Sort by :
Filter by :
- Installment Due: Your builder has quoted 18% GST while it should be 12% only.
Club House Fee: I assume this is club membership fee. At membership fee of Rs, 40,000/- then even if it is per year charge (I know they say it is for lifetime membership) then it costs just Rs. 110/- (40,000/365 = 110). If the rent is less than Rs. 1000/- per day then GST is exempted under clause 74 and I'm giving it below "as is":
74. Services by a hotel, inn, guest house, club or campsite, by whatever name called, for residential or lodging purposes, having declared tariff of a unit of accommodation less than one thousand rupees per day or equivalent
Service charges for property tax related obviously fall under financial related transactions so 18% GST is correct.
Electric work & maintenance: The builder (but not your "Association" as I understand) is charging these as part of contract. I downloaded the GST booklet and noticed this should be exempted from GST. The clauses are provided below "as is" which are under "exempted" category:
66. Services provided by way of pure labour contracts of construction, erection, commissioning, installation, completion, fitting out, repair, maintenance, renovation, or alteration of a civil structure or any other original works pertaining to the Beneficiary-led individual house construction / enhancement under the Housing for All (Urban) Mission/Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY);
67. Services by way of pure labour contracts of construction, erection, commissioning, or installation of original works pertaining to a single residential unit otherwise than as a part of a residential complex
I hope the above should give a head start for your discussion with the builder. Take a print out of GST booklet and show clauses pointed above to him.CommentQuote1Flag
- Can anyone help me on this query?
I am in search of an apartment to buy. I visited couple of projects last this June and continuing on July as well. As we all know GST came into picture now from July 1st. Initially one builder shared me the cost sheet with VAT/ST. Later after negotiation another cost sheet I received before few days (in July after GST) containing the same VAT/ST. Now the builder is telling me that cost sheet is not as per GST. The cost will go up for sure. But we can’t say how much. You can go ahead with booking. (by making payment). Later you will be knowing.
Based on the approx GST % they shared my cost might increase approx 1.4 lakh more. Now I am thinking whether to book or not.
Again thinking to wait for 2-3 months to get all the cost sheet revised based on GST and then to search and finalize the property along with the price.
- Thank you very much for your response. Will wait till the builders come up with revised price as per GST.CommentQuote0Flag
- try_samar, I believe that you need not pay any GST. The demand for installment was raised by your builder before june 2017 (installment was due before June 2017).CommentQuote0Flag
- Your statement is false. This is like saying you took insurance policy 5 years ago so you pay 14% tax as earlier and not 18% current tax. It deosn't matter when the due is, it matters when the amount is being paid. If you are paying today, the rules applicable today would be valid irrespective of due is before or after GST.CommentQuote0Flag