Hi,

I came across JR Urbania, a layout on Chandapur - Anekal road. Approx 3km from Hosur road. The price quote is 1450/sq.ft and the layout is surrounded by karnataka housing board surya city.

Is it worth investing in this area for the given price range? What are the development prospects here?
Read more
194 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I feel the JR projects are overpriced compared to the rest of the projects in the vincinity (prashanti, etc), since I dont see any houses being built even after the layouts are formed long back (5+ years i guess)

also considering the JR greenwood project which is on the chandapur anekal road is priced at 1100, not sure why urbania is priced at 1450. Also KHB is still not completely developed and would take another 8-10 years for the area to become livable.

research/visit some other layouts in the vincinity before you take a decision.
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you for the info Vikram.
    CommentQuote
  • Oh wow... really?
    Start with 1000 with them and you might get a 1150 deal. I think that's the most you can pay for JR properties..
    CommentQuote
  • Priced High

I just visited this place a couple of days back. It is definitely priced high. It will be many years before this area becomes developed and houses start coming up.
    CommentQuote
  • This is a non gated community and a little over priced.
    CommentQuote
  • Overpriced

generously overpriced!

they are some 3.5-4.5 kms from CA road and the charge per sq.ft they are quoting is 1450 which is really exorbitant. Definitely not worth that price.

I believe they are just trying to read the pulse quoting such high rates
    CommentQuote
  • For group buying

Guys,

If anyone is interested in group buying here? We can try to bargain for 1100 psf.

If 5 people approach together maybe we can get that rate. Anyone interested in trying that out?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by SS1983
    Guys,

If anyone is interested in group buying here? We can try to bargain for 1100 psf.

If 5 people approach together maybe we can get that rate. Anyone interested in trying that out?

850-900 - i am game in cash settlement - let me know
    for that price i would prefer blore north anyday
    CommentQuote
  • The best part of this project is that it is surrounded by KHB- phase 2. There are 2 150 feet roads within the project. I think it would be wise to invest now rather than investing in it later. There is currently one 150 feet road which will connect to bommasandra circle. IN future appreciation on this road will be more than what will be on CA road if this roads develops completely.
    J.R Urbania - Google Maps
    CommentQuote
  • Highly Overpriced !!!!

The layout is highly overpriced and is close to 4 -4.5 kms from chandapura circle...they are quoting too much and looking at other layouts in the vicinity its waste paying anything more than 1050-1100/ sq. ft for this layout. This area would completely develop in another 7-8 years and blocking so much money in a place for such a long time makes no sense to me. Definitely a good option for anything <1000/sq. ft.

Note: they charge 5% extra for east facing sites
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the people- even I at first said that it is a little over priced. I then thought to visit the site. here are few observations.
    1 It is surrounded by Surya city from atleast 3 sides.
    2 I have never seen any builder providing a 150 feet road in its project. The land price of constructing such a big road is what the builder is passing on it's customer.
    3 This road will be the new approach road to hosur road and will cut at the bommasandra signal. You need not come all the way to chandapura circle
    CommentQuote
  • This means the Bommasandra Metro Station will be easily accessible through a big wide road, which many seem to be not factoring in or are forgetting. When Metro is ready, everybody will come running to buy into such projects nearby and then happily pay 3000-3500 psft for just plain land.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi, in that case would this project have a public road going thru it? Then its not a gated community right? Accessing amenities across the big public road will also be an issue.

Cheers

V

Originally Posted by amitmits84
    Most of the people- even I at first said that it is a little over priced. I then thought to visit the site. here are few observations.
    1 It is surrounded by Surya city from atleast 3 sides.
    2 I have never seen any builder providing a 150 feet road in its project. The land price of constructing such a big road is what the builder is passing on it's customer.
    3 This road will be the new approach road to hosur road and will cut at the bommasandra signal. You need not come all the way to chandapura circle
    CommentQuote
  • Regarding your point that once future 150" IMP road (note its IMP) that potentially connects to Bommasandra completes the price will rise - i would say take the road down the JR Urbania that they say as 'proposed' 60" and you'll see that the same future 150" IMP road (if at all that completes) will take you down further to Haragadde in Jigani, its hardly 1-2KMs away from the spot where JR Urbania is (if you take that 60" road, otherwise by drawing a straight line along the contour where 150" IMP goes its hardly 200 mtrs)..you'll see quite some layouts there which are all developed, on this date they would be approx about 800-900Rs/sq.ft, if you are willing to pay so much to JR then i think its better you go for those in haragadde like Terracon,Primrose,Sowbaghya etc which will equally benefit from this 150" IMP (again if at all it will ever come). Note that Artha Greenville comes just down there.

Again IMHO the price charged by JR is exorbitant and is taken in consideration a long run as somebody stated 7-8 years from now but NOT worth the price on date.
    CommentQuote
  • Apart from being overpriced I feel that since JR Urbania is surrounded on three sides by KHB, then there is very much a chance that whatever facilities/amenities that are promised, like parks, playgrounds, etc will have to be shared with the KHB site owners and not sure whether the plus point of buying in a gated community which is living with like minded people,would happen in case the amenities are shared with all.
    CommentQuote