Hi,
I have a house (only the ground floor) built on a 30 * 40 site in Bangalore. Now I am planning to construct the first floor with 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, toilets in the first floor.

Another plan is to make it a duplex house with just 2 spacious bedrooms + bathrooms + balcony

Can any one tell me the approximate cost needed for each of these options? Builtup are is around 1050sqft.

Since I have a liitle less budget I am looking for decent quality materials, not really higher end. So pls suggest me the minimum budget needed for this.

Thank you!
San
Read more
2 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by sanos
    Hi,
    I have a house (only the ground floor) built on a 30 * 40 site in Bangalore. Now I am planning to construct the first floor with 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, toilets in the first floor.

Another plan is to make it a duplex house with just 2 spacious bedrooms + bathrooms + balcony

Can any one tell me the approximate cost needed for each of these options? Builtup are is around 1050sqft.

Since I have a liitle less budget I am looking for decent quality materials, not really higher end. So pls suggest me the minimum budget needed for this.

Thank you!
    San

To get an idea of construction costs, I met an architect.. He said Rs 1500 to 1600 per sq ft is at the highest end of the estimates (italian marble/wooden flooring; everything else top of the line).. Really high end for a completely new construction.. Since yours is an incremental one and doesnt involve digging, it should be much less.

Speak to an architect to get an idea, then you can plan.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Equus

Can you suggest a few good,reliable architects in Bangalore?

Regards

Sameer

Originally Posted by equus
    To get an idea of construction costs, I met an architect.. He said Rs 1500 to 1600 per sq ft is at the highest end of the estimates (italian marble/wooden flooring; everything else top of the line).. Really high end for a completely new construction.. Since yours is an incremental one and doesnt involve digging, it should be much less.

Speak to an architect to get an idea, then you can plan.
    CommentQuote