Hi All

While taking a home loan for an underconstruction apartment, is it true that:

1. If a loan is taken from PSU bank (e.g. SBI) then the registration and stamp duty charges for the flat must be paid on the full value of the unit as written in sales agreement? (E.g. For a 1500 SqFt unit with a PSF rate of 3000 - the govt charges must be calculated on 45L amount) and
2. If a loan is taken from private bank (e.g. ICICI) then the registration and stamp duty charges for the flat can be calculated and paid based on the govt declared guidance value as well? (E.g. For a 1500 SqFt unit in an area with a PSF rate of 3000 & govt guidance value of 1000 - the govt charges can be calculated on 15L amount).

If someone has an idea - please clarify above. As on the surface - taking a home loan from Private bank will save some money in terms of registration and stamp duty. Is it legal to use option 2?
Read more
8 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have taken a home loan from SBI and I have read that clause also. But while executing the sale deed and registration, I paid stamp duty on guidance value only. All of my payments are in white i.e. by cheque and draft for bank loan. I don't know the prevailing practice here, and the bank people didn't object me either on this.
    CommentQuote
  • you can try in LICHFL, they are not very particular about all this. and interest rate is same as SBI. let me know if you need the agent no.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Manas007
    you can try in LICHFL, they are not very particular about all this. and interest rate is same as SBI. let me know if you need the agent no.

If your contact is reliable / trustworthy, i'd be interested in his contact details. Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • Niranjan. He is reliable as I have taken loan through him a year back and still in touch with him for another one.
    CommentQuote
  • Registration & stamp duty charges Bangalore

Hi,
    Can someone clarify how is the registration charges (and Stamp duty) calculated for Re-sale villa in Bangalore? are the Registration charges for Land, Built-up area and common areas calculated separately and aggregated?

Thanks in advance,
    CommentQuote
  • Apartment / Flat registration charges in Bangalore - 2016

Hi Friends,

Can some advise what would be the Apartment registration charges in Bangalore.

Like: Example - if the property value is 50 lakhs in Electronic city

1. I like a property and finalize it. How much would be the Stamp duty cost?
    2. Documentation cost
    3. Registration Cost

Advise if there is any additional costs will incur.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • It depends on the guidance value of the area. Probably it may be around 30000 per sq mtr. If the super built up area is 100 sq mt, the cost of the flat will be 30 lakh. so the cost will be 150000 + 50000 + cess if it is above 5th floor + bribe 6000 + miscellaneous = 225000 roughly from April 1st. Better check the exact amount by finding the guidance value for the area.
    CommentQuote
  • I bought apartment in banglore... It's 1234 srft cost of this is 51L. I paid 20% for agreement and rest I'm going with loan..please suggest if I can go for registration this month or next month.i heard some gst rates are changed will it affect the registration amount? How much will be the charges of I go now ...and if I go after April. Pls let me know.

ow I bought apartment in banglore... It's 1234 srft cost of this is 51L. I paid 20% for agreement and rest I'm going with loan..please suggest if I can go for registration this month or next month.i heard some gst rates are changed will it affect the registration amount? How much will be the charges of I go now ...and if I go afteowr April. Pls let me

CommentQuote