I have seen this thread for Pune.
https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/pune-real-estate/39821-how-about-developing-your-own-row-house-on-a-plot-and-beat-the-builder-lobby/page7?t=41746&page=7

I was just wondering if there is similar thread for B'lore!!

If not, is there anybody from B'lore thinking on the same lines?
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • If we could get a bunch of like minded people , it would definitely a good option
    CommentQuote
  • Such thoughts never succeed with ease...I was part of such group from Wipro in 2005 but everyone was havign their own thoughts and at last contractor walked away and we too ...and looked for other options as it is difficult to convince each other on every aspect of construction etc..my first hand experience
    CommentQuote
  • instead of row houses, one can look towards making a layout and then let everyone to construct the houses simultaneously.. this will take out the investors lot and ensure that serious dwellers are in the project..
    CommentQuote
  • How do you form the layout? You need a lot of budget to purchase the land..right?
    CommentQuote
  • well the main cost of a house is the land ( construction usually will not be more than 1000-1500/sq. ft. )
    it's a matter of being serious and looking for a large(ish) plot which is or can be converted to a residential layout.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Asha31
    How do you form the layout? You need a lot of budget to purchase the land..right?

form a society and pool the money for buying the land.. when greedy developers :bab (59): can do it, we can do a better job than them..
    CommentQuote
  • I was part of such a venture way back in 2007-2008 but it was unsuccessful as the group could not buy the required land. Which areas are you targeting?
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking in north bangalore around hebbal.
    CommentQuote
  • Good. I will be interested in that area too. Once the threshold numbers are reached based on like mindedness, first step should be to create a private group to discuss this in more depth.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Asha31
    I am looking in north bangalore around hebbal.

the rates in that area is crazy!! an acre might cost 10cr or more.. the lan acquisition cost itself would be 100crore..
    if we need to develop a layout , we need to look towards kanakapura road, mysore road, hosakote etc..
    CommentQuote
  • I agree, hebbal is over hyped and under developed at present , and though I don't know the going rates, 10/acre sounds expensive

Anyone thinking about the outskirts in East Bangalore ( Varthur /Gunjur region) where rates are closer 2-4 crores / acre
    Any Thoughts

Yes I do agree, people who may be serious, we should form a pvt group and discuss further
    CommentQuote
  • guys, Please count me also :D
    CommentQuote
  • Only 3-4 of us have shown interest so far. Looks like there are not many who are interested in such venture which is understandable.
    CommentQuote