Collapse

Self acquired property does financial source matters when acquired the property

Last updated: August 3 2019
0 | Posts
117 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self acquired property does financial source matters when acquired the property

My dad bought a plot in 1994 on our behalf, financed by me. In 1996 I built a house and has my parents along with my sister moved in to property. In 2006 my dad xfrd the title of the plot to my wife via gift deed. My good friend and my sister are the witness to that transaction at registrar office. By this time, myself and my sister had separate ways in relationship. Now she is claiming my dad bought house from earnings of the ancestral property, so she claims that she is entitled to the part of the house. The property is in Bangalore. Accidentally I don't have any financial transaction records of the money I sent. I have Katha on our name, paying taxes regularly.

My question Can my sister claim the right on the plot even though my dad self-acquired?

Can court agree with her that money came from the earnings of the ancestral property to buy this plot? so, she has the right?

I didn’t see any specific wordings in Hindu succession Act about this topic. Pl clarify this.

thanks

Gowda
Tags: None
Have any questions or thoughts about this?
Working...
X