I m considering buying a property in electronic city phase 1. There are good projects like neotown, requizza,concorde,ajmera,elena, godrej,shriram etc. I work in electronic city so i find it attractive to invest. My friends however are against it. They say it is a remote area. I find the following pros and cons but i m unable to decide

Pros

1. Connectivity - elevated road. 15min, you would be at silkboard jn if you board a 356CW
2. being an IT hub, i guess metro phase 2 would definitely connect it
3. Access to Nice road.
4. 1.5lac working population. As per my guess it wouldnt be hard to find tenants
5. Hiranandani Mall, Neo Mall are coming up.

Cons
1. considered remote to the city.
2. with so many projects coming and slated to come up and complete construction by 2015/16 will there be a takers for rent.
3.Will BBMP ever acquire this area, as Ecity is industrial area. They take care of the infrastructure where the offices are present but dont bother about the neighouring villages.
4. I have heard that there is no new office space coming up at E city except the Neotown SEZ. Is it true

I am not able to take decision whether i should buy one here. Any help will be appreciated
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Looking for a Ready to move flat in Electronics City

I am thinking of booking a 2/3 BHK flat in Electronics City which will be ready to move with-in 6 months.

And my budget is 50L all inclusive.

I Have shortlisted two with the help of internet search (will visit both the sites this weekend).

1] Prime City (Aqua Block), Electronic City Phase - 1.
    2] Prakruthi Solitaire Phase-1, Ananth Nagar, Electronic City.

Both will have the possession by end of May/June 2013.

Please give me the feedback/suggestion about these.

Also please let me know about other projects which will match my requirements.

Thanks in advance,
    CommentQuote
  • Both are 2nd or 3rd grade builder, so go ahead after confirming yourself the quality and feedback from the tenants. Prime city prices were very less when they began booking 1.5 years back... My suggestion is better you should go with a reputed builder even if the waiting period is 1-2 years..... These 2nd or 3rd grade builders flats are sold only because during the initial launch the prices were dead cheap........
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sancity
    Both are 2nd or 3rd grade builder, so go ahead after confirming yourself the quality and feedback from the tenants. Prime city prices were very less when they began booking 1.5 years back... My suggestion is better you should go with a reputed builder even if the waiting period is 1-2 years..... These 2nd or 3rd grade builders flats are sold only because during the initial launch the prices were dead cheap........

Thanks sancity for the advice.

I have done the site visit on more projects today.!

I am continuing this in Best Projects near electronic city1 30-35L(2Bhk)
    CommentQuote
  • Defenitely Ecity is one of the Best Bet now and in matter of years the entire phase of Ecity will change. Big bulders like Heera Nandani will not invest in areas where potential is less
    CommentQuote
  • How is the water situation in e city
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by slmathew
    I am thinking of booking a 2/3 BHK flat in Electronics City which will be ready to move with-in 6 months.

And my budget is 50L all inclusive.

I Have shortlisted two with the help of internet search (will visit both the sites this weekend).

1] Prime City (Aqua Block), Electronic City Phase - 1.
    2] Prakruthi Solitaire Phase-1, Ananth Nagar, Electronic City.

Both will have the possession by end of May/June 2013.

Please give me the feedback/suggestion about these.

Also please let me know about other projects which will match my requirements.

Thanks in advance,

Electronic City Phase 1 has better returns potential compared to Electronic City Phase 2.

Prime City : I am not sure about the quality of construction, amenities etc. I hope they should be fine. Access to Electronic City Phase 1 is a plus. The only thing I can I dont like is the approach road to the apartment. That entire area is too congested and I dont think even the roads cant be widened. You will always have to go through a market area to reach your home.

Prakruti : Guess this belongs to Nandini Hotels group. The apartment looks nice from outside. Again not sure about the quality of construction and Amenities. The only problem I can think of is the access. I stay in Electronic City Phase 2, and in that area is very secluded. In the night and all, you wouldnt find anyone on the road. May be the situation may change later on, but this is the current fact. On the positive note, the apartment would be just 2.5 KMs away from Huskur Gate metro station.

Why dont you check Goel Ganga vertica or Smondoville 2. Smondoville 2 should be ready in 6 months.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks ecityguy.

Prime City, yes it is out of my list anyways. Other than the first block all the other once are poorly maintained and still construction is going on.

Prakruthi, i think the quality and the amenities are good. They have 2 acres of Open space infront of the building. Since its their first project they yet to prove, but as per Nandhini Group it is their prestigious project which they will be showcasing in the future.

EC Phase 2, i have not seen any public transport / auto stand through this area. Looks like without own vehicle, accessibility will be a big problem! Also I could see lot of occupied apartments in this area.

I hope the roads and travel in the night are not scary through this area .

I have one more good deal with GK Meadows in EC first phase. Its 700 Meters away from Mahendra elena. Please let me know if you have more details about this. But I heard most of the weekdays used to be a lot of traffic congestion on the peak time inside the ECity Phase1. Could anyone who working / staying there please confirm the same?

As GK Meadows is on the Jigani road I could see Public Transport on this area. But after the Shikaripalaya entrance hardly 3-4 houses are there in this area. Not really sure about the safety when we travel in the night.

As you said this one has better returns potential compared to Electronic City Phase 2.

Goel Ganga vertica and Smondoville2 are out of my budget..!
    CommentQuote
  • I stay in one of the layouts in Electronic City Phase II. So I know how bad/good that area is. I advise you to visit the apartment site after 9PM one day.
    On transportation: if you dont have your own vehicle, its going to be tough. Ittina Neela service shuttle is going to be there every 30/40/60 minutes. Apart from that, you will have to rely on Autos only.
    Potential : There is ring road planned from Huskur Gate to New Airport(in cards for for almost 3 years), for which they have already marked the land
    for acquisition. Since the current govt didnt act on any of the road projects, nothing has happened so far. But if that happens, Prakruti will be just 100 away from the 6/8 lane road.

On Mahendra Elena and surrounding, I am not really keen on that area. Actually i hate too crowded places, and that area is like a market place. And that market place is going to remain there as is for atleast 10 years more. Same is the case with Godrej ECity. Daily you have to go through highly crowded Doddathogur road.
    Did you check Shanders Alta Vista on Veerasandra road. Thats ready to occupy in 4-6 months. The entire construction is over, but Fire&Safety NOC is pending. It might take another 4-6 months for posession.
    CommentQuote
  • Foyer city is also a good buy..if you are ok with those roads.

There is less space to roam around but amenities and quality wise it is good.

appreciation wise...am not sure...but for rent and staying purpose i suggest
    CommentQuote
  • ecityguy, yensill, Thanks for the info.

I have checked with Shanders Alta Vista (4500/sqft) and patels smondo 2 (3800/sqft) which are again out of my budget.

I am not sure about the location of Foyer City and they charge 2700/Sqft. I am planning to do a visit next week and they said more than 40% of the flats are available.

I personally dint like the location of Mahendra Elena and only in the entrance of shikaripalya we find the crowd. As I mentioned earlier after 200-300meters it’s all empty land. Still I am worried about the traffic congestion on the peak time inside the ECity Phase1.

I dont work in ECity and distance from both the apartments to my office about 17 KM.

As you suggested I need to visit both the sites after 9 PM and some peak timings.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by yensill
    Foyer city is also a good buy..if you are ok with those roads.

There is less space to roam around but amenities and quality wise it is good.

appreciation wise...am not sure...but for rent and staying purpose i suggest

I have bought flat in Foyer City. Is there any1 else here who has? Would be glad to know.
    CommentQuote
    ecityguy, yensill, Thanks for the info.

I have checked with Shanders Alta Vista (4500/sqft) and patels smondo 2 (3800/sqft) which are again out of my budget.

I am not sure about the location of Foyer City and they charge 2700/Sqft. I am planning to do a visit next week and they said more than 40% of the flats are available.

I personally dint like the location of Mahendra Elena and only in the entrance of shikaripalya we find the crowd. As I mentioned earlier after 200-300meters it’s all empty land. Still I am worried about the traffic congestion on the peak time inside the ECity Phase1.

I dont work in ECity and distance from both the apartments to my office about 17 KM.

As you suggested I need to visit both the sites after 9 PM and some peak timings.

Did You go and check Foyer City?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajirules
    Did You go and check Foyer City?

I haven't visited Foyer City, because from their website I understood that they have no 2BHKs more than 1100SqFt. And finally i am almost finalized with Prakruthi Solitaire in Ecity Phase 2.
    CommentQuote
  • I definitely see a potential in E.City . Its one of the developed areas where the rate is very low. The big builders have started coming in like Prestige with its Casabella project which got sold like hot cakes. Only after a big builder appearance the rate picks up ie. Grade B build will also hike to match grade A.
    With Metro also planned , there is no doubt on appreciation.
    CommentQuote
    I haven't visited Foyer City, because from their website I understood that they have no 2BHKs more than 1100SqFt. And finally i am almost finalized with Prakruthi Solitaire in Ecity Phase 2.

My frnd has booked in Prakruthi solitaire...
    Can you give your mail id for mail communication in case of any doubts....Future neighbors can stay n touch...
    CommentQuote