Hello all - I am planning to buy an apartment for my end use in Bangalore. From the post I have seen lot of debate about various builders - Right now I am in a confused state.

The location is typical i.e. in around ITPL to Sarjapur Road Wipro corp office and the starting parts of Harlur/Hosa Road from Sarjapur Road side.

We all know there is nothing much to talk about the big names like Mantri, Purva, Sobha etc... but they also come at a premium price. So where to go?
Should it be good to stick up with the big names with a tiny 2BHK and loaded amenities or take chance with small names like Aditya, Aratt, Vandana Earls etc. with fair enough necessities.

Also what would be the additional checks one would suggest for a small time or new builder other than his reputation?

Looking forward to hear from your experiences and suggestion...:bab (26):
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It mainly depends on your budget. If money doesn't concern you then you have 2 options

1>Go for a reputed builder with small apartments with amazing quality and other services
    2>Go for a small/medium time builder with big apartments with good quality and other services.

Well you can't take risk with relatively new builders since they lack experience.

Backgrounds checks need to be done on the quality of construction,delivery of the apartments,paper work and also are the existing customers satisfied with the builder.

There are pro's and cons with every builder, you just have to do some quality research before buying an apartment.

Disclamier: I have booked an apartment in Aratt premier in ITPL
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Jose - I saw your post in the other threads, my concern is long time benefits.
    Is there any information or article which talks how apartment from not top grade builders do in the market after 5 -7 yrs of end use. Is selling them off to upgrade or dispose is a challenge?
    CommentQuote
  • As long as your apartment is in good condition and the locality in which you have purchased has a good market appreciation it won't be hard to resale the property. Its the same be it big builders or small builders. I have invested in many projects in and around bangalore and a good time to re sale the property is between 2-4 years after occupancy.

You can go through this blog owned by one of the best real estate consultant mr.ravikanth.

ravikanthpropertyconsultant | For The Love Of Real Estate

jose
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by jose121
    As long as your apartment is in good condition and the locality in which you have purchased has a good market appreciation it won't be hard to resale the property. Its the same be it big builders or small builders. I have invested in many projects in and around bangalore and a good time to re sale the property is between 2-4 years after occupancy.

You can go through this blog owned by one of the best real estate consultant mr.ravikanth.

ravikanthpropertyconsultant | For The Love Of Real Estate

jose

Thanks Jose for your suggestion. I wrote to Ravikant and I have seen his posts in this forum as well. Let's see what he comes back with.

Since you say you have already invested and is in the practice of selling and procuring new apartments - what do your experience say?
    Does properties in Bangalore depreciate after 5 - 7 years of life.
    Also if I am going for second hand purchase will it be possible to get properties less than two years old, I mean how is the market trend? I do not see too many good second hand properties in commonfloors currently....:(
    CommentQuote
  • There are too many constraints to predict the future market trends for as long as 5-7 years.
    For example I had invested in this aratt property called royal manor in HSR layout for 2100 per sq ft, I was hoping for an ROI of 3500 per sq ft but since the market had shot up in HSR Layout I got an ROI of 4500 per sq ft in less than 2 years.

Quality second hand properties especially apartments are a rare thing these days.I personally would advice you to go for a new property.

jose
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you Jose for your quick responses.
    CommentQuote