Got an email regarding prelaunch of Godrej E-City, Doddathogur, Near Crowne Plaza, Electronic City. Does anybody has got any idea about this project. Any analysis on this project?
The greener side of connectivity
Situated in Electronic city and connected through NICE road and the elevated expressway, Godrej E-City brings your workplace and other major conveniences within your immediate reach. Your travel times become shorter and hassle-free. You have more time for your family and yourself. It's time to move closer to happiness.

Connectivity

Landmarkx09Travel time (Approx)
Major IT/ITes workplaces (Infosys, Wipro etc)x095 mins
NICE road junctionx095 mins
Silkboard (via expressway)x0910 mins
Koramangalax0912 mins
Sarjapur Junctionx0920 mins
Bengaluru City Junction Railway Stationx0930 mins
Majestic Bus Terminusx0930 mins
Whitefieldx0940 mins
Bengaluru International Airportx0960 mins
Read more
175 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sanjibon
    Got an email regarding prelaunch of Godrej E-City, Doddathogur, Near Crowne Plaza, Electronic City. Does anybody has got any idea about this project. Any analysis on this project?

even I read about it ...
    Godrej E City is a new residential project by the renowned godrej properties located at Doddathogur, Near Crowne Plaza, Electronic City. Godrej E-City Bangalore offers 2 BHK, 2.5 BHK and 3 BHK apartment.

Location - Godrej E-City located at Doddathogur, Near Crowne Plaza, Electronic City, Bangalore

Godrej E-City Bengaluru Overview

The location offers excellent connectivity due to its close proximity to NICE Road and the Elevated Expressway on Hosur Road. Major junctions like Sarjapur / ORR and Silk board can be easily accessed through the well developed road network. Furthermore, major IT/ITes/Industrial work places like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, HCL, Bomassandra industrial area and Sipcot Industrial area, are located in the vicinity thereby making the location a vibrant economic hub for Bengaluru.

Godrej E-City will offer various amenities including a modern clubhouse, a well-equipped gymnasium, swimming pools, a health club, a conference hall, and a convenience store. Sports facilities such as an indoor squash court, a badminton court, a children’s play area and a jogging track will be provided besides indoor game facilities like table tennis and snooker.

Godrej E-City is designed on the principles of sustainability. The project will use eco-friendly material and will integrate environment-sensitive passive architectural solutions to minimize the carbon emission associated with the development. Features like electric car charging facility, rainwater harvesting, solar heating, usage of hydrogel for water conservation, low VOC paints and water efficient fixtures will be incorporated in the project design. Also, 70% of the project will be covered in landscaped gardens and open spaces.

Amenities:
    World-class amenities
    Excellent connectivity
    Covered car parking for every home
    Beautiful garden views
    70 % open green spaces
    Extensive pedestrian - friendly landscaping
    Surrounded by excellent social infrastructure

More details on www.godrejproperties.com

Better to hold on till the project is officially launched ... not much details of the project as of now ... did you get cost sheet?
    CommentQuote
  • what is the price range in Godrej E-City?
    CommentQuote
  • ^^ 2, 2.5 and 3 bedroom residences starting at Rs 35 lacs
    Not sure about the location
    Godrej Properties Ltd. (GPL)|Project : Godrej E-City

Any one knows about any other project of godrej?
    What is the feedback
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by huda2012
    even I read about it ... Godrej E-City located at Doddathogur, Near Crowne Plaza, Electronic City, Bangalore

Better to hold on till the project is officially launched ... not much details of the project as of now ... did you get cost sheet?

even I m looking for the cost sheet of this project ... can u share the details pls , what is psf rate?
    CommentQuote
  • How is Electronics City as an investment option? I heard its full of villages around...I havent been to this part of the city in a while, any feedback on how it is coming up for residential purpose?
    CommentQuote
  • EC is the IT center of Bangalore i would say. All IT majors started in EC. Tough there are many flats, I didn't felt it as a proper residential area. No water in most of the places. Many of my friends who bought flat some time back as an investment purpose, says the appreciation in this area is not so high. Also you can see there is no good super market in this area(a Total o a BigBazaar) Now the prices in city is almost unaffordable. So many are considering this area( Even Me ). Also keep in mind about the metro connectivity( God knows when it will come).
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mahesh1985
    EC is the IT center of Bangalore i would say. All IT majors started in EC. Tough there are many flats, I didn't felt it as a proper residential area. No water in most of the places. Many of my friends who bought flat some time back as an investment purpose, says the appreciation in this area is not so high. Also you can see there is no good super market in this area(a Total o a BigBazaar) Now the prices in city is almost unaffordable. So many are considering this area( Even Me ). Also keep in mind about the metro connectivity( God knows when it will come).

i think u shud revisit this place and u will knw wt potential this place has.who said e city hs water prob?
    CommentQuote
  • Yes Mithun. This area has good growth potential. And about water, most of the apartments are using tanker or bore well water. I stayed with some friends and relatives in EC and all those places were having some or other issues with water. Now these areas are affordable. But once metro rail start running, this will also come in unaffordable category IMO. May be this is a right time to buy
    CommentQuote
  • Godrej project is in a slum area of doddathogur. Approach road is very narrow.

BTW, Which place in Bangalore doesn't have a water problem or don't depend on tanker or bore well water ? If water problem is an issue then one should not invest in Bangalore.

Yeah if the definition of affordability is pre-launch offers of 3200 +, then its still affordable.

Originally Posted by mahesh1985
    Yes Mithun. This area has good growth potential. And about water, most of the apartments are using tanker or bore well water. I stayed with some friends and relatives in EC and all those places were having some or other issues with water. Now these areas are affordable. But once metro rail start running, this will also come in unaffordable category IMO. May be this is a right time to buy
    CommentQuote
  • I visited the site yesterday, its 1.2 KM from Crown Plaza hotel, the road next to the SJR apartments is the only approach road as of now.
    Approach road is not that good and the site is surrounded by the old village houses.

The apartment complex comes g+4 structure, 2 BHK some 940 or 970 sqft
    2 BHK 2 options some 1400 plus (2 balconies) and the other one with 1500 plus (3 balconies)

Current price - approx 3000 per sqft.

2 BHK - 40 Lks approx
    3 HBK - 50 to 60 lks approx . This is all inclusive price

Booking amount 10% basic cost and another 10% after agreement i,e next 45 days.

Pros - Brand Name, near to Hosur road, ok price tag.
    Cons - Bad approach road, surrounded by old village.
    CommentQuote
  • E-City

Just so you guys know...Godrej is just doing project management/oversight for this project...actual builder/contractor is M/s Universal Builders...any review of this builder?
    CommentQuote
  • Most of the Builder's just do project Mgmt.
    Land belongs to someone else, construction is done by another company, marketing by some other company. Welcome to the world of outsorucing. :)

If Godrej is associating its name in this project, then hopefully they will ensure its of good quality.

Location is pathetic.

Considering the price & location of this project, SNN Neeladri and Shriram Signia looks pretty reasonable.
    CommentQuote
  • thanks for the update guys on Godrej E-City located at Doddathogur, Near Crowne Plaza, Electronic City, Bangalore

any chances of development around and good approach road in near future (around possession time)... 3000 psf in pre launch is it reasonable?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by zhakaas
    Most of the Builder's just do project Mgmt.
    Land belongs to someone else, construction is done by another company, marketing by some other company. Welcome to the world of outsorucing. :)

If Godrej is associating its name in this project, then hopefully they will ensure its of good quality.

Location is pathetic.

Considering the price & location of this project, SNN Neeladri and Shriram Signia looks pretty reasonable.

thnx for the update, can u pls help with more details on SNN Neeladri and Shriram Signia ... how much are they costing?
    CommentQuote
  • I checked Godrej E-city recently. It will be ~16 Acre project with ~800 flat with G+4. They have a model flat ready as well. I must say this has one of the best space utilization. For ~1300+ sqft they have managed very nice and practical 3BHK with 3 balconies and utility. Their specification looked good to me( Actual in the model flat) . Their amenities are superb. Once you get inside the project, site is very nice with fresh air and is peaceful. This is an excellent project and one of the best I have seen in last 2 months considering the price they are quoting. So what is the problem?

Location !!! ..

The road which goes to the project ( Beside SJR) is very congested. My car stuck twice in haphazard traffic reaching there. This is the only road to reach to the project. Also I believe there is no possibility that connecting road can be widened in future seeing Houses/apartments/shops adjacent to the road. So I am not really sure about the project just because of the location thing.

But apparently Godrej has purchased land adjacent to the main project so they have a good land bank there and things might improve once they come in that area as they will be first big builder in that locality. It has scope for future development as the area has good amount of empty around.
    CommentQuote