Hello All,

I want to invest in a resale property at Prestige Tranquility(PT), Budigere Cross, Bangalore but the project only has a Building Completion Certificate issued by Mandur Gram Panchayat(GP), dated Sep '15. Prestige doesn't yet have an Occupancy Certificate(OC) for this project which was completed in 2015 end and handovers were started back then. Apparently, Prestige wrote to Hoskote Planning Authority(HPA) in Feb '16 asking them for OC and HPA replied back saying contact your local body for the same. Post which Prestige has not done any follow up and claims that their CC is good enough and OC is not required for projects under GP.

However, nearby projects in Budigere - Brigade Golden Triangle & Pruska Silvana(just next to PT) have got OCs issued from same Mandur Gram Panchayat dated Apr '16 & Mar '16 respectively which clearly talk about these projects being "fit for occupancy". Prestige's CC only talks about building construction to be satisfactory and no details about fitness for occupancy. Surprisingly, all the three certificates - Prestige's CC & OCs of BGT & Pruska are signed by same Panchayat Development Officer(PDO) at Mandur GP so clearly it isn't about gap at GP's end.

Queries:
-Why is there no OC procured yet for this project? 500+ flats are occupied by residents and many more already registered, still no OC...!!!
-Why didn't Prestige contact Mandur GP for OC like how other builders(Brigade & Pruska) have approached and got a proper OC? Been more than 1.5 years already since their last communication to HPA for the same.
-What are the residents at PT doing about this issue?

Thanks.
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any response here will be appreciated. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • I am not a Prestige rep. but can say this.
    The work is not yet complete. They have given possession phase wise for some towers. The tower I reside in - 75% flats have been handed over and work is still going on.
    As far as residents views go, I cannot share publicly that :-)
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • guptvn2 years ago
      If the project is not yet complete , Prestige should have registered this project with RERA, then it puts end to all such concerns on OC. But it has not been done as Completion certificate has been taken from GP. But then OC will be required.
  • Thanks Mikhail for your kind revert. If I understand you clearly, are you saying that OC is not yet procured as possession is not yet complete for PT?

PT CRM team has not stated this as the reason though, they have communicated that their procured CC is good enough and they do not find the need to get a separate OC.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by specia
    Thanks Mikhail for your kind revert. If I understand you clearly, are you saying that OC is not yet procured as possession is not yet complete for PT?

PT CRM team has not stated this as the reason though, they have communicated that their procured CC is good enough and they do not find the need to get a separate OC.

As far as I know, OC can be procured only after completion of the project (or phase wise depending on the initial plan) and that is not done so far. I may be wrong though. The point of my post was only to clear the notion that PT was completed in 2015. More like Sep/Oct 2017 for completion of the flat handovers of all towers.

CC being good enough: I have heard the same from folks who have asked the PT CRM team. There is some conversation taking place around this.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mikhail

As far as I know, OC can be procured only after completion of the project (or phase wise depending on the initial plan) and that is not done so far. I may be wrong though. The point of my post was only to clear the notion that PT was completed in 2015. More like Sep/Oct 2017 for completion of the flat handovers of all towers.

CC being good enough: I have heard the same from folks who have asked the PT CRM team. There is some conversation taking place around this.

Okay. PT CRM though has not talked about dependency of their OC on completion of project. They have maintained that CC is good enough which is a self-assumption not certified by any civic body or authority. PT doesn't have any letter stating that CC is good enough. In fact HPA has asked PT to contact local body(GP) for getting an OC but PT has not done any follow up for reasons known only to them. Or another dimension to this could be, they contacted GP for OC, GP raised objections on certain fronts before giving OC, but PT has not adhered to them and is waiting for RWA to get formed asap so that liability of getting an OC is passed on to residents. And then residents will have to chase GP officials for getting OC fearing eviction notice.

Even if we believe there is some dependency on phase wise completion, nearby BGT has obtained an OC for their 672 units(Phase 1) even though their Phase 2 construction is ongoing. So PT could have done the same if there is any hurdle around completion of project(like you mentioned, only possible if multiple phases were listed in initial plan). But PT not once has talked about this. So I don't think they intend to get it!

If anyone else has any input on this, please share.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • guptvn2 years ago
      Yes, it is surprising why Prestige has not taken OC yet, are there any deviations? In Bangalore only BDA/BBMP/BMRDA are the only competent authorities to issue OC to a project.Has PT taken Commencement Certificate, Fire NOC/ approval, PCB approval etc, which are pre-requisite to getting OC ? Although all the things are properly deployed at site and there doesn't seem to be any problem in getting the OC, then why PT is avoiding it? If they obtain OC, it can stop all such doubts in flat buyers.
  • In their website they mentioned the OC is receiver for PT

https://www.prestigeconstructions.com/residential/bangalore/tranquility/overview
    Photos:
    CommentQuote