next 4-5 years.

Properties along the PRR Corridor are the next goldmine of Bangalore Real Estate. So, all you have to do is find out if PRR will run through or near your property. All properties falling within a 2 km distance from the PRR all along the PRR corridor, will have a huge market value once PRR project starts since the Government has planned to allow huge multi storied apartments, large commercial complexes, large business establishments all along the Corridor to enable planned, organised spread of civilisation, habitation, population and growth of the city on all 4 sides, into the suburbs and rural areas of Bangalore.

In addition, a Red Zone is meant only for Public and semi-Public use like Temple, Medical College, Institutions, Hospitals etc. etc.

Also, as everyone knows, Green Zone has 4 shades - reserved for Forest, Valley, Lake, Tanks, Ponds, Parks, Gardens, Playgrounds, Cemetries, Burial Grounds, Graveyards etc.

While Yellow can be changed to Blue by the CDP Plans as the City grows and population increases, Red ones will be marked newly and Green usually remains Green, very rarely changes color to Yellow or Blue in order to protect Forest cover and maintain ecological balance, in order not to destruct Nature. To encourage fresh investments or FDIs or JVs, JDs, new habitation, new employment growth corridors, uninhabited areas can suddenly be marked Purple to make the city expand and make residents settle in new growth areas.

I hope the above is useful to some of you.

(None of the above was copied or pasted from any Source but is the result of my own effort and knowledge which I felt like sharing with you guys since I can see that everyone is groping in the dark)
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Rohit,

Green zone will be changed to Yellow as the city expands and agriculture activity goes down. However, you need to ensure that the Green Zone is not 'Green Belt' as in permanently-green zoning mostly around lakes, existing or old water flow areas and other such designated Green Belts.

In my verbatim above, Green zone land comprises of Agriculture lands only. One more important factor to consider is that in the state of Karnataka only Farmers (non-agri income not to exceed 2 Lakhs per yr) having a proven agri-lineage in terms of having an RTC (phani) from the year 1968 to date ONLY can buy agri lands.

Cheers,
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ravikanth,

Can you please send me the map for Dommasandra and Electronics City ?

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Hello Ravikanth,

Thankyou for sharing the information.
    Indeed very insightful.Just wanted to understand do the same zones apply to all states and cities across the country.Also any idea how I can find out what the green zone areas are in Gurgaon.I am currently based out of Gurgaon.

Regards
    CommentQuote