Tenant denying brokerage : Legal measures to be taken

Last updated: September 2 2020
1 | Posts
139 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant denying brokerage : Legal measures to be taken

I myself working as a real estate consultant, I got a commercial office for an education firm at that time they have signed any contract for brokerage. The person who finalizes told he will get the brokerage for head office and he will speak to the management regarding this he assured me.

After occupying the premises in the month of December 2019 he told once the agreement is signed from both the parties, he told he will speak to the management and told and update after that agreement is prepared by me in the month of March 2020 I raised the invoice bill for brokerage and gave to him.

All of a sudden because of covid office got closed till June 2020 and he keep on assured me he will get it done. and in the month of August he is completely denying the brokerage. owner paid the brokerage but tenant staff is denying now.

He is telling there is not contract has been signed to give the commission and my head office will not give commission.

He is telling:

1) I don't have agreement
    2) I don't have any office licence.
    3) I have his recordings of conversation
    4) Owner will tell on behalf of me if I go legal.

Is there any way I can claim my brokerage commission by producing call recording in court.
    Last edited September 2 2020, 10:04 AM.

Re : Tenant denying brokerage : Legal measures to be taken

A situation like your is very tricky and mostly goes in favour of the other party as you don't have a written commitment. Besides, what does your point number 4 mean - the owner will support him or you? And what does the conversation include?
    Talk TRUE; Talk IREF

Comment

Tags: None
    Have any questions or thoughts about this?
    Working...
    X