Friends,
We sold a plot in our hometown and got 20 lacs. Now we need to invest that money in bangalore.
Option 1: Invest in a pre-launched flat valued @35-40 lacs, so that with construction based plan we can pay the money for next 1.5-2 yrs and then sell that off at a profit.
Option 2: Invest in a plot near Old Madras Road. Lot of activity is happening i.e Prestige Tranquility, Brigade Exotics, Brigade Golden Triangle, Many villa projects on that road. In 5 yrs it should be much more developed and land can easily give a return of 15% annually.

Signature Tulip plots are available @1800/sqft.

Please suggest what to do with this money.

Cheers.
Read more
20 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by pjaryan
    Hello Gaurav,

Did you finally took any decision as I was also sailing in the similar situation and not getting clear picture for the right decision for investment.

Not yet. But am a bit tilted towards a plot around east bangalore. As my investment horizon is 5-7 yrs, east bangalore might grow towards Old Madras road side.

I dont want to invest for end use and currently have only this small amount so so sure what to do.

Another option is to invest in Pashmina waterfront. 3BHK for 1 crore. Have to give 20% now and no pre-emi till possession. It might take atleast 3-4 yrs for possession. Now if the price appreciates even by meagre 5% /year, the price will be 1.2 crore. I can sell at that time with 100% profit for me.

If the price increases by 10%(inflation rate), price will be around 1.45 crore. Even if i sell below market price at 1.4 crore, returns will be whopping 200% in 4 yrs.

What do you think about it?
    CommentQuote
  • 1cr includes additional charges like 3yr maintenance , car parking etc right.

Also Make sure in contract they allow you to sell it before registering in your name, otherwise it is called resale.

Otherwise there will be registration cost to you.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Gaurav, I am also in a similar situation...wanting to invest some cash. I am interested in buying a site in the area you are talking about. I am aware of the layout you are talking about and know the developer a bit. Couple of my friends bought there in 2011. There are 2 more layouts nearby...similar price...but am not sure of the legal docs. I would not like to avail a loan and so plot seems a viable option for me. Let me know.

Originally Posted by Gaurav2k101
    Not yet. But am a bbit tilted towards a plot around east bangalore. As my investment horizon is 5-7 yrs, east bangalore might grow towards Old Madras road side.

I dont want to invest for end use and currently have only this small amount so so sure what to do.

Another option is to invest in Pashmina waterfront. 3BHK for 1 crore. Have to give 20% now and no pre-emi till possession. It might take atleast 3-4 yrs for possession. Now if the price appreciates even by meagre 5% /year, the price will be 1.2 crore. I can sell at that time with 100% profit for me.

If the price increases by 10%(inflation rate), price will be around 1.45 crore. Even if i sell below market price at 1.4 crore, returns will be whopping 200% in 4 yrs.

CommentQuote
  • Hi Gaurav,

Please share the details to me also and if possible we can club together and ask for discount.

I am checking one more option i.e. 2BHK Apartment investment @Arun Patios at Yelahanka, Bangalore near Int airport. Please share the inputs if you have info related to this project.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Gaurav2k101
    Not yet. But am a bit tilted towards a plot around east bangalore. As my investment horizon is 5-7 yrs, east bangalore might grow towards Old Madras road side.

So, where did you go finally ?
    CommentQuote