Government is pleased to approve today on 13th Feb 2012, in-principle, the investment proposed of Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. for establishment of IT/ITES SEZ in Tubarahalli, Siddapur Village limits, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore Urban District in an area of 27.25 acres of land at Sy. No. 46 47, 48 & 49 of Siddapur and Sy. No. 44 49 & 50 of Tubarahalli with investment of Rs. 3400 cr. generating employment to about 16000 persons by extending the infrastructure facilities, incentives & concessions as mentioned below:

Land: 27.25 acres of land at Sy. No. 46, 47, 48 & 49 of Siddapur and Sy. No. 44, 49 & 50 Tubarahalli, subject to change of land use by BDA or concerned Local Planning Authority.

TCS have proposed to establish an IT/ITES SEZ in Tubarahalli, Siddapur Village limits, Varthur Hobli, Bangalore Urban District in an area of 27,25 acres of land at Sy. No. 46, 47, 48 & 49 of Siddapur and Sy. No. 44, 49 & 50 of Tubarahalli with an investment of Rs. 3400 cr., generating employment to about 16000 persons. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., have entered into an agreement for purchase of the above captioned land to set up the SEZ.

Maverick Property India Pvt. Ltd., who are in possession of the proposed land are ready to sell this 27.25 acres of land for establishment of the IT/ITES SEZ by TCS.

The Government took up for discussion the above proposal on 17-10-2011 and has examined the proposal in detail and asked some clarifications with regard to the land. KIADB, BDA & the project proponents have given clarifications on the issues raised in the Committee.

Now, based on the clarifications furnished, Govt. has examined the proposal of Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., for setting up of IT/ITES SEZ further from all aspects and have given an in-principle approval for the same.
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Ravikanth
    i am a big follower of your threads and read all the articles/messages posted by you.
    I need a big favour from you. i am planning to buy a plot for investment purpose and have no idea on where (Location) to purchase it and who (builder) to go with. I am planning to buy it for investment purpose and would like to get your feedback first before the purchase. Could you please suggest one or two best investment options for me to choose from. Really appreciate a positive feedback. Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Ravi Ji,

Any further updates on above..........SEZ ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by harsh300684
    Hi Ravi Ji,

Any further updates on above..........SEZ ?

These kind of projects typically take 4-5 yrs for take off from the announcement date as they have to go thro' a number of permits, approvals and licenses from State and Delhi too.
    CommentQuote
  • The land survey numbers mentioned are still in posession of the landowners and still not sold nor any kind of transaction happened.. I think the land survey numbers mentioned may be incorrect
    CommentQuote