Last updated: August 10 2015
9 | Posts
3308 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Dimensions Between Builder Plan and BBMP Approval Plan

Hi All

I recently booked a 3 bhk flat size 1665 sq ft on panthur road. However, i have noticed that builder's approved BBMP plan is shorter by about 100 sq ft. A portion of drawing room should have been part of open duct in the building.

This deviation is true for all flats in the building.

Please let me know if I should proceed with this purchase or back out at this stage.

Regards
    Vineet

Re : Difference in Dimensions Between Builder Plan and BBMP Approval Plan

No OC

Talked to builder today and he is giving crap about 99% projects having deviation. He agreed that he will not get BBMP OC for the building due to deviation.

I dont know why banks like HDFC, Axis and others like LICHFL and PNBHFL are giving legal approvals and loan for this. ((

Comment

Pls avoid such properties

Comment

Avoid properties having deviation from approved plan, you will have serious problem in future. OC going to be must in future.

Comment

Originally posted by garg.vineet1 View Post
          Talked to builder today and he is giving crap about 99% projects having deviation. He agreed that he will not get BBMP OC for the building due to deviation.

I dont know why banks like HDFC, Axis and others like LICHFL and PNBHFL are giving legal approvals and loan for this. ((
          LIC HFL , SBI etc do approve for such projects, those approvals are no guarantee that its perfectly legal.

Some time last year i was doing property hunt in belendur.
          i liked a property by small scale builder of 4 floors (G+3). with an illegal 5th floor, which he says he is not selling.

i specifically asked for OC, which he committed will give after completion.
          all was rosy, until i asked for BBMP approved plan, when i asked this,
          he just played hide and seek.
          after i insisted he showed me , all floor plans had changes , from what was shown in brochure.
          in end when i askd him will i get OC for this building, he said i wont. he couldnt lie as i got all info.
          This project was approved by SBI and LIC HFL.

Comment

Originally posted by blackprince View Post
            LIC HFL , SBI etc do approve for such projects, those approvals are no guarantee that its perfectly legal.

i liked a property by small scale builder of 4 floors (G+3). with an illegal 5th floor, which he says he is not selling.

after i insisted he showed me , all floor plans had changes , from what was shown in brochure.
            in end when i askd him will i get OC for this building, he said i wont. he couldnt lie as i got all info.
            One more blunder by SBI is despite of poor service and lowest IR, always builder's register the property as per the guideline value but SBI never allow you to do that and SBI wants to register for the full value which most of the buyers are not aware. you will be loosing couple of lakhs extra, where as HDFC, AXIS, etc doesn't ask you to do the same and HDFC's legal is comparatively better than all other banks.

Comment

So, did you back out of the property? why do so many people buy into such projects then?

I am amazed when LIC and SBI people tell me that you will not be able to buy a house in Bangalore if you insist on OC since most of them have about 20% deviation!

These guys quote akrama-sakrama which might never come...

Originally posted by blackprince View Post

Comment

So, did you back out of the property? why do so many people buy into such projects then?

I am amazed when LIC and SBI people tell me that you will not be able to buy a house in Bangalore if you insist on OC since most of them have about 20% deviation!

These guys quote akrama-sakrama which might never come...
                Ya i backed out,
                that project is now completed as per plan in brochure and ppl started moving in i guess.

Comment

Difference in dimension between plan approval and builder provided plan

I see a different in room dimensions between builder provided plan and the one approved by BBMP. I see the dimensions mentioned in the approved plan as meters and the one provided by builder as ft/inches. I see the difference after converting the meters into ft/inches

What could be the reason for the difference ?

Comment

Banks give approvals based on BBMP approved papers. At project approval stage, bank can't look into the mind of the builder and guess whether deviation would be made or not. So here banks can not be faulted.

However, Banks are to be faulted when they release money to customers without inspecting the on-going construction at each stage of construction (if loan disbursement is linked to consruction).

other than that, it is customers'responsibility and can not be shifted to banks.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X