Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do What Now? Laid off after 15 years IT Job.

Collapse
X
Collapse

Do What Now? Laid off after 15 years IT Job.

Last updated: 1 week ago
73 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Do What Now? Laid off after 15 years IT Job.

Looking at this portal by now you should have opened a real estate company, if you were not able to catch the trend, then you are better suited for another 15L job...go and hunt it!

Comment

Originally posted by montysaini View Post

How dare any "Ad(h)arswadi" talk like this ! On one hand Govt. is holding feet of IBM, GM, Cognizant etc... to not layoff and to not siphon jobs to US. The NASSCOM is teaching lesson to US on how to devise their country's economic policy. You have been given GST & RERA to live luxury life in 500SFT apartment. All the basic edible food items and Masala Bonds are listed & traded in Stock Exchange. Farmers loans are waived off. Minimum fees of day care schools is in Lakhs. Do you see how much they are toiling hard day and night to create jobs for you and give you luxury life ! The GDP is now going to grow in triple and quadruple digits.

Genetically Supreme Swach Adharwadi Aryan Race is on our plan. How dare you guys raise only 1 Kid. Miminum 1 dozen are needed. Otherwise who will wear baba's Jeans and eat chavanprash. This time whoever talk like this will not be send to Pak but directly to Mars. Because we are brining Elon Musk and his SpaceX will be used to send Anti Adharwadis to Mars.

Supreme court has been told - "You don't have a right over your body". Damn anybody think otherwise. If you think otherwise you will be tied in front of Tejas train engine and will not be give headphone because someone else already took it in his last trip.

why dont u talk abt the topic that is being discussed instead of bringing an political angle to every aspect of the discussion , speak what is relevant, get an life dude , if u want discuss on govt rules open an new thread!
      Last edited by ravish6466; June 19 2017, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Suggestor View Post
        Looking at this portal by now you should have opened a real estate company, if you were not able to catch the trend, then you are better suited for another 15L job...go and hunt it!
        real estate company doing what ? building ? broking ? advising ? or somthing esle ?

Comment

Nah.... just minting money ...take from one pocket and put n another ... lot of bakras who do not do due diligence

Comment

Originally posted by Suggestor View Post
            Nah.... just minting money ...take from one pocket and put n another ... lot of bakras who do not do due diligence
            There is a lot of opportunity that opened up in Bovine Security and Protection technology since 3 years..

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
              I got a pink slip four months ago with one month pay from a fortune 500 IT company
              I am in my 40s worked more than 15 years with IT companies, although being a good worker never got a chance to move above the level of Asst manager - may be I am too techie.
              I have been told that IT industry is here to stay and the pay package of 15 lakhs pa will only increase - I started with a salary of around 3 lakhs pa so it did work out till date.
              I have two kids one awaiting 12th result another awaiting 10th result
              I have a car loan which takes 16000 per month
              I have a home loan but no home and I am paying around 20000 per month for last 8 years and paying rent of approx 10000 as well
              Thinking that the job is secured I have saved only what was absolutely necessary for tax benefits (that is what financial gurus told me)
              My wife has quit job long back to take care of the kids
              I am living away from my home town in a city where I barely understand the local language
              Over all these years I have lost all my real world friends yes I have friendly terms with my co workers and neighbours and my fb friendlist is 2000 plus
              I never got time to visit my relatives because of time constraints as most of the holidays were spent in those hard to forget exotic locations
              I am a social drinker but even bi monthly parties at my home costed my almost 30% of my that month;s earnings - afterall social status has to be maintained
              I do not know anything other than computer languages coding
              I have been following the society trends about fashion etc and only used top brand's stuff
              I had 4 months of emergency funds which has depleted now and bank account is almost nil
              I am trying for another job for last three months but not getting any interview calls - I called up one consultant to find out the reasons - she said - you are over experienced - over educated - over priced - and OVER AGED
              The word over aged got me almost a heart attack - I have such long experience in IT industry - "The companies are looking for younger people with less salary expectation" the consultant and hungup

Do what now ?
              I was thinking of getting my kid admitted to an engeering college where the expense would 5 lakhs per year plus other expenses
              I was thinking of getting another property after the coming appraisal cycle and bonus by which I would have cleared my car loan

The car and home emi is due in a week and so is the rent - thankfully I do not have any credit card bill to pay this month

What are my options ?

The expense of one lakh almost has to be me every month to maintain the lifestyle and society status
              Shall I take a personal loan on credit cards and start some business or keep trying for another job while living on the credit card

I was thinking about the business but what business ? I have no other skills than computer coding I am very good at it - I remember all the correct syntex and I was one the most productive guys on the floor - but where can I find contracts for computer coding ?

Shall I open a grocery shop ? or a clothing shop ? but do people really buy from these shops now ? I have been ordering my grocery from big basket and clothing from myntra, amazon for last so many years

May be I should go for an online store - but from where I am going to get my funding ? and how would I survive till then ?

Maybe I should sell my fancy gadgets like play station. full frame dslr, bose music system and some jewellery which is just lying in the bank's locker

Maybe I should encash my pf
              Maybe I should sell my house anyways I am not living in that and there is no gurantee of possession - group of buyers have gone to supreme court now and I hear there are no buyers for that property now as the company is bankrupt

I think I should go back to my home town and sleep for a while - but what about home and car emi - kid's admission in engineering college and other kid;s addmission in class 11 - what about our yearly summer holidays -

Any thoughts ?
              utilize 15 year experience for your own startup and employing other peoples

Comment

Don't worry. Just think about solution! Stay cool and stable. You can use some of your existing resources for the financial fulfillment. Both you and your wife can try for jobs! While you are searching for jobs, try for some online jobs without investment, start a blog on coding, coding tips, new methodologies tools etc. You can check for online jobs which needs no investment but takes time to make money!

Stay cool, stable and you will get some solution. Don't go to please anyone. Take up even smaller jobs temporarily. Learn new technologies like cloud, automation, data scientist, IT security, IOT, devops, AI, BI, big data etc. Be top in the latest technology!

https://bloggerspassion.com/bloggers...-make-and-how/

Take up a topic you are passionate about and start blogging! All the best! Accept the situation and focus on solution! Making money to fulfill basic necessities of a educated man is not impossible but don't think what others will think if I do this job etc. All the best. Passion, determination, commitment and hope will get us job!

Have trust in you!
                Last edited by Malvish; 1 week ago.

Comment

Read your post and here is what I would do:
                  1. As per your expenses and social status you have live a great life till few months back. I would instantly cut off my expenses which are not required
                  2. I would sell that car which costs me to pay every month.
                  3. Home is stuck in case. No one would buy and you cannot sell. The best is to approach a lawyer, possibly under rera, and try to get whatever possible.
                  4. Cut all the credit cards
                  5. Use whatever savings you have. Those bose speakers, play stations and jwellery are your saving you have got. Sell them to fullfill your basic requirements
                  6. Get a job even it pays very less
                  I would better be debt free than full of exclusive items
                  All the best

Comment

Originally posted by yesbee View Post
                    Read your post and here is what I would do: 1. As per your expenses and social status you have live a great life till few months back. I would instantly cut off my expenses which are not required 2. I would sell that car which costs me to pay every month. 3. Home is stuck in case. No one would buy and you cannot sell. The best is to approach a lawyer, possibly under rera, and try to get whatever possible. 4. Cut all the credit cards 5. Use whatever savings you have. Those bose speakers, play stations and jwellery are your saving you have got. Sell them to fullfill your basic requirements 6. Get a job even it pays very less I would better be debt free than full of exclusive items All the best
                    Thanks for your advice. That guy has left India and gone overseas. His family has changed home to much smaller one. Seems like things are working now.
                    Last edited by Malvish; 1 week ago.

Comment

Tags: Tax
                    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X