Hi all,

I'm planning to purchase a resale apartment in Rohan Vasantha, Marathahalli. The owner of my rented apartment is willing to sell it to me. Its a 2BHK , about 1100 sqft. What do you feel is the ongoing rate for 2BHK's here?

Thanks
Read more
10 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • What is the rate u r getting? is it ready to move?
    CommentQuote
  • It is ready to move , but would require some woodwork . My owner is asking for 67L , but i feel its a tad high.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vortex77
    It is ready to move , but would require some woodwork . My owner is asking for 67L , but i feel its a tad high.

And what is 2BHK rate u r getting for other flats in Rohan or any other place u like.

I guess the price really depends on the seller's or buyer's urgency. If the Seller can wait then price negotiation can be less else it can high.
    CommentQuote
  • Not worth it. Better stay in rent in the same place by paying less than 5% of the cost of the flat per year.

That locality is not conveniently accessible and being right on the main road has its disadvantage of sound pollution.

And since it is already 6 years old now, no point buying at such high price. Better book a new one from a premium builder at lesser price - of course you have to wait for a couple of years to get the unit but then you don't have to pay huge upfront amount.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by springfield9
    Not worth it. Better stay in rent in the same place by paying less than 5% of the cost of the flat per year.

That locality is not conveniently accessible and being right on the main road has its disadvantage of sound pollution.

And since it is already 6 years old now, no point buying at such high price. Better book a new one from a premium builder at lesser price - of course you have to wait for a couple of years to get the unit but then you don't have to pay huge upfront amount.

Is that flat really 6 yrs old? 6 yrs are calculated from date of launch or date of possesion.

Till late 2008 early 2009 the flats were not ready. So it makes only 3 yrs old.

And in today's scenario, it easily takes 1-2 yrs after the completion of the project to resolve the teething issues, people to start occupying. So in that terms the society is not more than 2 yrs old.

Again for sound pollution, whe you stay on rent then also one has to bear it so this should be indifferent.

Also till when someone should keep on doing it: Selling the flat as soon as it is 3-4 yrs old and again buy a new launched flat wait for 3-4 yrs to get it constructed and then again end up in the same cycle.

For end use, if you like then go ahead. If it is only for investment then you can look for other options as well.
    CommentQuote
    It is ready to move , but would require some woodwork . My owner is asking for 67L , but i feel its a tad high.
    As you already stay at the apartment, I assume you are satisfied with the build quality & upkeep at the apartment complex and want it for your own end use. In that case, Rohan Vasantha is not a bad choice at all. The quoted price seems inline with the other preliminary quotes that are asked around for apartments in that area like Purva Riviera, Fountainsquare, Suryodhaya etc. If you can knock off a few lakhs from the quoted price, citing lack of woodwork, you might have a reasonable deal. Good luck!
    CommentQuote
  • it is strange that the builders/sellers cite high cost premium when their property is near (within 1/2 km) major commercial/living facilities.
    What happens when properties are no where near (> 3 km) such living facilities? Nobody offers (relatively) lower prices, in fact, even the buyers don't ask for lower prices.
    I get this question repeatedly since I always see the retail buyers to be totally awe-struck when they are in the process of buying either sites or flats or villas.
    Till date, I am unable to understand why it is so, except that, serious herd mentality seems to have afflicted big city folks (me included).
    CommentQuote
  • Came to know that Rohan Vasantha has not yet got the Occupancy Certificate (OC) . Is that a deal breaker? So obviously there wouldn't be a A-Khata as well , as i think OC is mandatory for A-Khata to happen...
    CommentQuote
    Came to know that Rohan Vasantha has not yet got the Occupancy Certificate (OC) . Is that a deal breaker? So obviously there wouldn't be a A-Khata as well , as i think OC is mandatory for A-Khata to happen...

Better stay out. as it could have loan issues with Nationalized banks (not sure thou).

If you are sure , OC and khata will come , eg like slight modification to building etc then you can proceed.
    (its known one case where ppl got OC after re-doing rain water harvesting pit )
    CommentQuote
  • Did you finally buy ? Is it still available ? How much is the rate now in Rohan Vasantha ? Is khata an issue ?
    CommentQuote