Hi all,
I bought a flat in bangalore and got it registered around 8 months back. Now we are going to pay property tax for the flat. Totally for 2 years the property tax has not been paid. i.e, 06-07 and 07-08..

In the year 07 -08, the flat was already transferred to my name, so I'm going to pay the property tax from my pocket..
But for the year 06-07, the flat was still in builders name.. but the builder says I will have to pay it. He says he has paid all the land property tax. But he will not pay any property tax for the building...

Now who has to pay the tax for 06-07?

Thanks,
Suresh
Read more
1 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by suresh_sv
    Hi all,
    I bought a flat in bangalore and got it registered around 8 months back. Now we are going to pay property tax for the flat. Totally for 2 years the property tax has not been paid. i.e, 06-07 and 07-08..

In the year 07 -08, the flat was already transferred to my name, so I'm going to pay the property tax from my pocket..
    But for the year 06-07, the flat was still in builders name.. but the builder says I will have to pay it. He says he has paid all the land property tax. But he will not pay any property tax for the building...

Now who has to pay the tax for 06-07?

Thanks,
    Suresh

if you have regd the flat as a whole then builder pays the tax.
    if you have regd UDS alone and construction agreement you will bear the tax as it wouldnt have been included in the scope of the agreement.
    check your agreement.
    anyways if it is a small amount i advice you to forego it as you might need the builders assistance in the future(it happens).
    CommentQuote