Which areas in Bangalore are suitable for buying mid budget houses for personal use ? Any upcoming areas ? Also, could you please elaborate on :
1) How well the locality is connected?
2) Nearby schools and hospitals
3) Markets and traffic jams
4) Builders rating (of ongoing projects in those areas)
Read more
Reply
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Swati,

    I suggest around Whitefield, ITPL, Electronic City, Dommasandra and Varthur are suitable for mid-budget houses/apartments

    One of the budget apartment in dommasandra is SAIVEN DEVELOPERS

    Dommasandra is very nice and peaceful location. Well connected to various tech parks like Whitefield, Bellandur, Eco Space, Marathalli and Chandrapur,ITPL, Wipro SEZ, RGA Tech Park and ORR.It is especially good for family with kids because there are various international schools around like Headstart, DPS, etc

    SAIVEN DEVELOPERS offers budget apartments, row houses, & villas in sarjapur road with world class amenities. They are offering 2bhk apartments for 18 to 20 lakh.

    One of the budget apartment in dommasandra is SAIVEN DEVELOPERS

    Dommasandra is very nice and peaceful location. Well connected to various tech parks like Whitefield, Bellandur, Eco Space, Marathalli and Chandrapur,ITPL, Wipro SEZ, RGA Tech Park and ORR.It is especially good for family with kids because there are various international schools around like Headstart, DPS, etc

    SAIVEN DEVELOPERS offers budget apartments, row houses, & villas in sarjapur road with world class amenities. They are offering 2bhk apartments for 18 to 20 lakh.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Swati Das3 years ago
      Thanks Bhumi7. Where is Dommasandra located ?
  • What is mid budget mean? You should have at least given some price range. Varthur, Kadugodi, Belathur, Anekal, Dommasandra, Yelahanka, Chanasandra, Sarjapur Road, Near Kadugodi/Hope Farm could be considered. At mid/low budget you wouldn't get a well connected areas and excellent builders. You need to compromise - Price vs Value. Traffic problem is common in any part of Bangalore. Every area would have small hospitals in a city. Bigger hospitals are opened only where there is upper class segments. Try around Varthur (Columbia Asia hospital and many schools) BUT you will get slum type living areas, pathetic roads, muddy waters during rainy reason.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Swati Das3 years ago
      Thanks for the reply... By mid budget I meant within 50-55 lacs..
  • Mid budget today is anywhere between 70 L(apartment) - 1 crore(independent house).

    Either independent home, or a good flat. A residential unit will come up to that much.

    In the next 5 years. The next baseline revision in expectations will arrive.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • inboxsurvey3 years ago
      I expected mid-budget means 30-40 Lakh maximum and high budget is 60 lakh+. Looks, I can never (be eligible to) buy a house in Bangalore then!
  • @inboxsurvey

    Any pointers to a 40 Lac independent home in Bangalore is welcome. Assuming that is something livable, and buyable.

    You might get a 40 Lac flat in those Joint venture properties built on large plots in any area. But I wouldn't recommend, unless you are a bachelor or need a temporary accommodation. Which in case please feel to rent than spending that kind of money on such a flat.
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, even I would agree that this mid budget has climbed up on its pH scale towards 65-75L (for apartments ~1200 sft). The NRIs has screwed the desi guys who wish to live here. And I vent out my emotions by calling it "Ridiculously Insane".
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • inboxsurvey3 years ago
      Then it's actually good (right?!). I saw a home being constructed 3 days ago and I asked the builder how much it is being costed. The answer is Rs. 22 lakh. It's on a 1200 sq ft ground floor. I asked how much is very good budget and the answer is 28 lakh!
  • Originally Posted by inboxsurvey
    Then it's actually good (right?!). I saw a home being constructed 3 days ago and I asked the builder how much it is being costed. The answer is Rs. 22 lakh. It's on a 1200 sq ft ground floor. I asked how much is very good budget and the answer is 28 lakh!


    Didn't got your point. Do you mean to say that construction cost has moved up to ~2K psft and if land cost come close to ~2K psft then builder selling at ~5500 psft is justified as per current trend ?
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • inboxsurvey3 years ago
      In other words, the same developer told me that in most so called medium budgeted apartments, it hardly takes less than 20 lakh to construct a flat in an apartment. Now with people buying at 75 lakh and feeling it medium budget is a good sign of high priced bubbles. As the rate increases dividend yield decreases and there by a negative becoming positive over long term with increased risk of owning at higher prices
  • True, but if you want to buy an apartment with good re-sale value in future, then we need to look at the ones built by good builders. Also, the location matters. I have heard of people struggling to sell off their house and not getting good returns in turn. Also, generally people tell that the small builders compromise with quality. But I think it's a matter of luck.. I have seen water seepage happening in one of my friend's house who has bought a flat at Ajmera.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by inboxsurvey
    In other words, the same developer told me that in most so called medium budgeted apartments, it hardly takes less than 20 lakh to construct a flat in an apartment. Now with people buying at 75 lakh and feeling it medium budget is a good sign of high priced bubbles. As the rate increases dividend yield decreases and there by a negative becoming positive over long term with increased risk of owning at higher prices


    Ok got your point. Well, that fact is known to almost everyone that construction cost is way below the sale price. But, if not even a single builder in market is ready to sell at a marginal profit above construction cost then what can buyer do at the end of the day.

    We know that cellar or basement or ground floor is where the major chunk of money goes into construction. After that all the above floors are pillar + slab and nothing else. Then keep on partitioning the slab with brick walls and call it floor plan.

    What I was saying is irrespective of construction cost. The medium range sale price has slided up from ~30-40L to ~60-70L that was my only point. We know construction cost has not increased in that ratio or proportion to the sale price.

    My only option left is to gather some like minded folks, pool a land and construct on our own. Drafting this policy and philosophy in coming days after my summer vacation.
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the plots cost around 60 lakh. If we try to construct it will cost us 2000 psft as we will charged more for everything. Actual cost should have been 1500 but in reality we end up paying more and struggling at every stage trying to get material. Builders get everything at lower price as they are bulk consumers. My relative gave full contract for building a house. G+ 2 structure and built up area was 2100 sqft, all good material. Cost of construction came to 80 lakh including bribes for approvals and connections. Plot cost him 60 lakh. Some of my acquaintances constructed 4 houses after buying a single plot of size 60x40. Total cost came to nearly 2 crore. Now there is no bonhomie among them as women folk could not adjust.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rambler
    Most of the plots cost around 60 lakh. If we try to construct it will cost us 2000 psft as we will charged more for everything. Actual cost should have been 1500 but in reality we end up paying more and struggling at every stage trying to get material. Builders get everything at lower price as they are bulk consumers. My relative gave full contract for building a house. G+ 2 structure and built up area was 2100 sqft, all good material. Cost of construction came to 80 lakh including bribes for approvals and connections. Plot cost him 60 lakh. Some of my acquaintances constructed 4 houses after buying a single plot of size 60x40. Total cost came to nearly 2 crore. Now there is no bonhomie among them as women folk could not adjust.


    Thanks for the heads up and sharing info. Yes, many things need to be brainstormed before taking any step further. Still gathering data and optimistic at the moment
    CommentQuote
  • Any new projects in Whitefield which are the affordable range (~50 Lakhs) ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MrBrown
    Any new projects in Whitefield which are the affordable range (~50 Lakhs) ?


    In this budget, you can find many projects around Borewell-ECC road peripherals, Hoodi jn & Hope farm jn belt (from B/C category builders). Try some RE portals to search for it. Some projects may not be there in the portals and you need to hit the road and do recce.
    CommentQuote
  • Will check Borewell & Hoodi...
    CommentQuote