First of all, thanks to the Administrators for such a nice forum. I am learing a lot about real estate in India, and Bangalore in particular, from all the experts.

I have been in touch with some brokers on a few plots in Ramanashree California Gardens in Yelahanka. I am surprised to see the variation in price being quoted by different plot owners. I see some asking over Rs.2500 per sq. ft and most asking about Rs.1600 to 1700 per sq. ft. This layout seems better than the adjacent BDA Duo Marvel or Vinayaka layouts where they are asking Rs.2500 per sq. ft. I am wondering why the plots in Ramanashree are selling at a lower price than Duo Marvel or other adjacent layouts. Why is Ramanashree not catching up on price with other layouts in the proximity? Not that I want to pay more, but I want to make sure that there are no legal issues, the documents are clear and the amenities are provided as promised. The broker thinks we can get it down below Rs.1500 per sq. ft which seems too good to be true given the prices around this area.

Anybody out there who knows about this area and the layout, could you please advise? Appreciate your help.

-TN
Read more
56 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Prices are set to crash

Crash would be an understatement.
    My advice to all the buyers who are buying on loan/hard earned money. STOP. 6 months before we all go into recession. Wait for economy to recover, and then look around. Real estate has nothing left for investors too as of now.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks.

Yes, I agree that when more homes are built, the prices will go way up.

Any other good developments around this area? Or, on Doddaballapur road? I have always a special place in my heart for Bangalore North, and I hope it won't turn out as messy as some other parts of the city... I like all the planning so far, and I hope they will bring the charm back.

Please post if anybody has anything to share.
    CommentQuote
  • Did you bought !!!

Hi Naidu,
    Did you bought the plot there. Hope you are aware of the present scenario in Bangalore as well as Globally. If you think that you are still have a guts to waste your money then please go ahead. Ultimately its your own money.:p

--Arindam
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for your concerns, arin_12. I am fully aware of the current situation and in no rush to invest at this time.

I agree with you, living_it_up, that the prices in this layout somehow managed to stay steady and not so inflated during the boom. For people who like Yelahanka and Doddaballapur road, this layout is a great place to live.. with all the things you mentioned around here.

Let's just hope the economy turns around and prosperity returns..
    CommentQuote
  • Whats City Square?

No offence to anyone here. But Arin, what is City Square?

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • CitySquare is a developer name. They are famous for bad and good reason...
    CommentQuote
  • Much against what Arin might say, prices of property are looking up in Bangalore. After all Arin and many others are living in US and speculating on property price in Bangalore. To tell the truth when I asked for price in AECS layout where it was quoted Rs 3500 psft just 3 months back, it is now quoted at Rs 4500 psft. However prices of flats are rather steady with NEGOTIABLE tag attached. In other words if you are buying land anywhere in Bangalore Urban, it is yet worth doing it. Remember inbetween 2002 and 2003 even before anyone realised price of land in Bangalore shot up almost 4 times. Dont miss oportunities based on comments from NRIs who are just wanting prices to fall in India.
    CommentQuote
  • There is one thing about Bangalore. It is not what it used to be even 8 years ago. If someone talked of Kagdaspura then who would know it, even though the place is just about 10km from MG Road. As for North Bangalore it is yet to develop but when it does you wont find a place there. The property near Angsana spa was available for Rs 180psft in 2001 and today I am told it is atleast 10 times up.
    Now regarding falling prices, that is a myth. Many NRIs who earlier invested in Bangalore have lost their last mouthful in US and are asking for low prices but unfortunately it wont happen. Just 2 days back Mysore farmers were asking for minimum 1.5 crores for an acre against 65L set by govt. If that is the case what will be the price in Bangalore.
    However I will hasten to add that it will be foolhardy to buy property away from city. For example one developer has some property which is 15 km from KR Puram and in some developing ring road to new airport. These are examples of dangerous dealings. He charges 1200psft there.
    So if u know the place then buy otherwise buy in a known place. ANd dont worry about comments from NRIs like Arin. They are sad that if their house in LA is sold they cant buy a 30x40site in Malleswaram.
    CommentQuote
  • The Kagadaspura is very pathetic scene now a day. And for your kind info
    Jan 2007 = 25-27L for 1000sqft
    June 2008 = 25-27L for 1200sqft.

what do you say ?:D
    CommentQuote
  • CAN SOMEBODY QUICKLY SUGGESTquries about ramanasri califonia gardens

hi, i have a good offer from this property but worried and confused whether to go for it or not.
    reason-
    1] the present owner has SALE DEED,AGREMENT FROM RAMANASRI, BBMP KATHA, BBMP TAX PD RECIPTS , ,CONVERSION PAPER, , BUT DOES NOT HAVE link documents . ramanasri gave only one mother deed , panchayat approval ,conversion. IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH TO BUY .
    2] DOES BBMP KATHA, INDICATE THAT THE PROPERTY IS SAFE TO GO
    3] WHAT IF THE RAMANASRI GROUP HAS SOME LEGAL PROBLEM WITH ITS ORIGINAL OWNERS . IF ANY LIABILITIES ARE THERE WILL THEY BE PUSHED TO THE PRESENT OWNER.
    4] I HAVE GIVEN THIS TO MY LAWYER BUT I FULLY CANT DEPEND ON HIM
    THANKS . PLS HELP
    5] WILL GOVT ACQUIRE THIS, LATER AS THERE IS LAKE, SANTUARY,ETC . THOUGH IT IS COMING UNDER BBMP . HOW SAFE IT IS TO BUY . ramanasri gave only one mother deed , panchayat approval ,conversion. IS THIS GOOD ENOUGH TO BUY .
    2] DOES BBMP KATHA, INDICATE THAT THE PROPERTY IS SAFE TO GO
    3] WHAT IF THE RAMANASRI GROUP HAS SOME LEGAL PROBLEM WITH ITS ORIGINAL OWNERS . IF ANY LIABILITIES ARE THERE WILL THEY BE PUSHED TO THE PRESENT OWNER.
    4] I HAVE GIVEN THIS TO MY LAWYER BUT I FULLY CANT DEPEND ON HIM
    THANKS . PLS HELP
    5] WILL GOVT ACQUIRE THIS, LATER AS THERE IS LAKE, SANTUARY,ETC . THOUGH IT IS COMING UNDER BBMP . HOW SAFE IT IS TO BUY
    CommentQuote
  • 1. First this project is not approved by BDA. Any property inside Yelahanka Hobli needs approval from BDA and not BMRDA, BIAPPA or BMIC. Whataver the prices being quoted in this forum are nothing cheap for a unapproved layout (as of today).

Donot confuse with agencies like BBMP and BMRDA. BBMP only collects taxes and maintains a public residential area.
    They can issue khata but not approval.

A BDA approval of such large area come under -higher level approval- and you know what it means in India. That is why builders donot try for BDA approval. Though a new version of Sakkrama may help you to get your houses approved with a nominal fee but not as a project.

2. Please check peripheral ring road notification which indicates what areas under Yelahanka Hobli are notified for acquisition to build the 6 lane road. Your lawyer should be able to tell or you can check your survey numbers in that particular village and tally with PRR notification village/survey numbers. If your site falls on multiple survey numbers , please check that too. Not only this, also check whether your all survey nos in your project , the way you enter and exit also should not be notified. Good luck.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Natarajg007
    Much against what Arin might say, prices of property are looking up in Bangalore. After all Arin and many others are living in US and speculating on property price in Bangalore. To tell the truth when I asked for price in AECS layout where it was quoted Rs 3500 psft just 3 months back, it is now quoted at Rs 4500 psft. However prices of flats are rather steady with NEGOTIABLE tag attached. In other words if you are buying land anywhere in Bangalore Urban, it is yet worth doing it. Remember inbetween 2002 and 2003 even before anyone realised price of land in Bangalore shot up almost 4 times. Dont miss oportunities based on comments from NRIs who are just wanting prices to fall in India.

Thats 100% not true. AECS layout is still available at 3500-3700 psft. I never heard 4500 psft. You can check online ads too - its around 3700 max..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by re0764
    1. First this project is not approved by BDA. Any property inside Yelahanka Hobli needs approval from BDA and not BMRDA, BIAPPA or BMIC. Whataver the prices being quoted in this forum are nothing cheap for a unapproved layout (as of today).

Donot confuse with agencies like BBMP and BMRDA. BBMP only collects taxes and maintains a public residential area.
    They can issue khata but not approval.

A BDA approval of such large area come under -higher level approval- and you know what it means in India. That is why builders donot try for BDA approval. Though a new version of Sakkrama may help you to get your houses approved with a nominal fee but not as a project.

2. Please check peripheral ring road notification which indicates what areas under Yelahanka Hobli are notified for acquisition to build the 6 lane road. Your lawyer should be able to tell or you can check your survey numbers in that particular village and tally with PRR notification village/survey numbers. If your site falls on multiple survey numbers , please check that too. Not only this, also check whether your all survey nos in your project , the way you enter and exit also should not be notified. Good luck.

sorry my friend, this property comes under BMP... People I know have been paying BMP taxes for the last 2 or 3 years.

Was in Bangalore on a short visit recently... drove up on Doddaballapur Road until Angsana... boy, was I impressed with all the development in this area! The growth was so overwhelming that I was little intimidated. The airport kinda disappointed me though, I had higher hopes based on all the hype it created. bummer!

Wow, been a while since I was here last.. I hear a bit of an uptick in Real estate in Bangalore from some sources... hope it is all true!
    CommentQuote
  • Ramanashree California Gardens

Thanks for your comments and posting.

I am in Bangalore and visited these sites two three times and finally would like sit and offer to buy either 50 * 100 or 60 * 80 sites for very good price than what you quotated in this forum.

I really need your opinions about the process and documents to collect.

One brokere said it is BBMP apporoved and easily can get loan but my broker some Reddy the original seller clear said who sold to Ramansree that it is DC converted and not BBMP approved and cannot get loan for these sites.

I am not interested for loan but want to see your opinons on other issues.

I area is fully developed and wide roads and very good schools near by compared any other areas. It is definitely a very high growth area and can see the prices move easily up wards compared to any other place.

Please reply that if this is BBIMP or BBMP approved or not if not what's the risk?

I can see more than 10 houses are built already and few coming up. I went one time at 7 PM immpressed the security and street lights inside the gardens.

Please reply at the earliest.
    CommentQuote
  • Anybody heard about the Peripheral ring road?

One builder is claiming that there is one peripheral ring road coming from the International air port and interjecting the Yalahanka-Doddaballapur road, somewhere after the Nagarjuna meadows, Montecarlo properties. I am not sure where it will go beyond that but he is trying to sell some property beyond the railway track quoting this road as the main access to the city. Did anybody heard of this road? Please update ASAP. quoting this road as the main access to the city. Did anybody heard of this road? Please update ASAP. quoting this road as the main access to the city. Did anybody heard of this road? Please update ASAP.
    CommentQuote