High rise apartments?

Last updated: December 17 2013
9 | Posts
2154 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High rise apartments?

How safe are high rise apartments constructed by puravankara in Bangalore? The recent tragedy at Mont Blanc in Bombay makes me wonder how safe could Bangalore be? Your thoughts are welcome.

Re : High rise apartments?

How many storeys would qualify as high-rise? Can a G+7 floor building be called high-rise ?

Comment

Mr.Iyer

No one cares for any fire safety or regulations. The so called educated people are the worst of the lot. The attitude today is "It doesnt happen to me". Many buildings in Bangalore dont have Occupancy certificates. They have deviated massively from their plans and as result dont have Fire NOC from the Fire Department. If and when the Fire Dept issues notices, the resident associations bribe the officers and clerks and hush up the matter for 1-2 years and the cycle repeats. It is shocking to see that despite many such tragedies no one wants to do the right stuff and be legal. Every one wants "Akrama Sakrama".. sorry state of affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by jsriram View Post
        How many storeys would qualify as high-rise? Can a G+7 floor building be called high-rise ?
        In my opinion g + 9 and above would qualify as high rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Somashekar View Post
          Mr.Iyer

No one cares for any fire safety or regulations. The so called educated people are the worst of the lot. The attitude today is "It doesnt happen to me". Many buildings in Bangalore dont have Occupancy certificates. They have deviated massively from their plans and as result dont have Fire NOC from the Fire Department. If and when the Fire Dept issues notices, the resident associations bribe the officers and clerks and hush up the matter for 1-2 years and the cycle repeats. It is shocking to see that despite many such tragedies no one wants to do the right stuff and be legal. Every one wants "Akrama Sakrama".. sorry state of affairs.
          I have booked on 17th floor on a property that would be ready for occupation after 4 years. I hope Bangalore fire service would improve by then so that they have the required equipments to douse the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Iyer75 View Post
            I have booked on 17th floor on a property that would be ready for occupation after 4 years. I hope Bangalore fire service would improve by then so that they have the required equipments to douse the fire.
            Guys who booked 4 years back and have taken occupation now were thinking the same as you :-)

Indian high rises apartments will never have fire safety, and you cannot expect Bangalore Fire Service to have marked improvement in next 4 years. But then if you keep thinking on that line, you'll never be able to buy in a high rise apartment.

Comment

Bangalore fire services were using blanket to catch the people jumping from 6th floor. Thats how innovative and equipped they are.

Look at the news of Carlaton towers fire.

Absolutely people where cluless where were the fire exists. Infact fire exists were blocked and used for some commercial purposes in a building which hosted international companies.

Thats how fire safe the buildings in Bangalore are.

Most of the time, even if they have smoke alarm, which wont function properly or maintained properly.

@Iyer, Bangalore buildings are as much unsafe as Mumbai buildings, no better.

Best thing, know ur staircases, and instruct your family and ask them to follow it everyday.

If you travel in US or any abroad on a bus, the first thing the driver tell before starting the engine is about fire safety and where are the emergency exists. Here none of the rules are followed and no one knows including the operator where are the emergency exists and what are the procedures to be followed.

All builders or buisnessman wanted is money. No safety or any norms properly followed here.

Comment

Than god , they have at least blankets ! Be grateful they did not use dhotis.
                Look at the first-aid kit in all the buses--you will find langoties. No wonder many people die for want of timely treatment in accidents.
                NOC from various bodies is just a way of making money for those bodies.

Comment

Originally posted by blrdude View Post
                  Guys who booked 4 years back and have taken occupation now were thinking the same as you :-)

Indian high rises apartments will never have fire safety, and you cannot expect Bangalore Fire Service to have marked improvement in next 4 years. But then if you keep thinking on that line, you'll never be able to buy in a high rise apartment.
                  Ha ha I think what you wrote is true. May be the best option for me is to sell it at an opportune time. Thoughts of settling in India has always been scary. But at the end have to come back to homeland, can't continue living gypsy life forever.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X