Hi everybody,

Prestige has another pre-launch- Prestige Royale Gardens
Price: Rs. 3800/- sft (for few bookings)
Dimensions: 1BR: 590-652, 2BR: 1313-1314sft, 2BR+Study: 1360 sft, 3BR: 1765 sft
Type of development: High Rise

Thanks
Rocky
Read more
73 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • yeah agree..i realised after i post that link. My apologize if misguided.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi,

I really need your help guys.. I am from chennai but plan to buy a property in b'lore and preferably from the best builders.. I am very much interested in Prestige projects and am looking in the range of 60-70 lakhs.. this project looks perfect but i need some help

1. I don't see this project in prestige's website, how can i get floor and location plan etc?
    2. Howz the development around this area - schools, grocery, etc
    3. Is this location good for a person working in the software industry field who has to commute to some of the big IT parks?
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Folks

If the project location is more than 100 to 200 mts from the railway line, then it should be fine.
    Who knows in future once the city grows, the line may become inactive and also at the same time if today there are just 3 to 4 trains a day, it can also become a busy line with more than 8 to 10 trains passing considering the ways city is expanding and population is increasing.

I think one should see how in other cities like mumbai or Delhi or even chennai, the impact of rails line in the City.

Its important to think over thi point as once you have bought it you have to live with this for life

Originally Posted by nyorker
    Trains from Dharmavaram Junction (DMM) to Bangalore City Junction (SBC)

Trains from Dharmavaram Junction (DMM) to Bangalore Yesvantpur Junction (YPR)

@Sandym....Your search returns only the trains that stop in DBU and YNK. You should refine your search to show all the passenger trains that pass through the line plus add goods trains. I found a lot more trains than you can think of..
    CommentQuote
  • hi

Originally Posted by rajatmeh
    Just booked a 2.5 BHK

Hi Rajat - can i ask how much you paid?
    3800 or 3900
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sriparanji
    Hi,

I really need your help guys.. I am from chennai but plan to buy a property in b'lore and preferably from the best builders.. I am very much interested in Prestige projects and am looking in the range of 60-70 lakhs.. this project looks perfect but i need some help

1. I don't see this project in prestige's website, how can i get floor and location plan etc?
    2. Howz the development around this area - schools, grocery, etc
    3. Is this location good for a person working in the software industry field who has to commute to some of the big IT parks?

1. Follow this link https://www./media/set/?set=a.180130902129609.46862.100003981005356&type=1

2. The area is pretty much in the developed locality and upcoming development will be on the way. Pls read previous post. Big schools, colleges regular needs and amenities, malls are all within just few kms. Airport 20 kms, Yelahanka railway stn just 5km and City railway station around 15+ (if i am correct). Bottom line, this project is pretty much in developed/developing area and does not need to wait for suburbs to develop to start living.

3. Manyata Tech Park is just 10kms. Whitefield you can connect via ORR. EC will be far. After metro these areas will be much accessible via Yelahanka or Hebbal.

Hope this helps
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandym
    which tower? i have booked 2.5 at 3800/-

Tower A
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nishant Sharma
    There is nothing like that in that place - some of the people I know are staying in Shriram Sahaana are very happy about the fact that there is tremendous amount of lung space in this area. Infact pollution in most of the areas (eg Whitefield/BTM) is orders of magnitude higher than dodaballapur road.
    Also about the railway line - the ambient noise in most of the preferred areas of Bangalore is far more than the 30 sec noise of a train that passes 3-4 times a day. The area is extremely quiet otherwise -- overlooking a vast expanse of greenery.

Nishant, Even I was also not aware of anything. But after seeing some posts here, I searched the net and found that there is some KPTCL diesel power generation unit some where near to yelahanka (I am not sure of the location). Karnataka Pollution Authority has issued a notice to close those units. These details are on the internet. Looks like that's not an issue. That's why I have told my relative to go ahead with the purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • Too far away from the normal work places for IT folks (who will be bulk of the investors)- Electronic City, Bannerghatta road, Central Business District.

The closest Manyata Tech park is also more than 10km away.

No prospects for any new developments.Only thing close is Yelahanka and on the other side- an apparel park. Even Devanahalli (IT Parks etc) will be 20km from here.

Net net - not an exciting prospect for return on investment. Provident housing has been selling for last 3 years and they are supposed to be "cheap"
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Som, There are lot of other factors important for life and it's not IT alone (which only sits in EC n Whitefield). It has reputed schools, colleges hospitals, malls with few kms stretch. We can't deny there importance of proximity. also in this forum itself there are threads of all those companies, projects coming up in north Bangalore shared by our RE experts in the past. We may have difference of opinion in investment perspective. One who reads this should have fair knowledge before make opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Btw, please compare distance of provident and prestige as well.
    CommentQuote
  • It doesn't make sense for investors. It will take minimum 5+ years to see the real value of this project. Do you think it will give cumulative return of 8% every year? I really doubt.

As some people have raised some genuine concerns, it is too far from IT Hubs.

Yes, schools, shopping, hospitals etc., are nearby but you need workplaces nearby as well to get future buyers/tenants coming in here. Investors might have little bit of difficulty in finding future buyers to exit.

Please remember there are 1000+ units available in this complex. If there are 60% speculative buyers in this then market will be flooded - too many units chasing too few future buyers.

Looks like the builder itself is finding it difficult to sell the units. Unlike any other pre-launches, Prestige hasn't quite changed the price quite wildly and it doesn't look like it's going to do that in a hurry.
    CommentQuote
  • Are you sure that this plant will be shutdown? I read somewhere that it will be converted into Gas plant from Diesel. Either ways it shall address the environment concerns.

Originally Posted by kn6305
    Nishant, Even I was also not aware of anything. But after seeing some posts here, I searched the net and found that there is some KPTCL diesel power generation unit some where near to yelahanka (I am not sure of the location). Karnataka Pollution Authority has issued a notice to close those units. These details are on the internet. Looks like that's not an issue. That's why I have told my relative to go ahead with the purchase.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sandym
    Hi Som, There are lot of other factors important for life and it's not IT alone (which only sits in EC n Whitefield). It has reputed schools, colleges hospitals, malls with few kms stretch. We can't deny there importance of proximity. also in this forum itself there are threads of all those companies, projects coming up in north Bangalore shared by our RE experts in the past. We may have difference of opinion in investment perspective. One who reads this should have fair knowledge before make opinion.

The difference between Whitefield/ORR/Sarjapur & north bangalore is that in the case of former, industry came first then habitation(which is quite reasonable) whereas in the case of latter, builders are in a hurry to launch slew of projects but there is hardly any industry around.

Builders' motivation is all speculation. And so are the motivations of investors. All are in the same boat riding on the story called "North Bangalore".

If there is any slowdown(read "bubble burst") - by all chances, it quite possibly be - then the worst affected areas will be the one that is currently TOO HOT TO MANAGE i.e., "north bangalore".

Please keep this in mind while riding on a speculative drive.
    CommentQuote
  • investment is all about speculations. i think both builder and investors are in same boat irrespective of which area the property is launched. As per me view sarjapur road, whitefield are either over priced or saturated. Outskirts will take even longer time for development and all these areas have some or other concerns of infrastructure, amenities or water problem. We have loads of threads discussing that. People who eye north bangalore is due to more planned development, where infrastructure and amenities are already there or in pipeline. Airport has very big influence in bringing the focus of all developments there.

as said earlier these are all perceptions and we may differ in opinion.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by springfield9
    The difference between Whitefield/ORR/Sarjapur & north bangalore is that in the case of former, industry came first then habitation(which is quite reasonable) whereas in the case of latter, builders are in a hurry to launch slew of projects but there is hardly any industry around.

Builders' motivation is all speculation. And so are the motivations of investors. All are in the same boat riding on the story called "North Bangalore".

If there is any slowdown(read "bubble burst") - by all chances, it quite possibly be - then the worst affected areas will be the one that is currently TOO HOT TO MANAGE i.e., "north bangalore".

Please keep this in mind while riding on a speculative drive.

Last time when the bubble did burst the most badly affected areas were Whitefield/ORR/Sarjapur with hordes of techies (basically the loan guys) inspite of all the end user theories. It is basically the kind of crowd that buys into the area which matters (the ones that are affected by a recession).

The least affected area were north and south bangalore. Infact the 'people profile' in the flats of properties in NB are more varied than in Whitefield where everyone is a techie. Thats a bigger risk. The price rise in Whitefield and sorroundings is primarily driven by IT whereas in north it is driven by upcoming buisness units which are not JUST IT (aerospace, textile, pharma, finance .. IT). That is a more de-risked profile of development as far as slowdown goes.

Speculation has been both ways - infact it is the most in whitefield/ORR/Sarjapur areas where prices have doubled since 2009. So the people buying into those areas are more prone to those risks.
    CommentQuote