Last updated: September 10 2021
12 | Posts
4664 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water meter facility in high rise apartments

Hi,

I have booked flat in a high rise apartment(10 floors) which is under construction. We owners are planning for water meter facility for every flat. The builder saying that it is not feasible in any high rise apartment. Is it true?

But the builder says he can try/will do if we show him any high rise apartment with water meter facility in Bangalore.

Any body has any input on this?

Any body knows any high rise apartment with water meter facility installed.

Re : Water meter facility in high rise apartments

Which high rise apartment you are talking about?

Comment

I stay in high rise ( already completed), It is my dream that we should also have water meter so that can be charged as per usage. but in reality builder or total mass wont care at all.

If not planned well it is very tough to fix the meter as we have 4 seperate line running from top ( so that they need 4 meter/ house). ( 3 for bathroom + 1 utility/kitchen area).
      Single pipe inlet cannot take round to entire house.

In hight rise water will come down from top flor to ground then take U turn and than goes to upper flor again.

Down the line when water bills shoots (10-15K/Month) then every one will stop 24/7 water and will give only 30 minutes of water daily..in that there is no need to meter at all as there is no supply at all and we get only dialy quota.

I stay in 20 Flor high rise, To be frank I feel high rise is not for indians. Better to stay in 3-4 flor apartments. Peope hold the lift and make others suffers. There is huge cost of electicity as many workers/salesman/vendors/postman/ usess lift continiously. Educating people how to use lift is very difficult. / Maid press both up and down arrow of lift. Resulting twice the lift movement then requried.

Comment

I have done some Maths calculation, if you are staying in 30 floors building each apartment need to pay 5 times more the electricity for lift than who are staying in 5 floor building.
        Let us consider 5 floor building with 4 apartment in each floor than there will be 20 apartment in building, electricity consumed by second floor people for lift is double then first floor people and for 3 rd floor people it is 3 time more than the first floor people. So if you sum it and see average then there will cost factor of 3. For 30 floor building you can see the cost factor is 15.5 which is 5 times more

Last edited March 20 2013, 09:46 PM.

Comment

mbaskara

When the apartment is being constructed, the builder can incorporate the water metering system into the structure. The main issue is the number of inlets to an apartment. If there is only 1 inlet, it is easy to meter. But generally there are 3/4 inlets which means for a avg 100 no apartments, you are talking of reading 400 meters every month. So the idea should be to give 1 inlet per apartment. But hardly happens since no one is bothered.

Sorry to digress but every one is so much into their apartment rates increasing and checking if the rates have increased in the last 3/6/12 months, that they have lost the sensitivity to ground realities and issues.

There is one solution WHICH I CAN SHARE HERE ON THE FORUM

Check the website. This is basically for existing buildings who have 3/4 inlets. They have some kind of RFID reader which makes it easy to collect the readings. Only thing is it is new and not widely used. So no data around it. You can check for yourself.
          Last edited July 1 2013, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks Somashekar and others.

Even we got the same link,,,,,,,,,,.

we wanted more info if any such case handled in any high rise apartment to refer the solutions...

thanks..

Comment

Centralized water monitoring solution. The actual solution

we have come up with centralized water monitoring solution wherein you do not need to change your pipeline.
              Also the overall cost for the complete apartment metering is cheaper than manual metering. Our Solution consideration also involves multiple inlets for a given flat.

Currently the centralized water monitoring solution is way expensive than manual metering, the reason being they are imported. Also most of this needs to be done while the apartment is getting ready, but this is not the case with our solution.

While we are IT guys with more than 20 years of experience,
              Our solution is completely INDIAN and actual solution needed at this hour

Currently we are doing it as a hobby project and want to install in an apartment of around 50 flats for very very nominal charges, so that atleast the hardware cost is covered. Also the Apartment should be in B'lore

anyone interested give me a shout.
              Last edited June 26 2013, 09:22 AM.

Comment

you can share more details HERE ON THE FORUM
                I stay in 320+ Apartment complex, we can propose this solution to EC.

Meanwhile our neighbour apprtment also planning to implement it ..they are 800+ Big apartement complex. I can give the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by aquacheck View Post
                  we have come up with centralized water monitoring solution wherein you do not need to change your pipeline.
                  Also the overall cost for the complete apartment metering is cheaper than manual metering. Our Solution consideration also involves multiple inlets for a given flat.

Currently the centralized water monitoring solution is way expensive than manual metering, the reason being they are imported. Also most of this needs to be done while the apartment is getting ready, but this is not the case with our solution.

While we are IT guys with more than 20 years of experience,
                  Our solution is completely INDIAN and actual solution needed at this hour

Currently we are doing it as a hobby project and want to install in an apartment of around 50 flats for very very nominal charges, so that atleast the hardware cost is covered. Also the Apartment should be in B'lore

anyone interested give me a shout.

Hi, Can you please provide with some details of your offering HERE ON THE FORUM. I stay in a complex with ~90 flats in Sarjapur Road and we are seriously considering installation of a cost efficient water metering solution.
                  Last edited July 1 2013, 07:59 PM.

Comment

WARNING

Forum not meant for generating queries, business.

Discussion only forum

Sharing of personal information, email ids, website links, phone numbers, external commercial links not allowed.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                    Working...
                    X