I m considering buying a property in electronic city phase 1. There are good projects like neotown, requizza,concorde,ajmera,elena, godrej,shriram etc. I work in electronic city so i find it attractive to invest. My friends however are against it. They say it is a remote area. I find the following pros and cons but i m unable to decide

Pros

1. Connectivity - elevated road. 15min, you would be at silkboard jn if you board a 356CW
2. being an IT hub, i guess metro phase 2 would definitely connect it
3. Access to Nice road.
4. 1.5lac working population. As per my guess it wouldnt be hard to find tenants
5. Hiranandani Mall, Neo Mall are coming up.

Cons
1. considered remote to the city.
2. with so many projects coming and slated to come up and complete construction by 2015/16 will there be a takers for rent.
3.Will BBMP ever acquire this area, as Ecity is industrial area. They take care of the infrastructure where the offices are present but dont bother about the neighouring villages.
4. I have heard that there is no new office space coming up at E city except the Neotown SEZ. Is it true

I am not able to take decision whether i should buy one here. Any help will be appreciated
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ajirules
    My frnd has booked in Prakruthi solitaire...
    Can you give your mail id for mail communication in case of any doubts....Future neighbors can stay n touch...

Please ask your friend to join the FB group for Prakruthi flat owners.
    https://www./groups/551207774910704/
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Praveen85
    Thanks for putting across your views.

Also an additional point

I heard some EC companies depend on tankers for water supply. Is water table that bad in EC. One of my friend argues that if there are so many apartments coming up in such a small parcel of land there will be lot of water woes in future.

No news of Bio park after the govt stuck the deal in 2011.

The bio park is up n going>>THE PPP institute HGC has shifted from whitefield to electronic city a few years back
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Guys,
    I am planning to book a flat in ds-max sigma, could you please provide suggestions on the same. Price is 35 lacs for 1100 sft, excluding reg. As of now I checked the legal document provided by a lawer authenticating the project documents and bank approval letter. Please suggest
    CommentQuote
  • Dont buy
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rameshh
    Dont buy

Thanks for reply Ramesh .Could you please let me know what is the reason behind it. Because it's almost ready to move in ( position with in 3 months). Price is also low. Constrction is OK .. OK.. DS max has original legal docs , which they have shown to me in last meeting. Please suggest.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Mfhp123
    Thanks for reply Ramesh .Could you please let me know what is the reason behind it. Because it's almost ready to move in ( position with in 3 months). Price is also low. Constrction is OK .. OK.. DS max has original legal docs , which they have shown to me in last meeting. Please suggest.

Is this the same builder who gives ads everyday in TOI. The owner of this company appears himself in ads - who tries to look smart and likes to put on cool sunglasses and get photographed with some fancy car in the background with expensive cloths on.

There is another one -D-R-E-A-M-Z , which is a similar builder and 365 days a year you see advertisements that "Bumper offer extended last chance to book flats at Old price".

Ironically both these builders are not accredited with CREDAI.

I would stay away from these.
    CommentQuote
  • I would agree with your friend's opinions as there are other location in Bangalore with a lot of good projects and potential to give you better results in future for your investment. One such location is Tumkur road, you can consider New haven here with apartments starting from a range of 25 lakhs for 1BHK. Also for a little higher budget you can consider apartments at Aquila Heights.
    Though electronic city seems to have a lot of projects under construction.
    Also lack of infrastructure is one of the reasons why i would advice you to consider investing in ECITY
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for the reply guys. Apart from registration in CREDAI is there any other reason to reject DS_ MAX. -- May be the owner of the project much interested in movies :-) . I don't think it's a problem.
    The positive things which i notice are:
    1. Near to Neo mall/town,
    2.Exactly opposite to shriram properties,
    3.Location is good.
    4. Almost ready to move, Just 3-4 months work is pending.
    5.One can expect good rent.
    6. Exactly next to Metropolis project.

Can some please help me to understand why to reject it?

Help is much appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Mfhp123,
    If you get a green signal from a good lawyer regarding legal verifications and if you feel the construction quality is decent, You can go ahead. As you are mentioning that itz almost ready to move, no need to worry much about the builder, as you can able to judge the construction quality. If possible, you can show the flat to a mansion whom you know better to judge the quality of construction.

Prelaunch is the case where we have to worry more about builder.

If you are satisfied with the location, construction quality and if you can have some genuine contacts who bought flats in the apartment, you can go ahead.

But, better take the legal advice atleast from a couple of good lawers before going ahead, as i heard many people talk negative about this builder.
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks Bhanu.
    CommentQuote