Collapse

Invest in land V/s Apartment

Last updated: July 7 2012
25 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re : Invest in land V/s Apartment

Dont spend the money unnecessarily. Either way will be good for you. You will be married one day and your responsibilities will increase too. Buying something later will cost you more 10 lakhs after 2-3 years.

An example,
    Scene 1- suppose i pay 15K rent and save 15K in savings bank. After 20 years i would have spent 15*12*20 = 36 Lakhs after 20 years and saved around 65 lakhs in bank with interest, but if we save the amount with much dedication.

Scene2- Now if i buy a house of 36 lakhs taking a loan of 30 lakhs i would take for 20 years. So total money i will spend for 20 years will be 30*12*20= 72 lakhs. No savings at all. But i have a house. And i didnt pay any rent at all for past 20 years.

Could i buy the same house in same locality after 20 years if i go with Scene1??

Scene 3- If you buy a plot spending 10 lakhs. If you keep FD for 6 years your money will be doubled to 20 lakhs. Price for plots will appreciate and you will get either double or triple or more after 6 years but you will not get less than FD in bank. So better to invest in plot.

Scene4- If you buy 2 plots each costs 10 lakhs. You take 10 lakhs as loan for a tenure of 10 years. After 10 years you would have paid 16.36 lakhs and cleared the loan. Now you sell one plot. Say price you sell would have tripled or more must be 4 times. Say You sell at 40 lakhs. With this money you can build your free house on the other plot.

Like this many combinations will be possible.

But its you who will take decision. Plan and take your decision wisely. That much all i can say. Good luck!!

Originally posted by amitmits84 View Post
    I have around 10 Lakh cash. I'm confused should i invest in some land - 1200-1500 sq ft in the out skirts of bangalore- hosur side.. or should i take a loan of 30-35 lakhs and buy a house within city?
    I don't require a house of my own urgently as of now since i'm a bachelor.
    Experts please advise me!! Thanks
    Last edited March 20 2012, 01:20 PM.

Comment

HI Rana,

Thank you for sharing the details.

Comment

Hi AkSingh,

You example on Scene4- is real one and very nice. In fact I have done the same but I just bought only the plots, yet to construct some thing on that plots. I have purchased in my native and coimbatore. It is less than three years, the value is increased lot. If I sell both I could buy a villa in bangalore.

Comment

as per INTERNET forums,, housingsociety is fraud

Hi Friends

I donot want to discourage you
          but just sharing my personal experience.
          Few months back i saw AD in sulekha and contacted them for plot booking.
          mean while I started to research about this society.
          So many things are not straight forward
          1) if it is is BSNL housing telecom society.. How come they are allowing outsiders to book the plots
          2) how come they are giving at lesser price compare to others in same area
          3) Did they really have all approvals?

At the end I did not find answers for above questions.. So I quit booking plot here and booked else where by paying 400 rupees premium but which has BMRDA approval and ready for registration stage.

Originally posted by rana81 View Post
          I have booked a plot with BSNL housing ..telecom areo park resedency in Chapparkal Main Road near to airport road... they are yet to take all the installments... but looks like a good investment in couple of year i can expect good return and then my investment is less in less than 10L, however Sarajpur road is also quite promising...

Comment

Thank you for the info..

Originally posted by injrav View Post
            Hi Friends

I donot want to discourage you
            but just sharing my personal experience.
            Few months back i saw AD in sulekha and contacted them for plot booking.
            mean while I started to research about this society.
            So many things are not straight forward
            1) if it is is BSNL housing telecom society.. How come they are allowing outsiders to book the plots
            2) how come they are giving at lesser price compare to others in same area
            3) Did they really have all approvals?

At the end I did not find answers for above questions.. So I quit booking plot here and booked else where by paying 400 rupees premium but which has BMRDA approval and ready for registration stage.

Comment

Originally posted by amitmits84 View Post
              I have around 10 Lakh cash. I'm confused should i invest in some land - 1200-1500 sq ft in the out skirts of bangalore- hosur side.. or should i take a loan of 30-35 lakhs and buy a house within city?
              I don't require a house of my own urgently as of now since i'm a bachelor.
              Experts please advise me!! Thanks
              I would say invest on land which is bound to give you more returns. I think you could use my advise as I had made one such wise decision some time back and am reaping the benifits now . Call me on 9845703485 if you need any help. My name is Srinath.

Comment

If its just investment where you want to cash out after a few years, definitely land will reap good benefits.
                But if you plan to stay there, go for an apartment with good amenities. It will be definitely good while staying with family.
                In case you opt for land, just go for BDA plots in resale. They are safe. Even BDA approved may not be that safe and will have lot of hassles involved in it.

Comment

Selling an Apartment

Friends, Good discussion points. I have a question. How easy it is to sell an apartment after say 5 years of usage? Won't the price will be stagnant after 2 or 3 years? Will it have any seekers because after 5Yrs it becomes old property?

Comment

^^ There will be takers for used apartments. Only thing is we may not get same price as that in current market for a new one. Think as you are buying one apartment for 3K/SQFT now. after 5 years the current market price for a new apartment in the same area as 6K/SQQFT. if you sell the apartment bit less than 6K, still you will be in gain.
                    This had been discussed in some other thread.

Comment

I think house is better!

you have 10L and enough for buying a house which costs at 40L.
                      You get rent 15K and you pay the loan of 30k so your totally shell out 15K

after 5 years:

your house costs 80 L

you land costs 20 L

so you got return of 40 L - Loan payment ( 12*5*15) (900000)=30L
                      land 20 -10 = 10 L - 10% Interest forgone (2.5 L) 7.5 L

decide if these assumptions are true !

Regards,
                      9e ( 9estates.in)

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X