Hi All,

I am looking to buy a plot to construct a house in 2-3 years. I came across a very premium gated community with great amenities ~5km from the Varthur lake within Hoskote limits near Muthsandra.
Its pretty convenient (comparatively) for me/my wife to commute to work from here. However the area is not that well developed. My questions are as follows :

1) What time frame would this area develop enough i.e. streetlights etc. ?
2) Are these areas safe ?
3) Will this place see good capital appreciation from ~2000-2500 psft ? i am not looking to trade this plot , but should be able to sell it for at least break-even cost in case i need to...

In summary is it advisable to invest in this ?
Read more
40 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Please guys , some help will be appreciated....
    CommentQuote
  • simple answer - is it on main road and type of property ( DC / BMRDA)

don't expect Cavery Water even after 10 yrs but can get more than interest for sure.

Any big layout or top 10 Builders apartment nearby
    CommentQuote
  • hi,

I am about to book the plot in this project.
    there are no signs of development prospects in this road as of today (varthur-muthasandra)
    however I am considering following good points about this project:

1. away from city hustle bustle and yet only 7 km from forum value mall whitefield area...just 12 km away from bellandur outer ring road. approach to electronic city and sarjapur road.
    2. many nearby schools withing 6-10 KM range.
    3. The builder is premium and is very good. they are doing clean business and they are trustworthy.
    4. Water table in Varthur area is very good, compared to sarjapur, whitefield or KRpuram.
    5. I guess its safe place also as its near to village. Villages are safer than in city in Bangalore.

it will be definitely be a good location in next 4-5 years. and price appreciation is definitely going to happen.

there are few points which worry me however:
    1. development of 5KM stretch (varthur-muthasandra) doesn't seem to be happenning for at least 4-5 years.
    2. the road from varthur lake to Gujur is very narrow as of today. in weekday there is horrible jam due to market area.
    3. they don't have BMRDA approval yet....so don't know if there might be any legal issues or Khata (A, B) problem.

lets see..
    hope this helps.

If you get to know some more info about that locality or project please post here.

thanks
    prabhatrenu

I am also little skeptical about the near future development prospects of the location
    CommentQuote
  • May I know who is the builder, project and price being quoted? Thanks.
    Is it pre-launch one?
    I am interested in pre-launches in that area or in the area of 5KMs radius to gunjur.
    CommentQuote
  • hi,

this is the project by cornerstone developers.
    project name is campan valley.
    the price they are quoting is 2500/- per sqft.

they are saying that by July end they are expecting the BMRDA approval.
    the project is known to be approved by 5 banks (ICICI, HDFC, AXIS LIC and indiabulls)
    however we need to do due diligence for legal verification from our side also as this is a joint development and there are multiple land owners in 47 acre project "campan valley"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by prabhatrenu
    hi,

this is the project by cornerstone developers.
    project name is campan valley.
    the price they are quoting is 2500/- per sqft.

they are saying that by July end they are expecting the BMRDA approval.
    the project is known to be approved by 5 banks (ICICI, HDFC, AXIS LIC and indiabulls)
    however we need to do due diligence for legal verification from our side also as this is a joint development and there are multiple land owners in 47 acre project "campan valley"

Thank you for the details. I don't want to comment on the price, but projects in kammanahalli near by are much cheaper compared to this. in kammanahalli near by are much cheaper compared to this.
    CommentQuote
  • todays news paper says Peripheral Ring Road work is going to start.
    Money is allotted for it and a Japanese company is going to take the contract.
    its a good news.
    CommentQuote
  • Have you bought one? Approvals in place?
    CommentQuote
  • yeah I hv booked the plot. approvals are coming soon.
    CommentQuote
  • I am looking at this project too. However, some points which I am concerned about :

1. Experience of the developer - they are a big real estate firm, no doubt but are they experienced enough to design and maintain the layout, clubhouse, deal with local authorities on approvals etc.

2. Understand that they will maintain the property only for a year - it would be a challenge for owners to maintain it after that because people may take 3-4 years to construct and move in. Gated properties, away from the city would need some solid security.

3. Road leading away from the property towards chikka tirupathi is bad. Although there is sight of villages nearby, I am not sure if those roads will be laid any soon.

How did the legal verification go ? Have you spoken to any of the bankers ? Any pointers will be appreciated.
    CommentQuote
  • hi,

The point of maintaining the layout will always be there with any gated community. So we will have to live with it.
    I had spoken to builder and they said they will hold 2-3 plots for their own use so that they can maintain the property well even after it is handed over to association.

I had requested for the legal documents to the builder. They sent me a whole bunch of the documents of around 30 years history for the lands in which my plot is falling.
    I have given the documents for legal verification to my lawyer. By this week I will get the legal opinion. Also I am in touch with HDFC people who have approved their project.
    so things are good so far.
    Only point is the waiting time for approval....Lets see.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Prabhatrenu,
    Congrats, Could u pls forward me all the details of this project with price as I am also intersted in this.

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Chanru - I have emailed you the brochure. Let me know if you have any specific questions.
    Prabhatrenu - I have some specific questions on the layout / pricing which may not be appropriate for a large forum like this - do you mind sharing your email id?

Thanks
    CommentQuote
  • you can send me a PM with your specific questions. I will answer them.
    CommentQuote
  • Campan valley

Originally Posted by prabhatrenu
    you can send me a PM with your specific questions. I will answer them.

Hello sir. I am interested in this property.
    Can you let me know what is the status of layout currently & what price did you prebook.
    Since its End of augus is there any change in approvals status from BMRDA/BBMP for this layout?
    CommentQuote