Sort by :
Filter by :
- Unfortunately we can't ensure that the Builder ensures that he gives the OC, what we can do is before booking we can check whether the builder has given OC in previously completed projects. That said lot of builders still deviate from the plan and hence are not giving OC's. Many customers still buy flats there if it falls under their budget and if they like the location of the project and if papers are all fine. For the deviation part, customers can't help it:-(CommentQuote0Flag
- Originally Posted by raviss0986Unfortunately we can't ensure that the Builder ensures that he gives the OC, what we can do is before booking we can check whether the builder has given OC in previously completed projects. That said lot of builders still deviate from the plan and hence are not giving OC's. Many customers still buy flats there if it falls under their budget and if they like the location of the project and if papers are all fine. For the deviation part, customers can't help it:-(
If the builder get CC (Commencement certificate) 99% he will get the OC, except he built extra floors or pent houses. because BDA come and verify the structure, pillars, columns etc and if its as per approvals only builders get CCCommentQuote0Flag
- Most of the builders I have checked is directly saying that they wont provide CC. They are confident that people doesnt care even if there is no OC and I guess that's reason they say this confidently when someone asks for it.
All this will come into picture when some incidents happens and then BBMP suddenly wakes up.CommentQuote0Flag
- @ant123 - I am pretty sure, you will regret the missed out Apartment booking if you read below threads.CommentQuote0Flag
- I know a friend of mine who made it a clause in the agreement that OC will be provided by the builder. Probably this way we can ensure that builder will provide OC.
Also i talked to a builder whose project is BMRDA approved, and he agreed to mention in the agreement that he will construct as per approved plan. When I asked about OC, he said BMRDA doesnt give OC, only BBMP gives.. Do any of you know whether that is correct ?CommentQuote0Flag
- That's a good question shibram. Even I'm curious to know the answer :)
Also when can buyers seek a copy of CC (if at all it is given); at the time of booking/loan processing?CommentQuote0Flag
- Builder can get a CC when the stilt level of the building is done. One can ask for the CC during booking.CommentQuote0Flag
Your friend is lucky that he could include that clause in the agreement (to be on a safer side), however in my case I tried hard for it to be included but the builder did not agree and hence I walked out of the project .CommentQuote0Flag
My question to the senior members of this forum is that if OC is indeed one of the mandatory documents post completion of the building then why do lawyers do not point it out when we go for legal opinion. I had asked a couple of lawyers with whom I was interacting straightforward question , " How important is it for me to have an OC for my flat" and their answer was , "It's Ok not to have one" or "There will be no problem if you dont have OC" and things like that .....
Any inputs on this topic will be highly appreciated.
I am planning to book a flat at Sekhar Hyde Park, Immadihalli, Whitefiled. When I spoke to them they are saying all the documnets are clear. Only issue is the approching road is 38 feet and for a project of this size the road should be minimum 40 feet wide. Because of this they will not be able to provide the OC. But a proposal for widening the road to 60 feet is already made and as per the builder it will be done before completion of the project. And once the road is done he will get the clearence for OC and will be able to give it.
Any thoughts on this by anyone..? Is the road width is a genuine reason for getting OC ?CommentQuote0Flag
- if the sanctioned plan also shows road of 38ft, then why wouldn't they get OC?CommentQuote0Flag
- They wont get it bro. Simply they are pulling you.CommentQuote0Flag
- it is important to get oc but unfortunately you can not know weather you are going to get or not the only way to go about is to include it in the agreementCommentQuote0Flag
First post in this forum but been a visitor and learned a lot of things. Can someone list names of builders who have good track record for providing OC? I am looking for projects in South Bangalore/BG road. I am looking for small/mid level builders as I just need basic amenities.
PS: I just walked out of very nice project because it had one illegal floor and owner was promising OC and even agreed to put the clause in agreement. Somehow my 6th sense asked me to stay away.CommentQuote1Flag
- Please mention in the agreement that so and so Property would be constructed as per the sanctioned plan ..... This will help you since you have a written clause.CommentQuote0Flag