Hi'-work jointly for a cause

Last updated: April 24 2010
2 | Posts
1093 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi'-work jointly for a cause

I am a house owner and a victim of a tenant not vacating.Though all the clauses of eviction are in my favour ,yet the civil suit drags on for years during which time the tenant peacefully sleeps and the owner who has poured his life savings has sleepless nights.Its time some begining is made to force the government to take up cases on fast track basis say 6 months maximum to dispose cases.

Re : Hi'-work jointly for a cause

Well you are not the first to go through it and certainly not the last. The problem is you have assumed civil india is like military india with rules. Unfortunately not. I had a set of relatives living in Ulsoor who took 13 years to vacate their tenants in BTM layout.
    Now most of the problem is yours. Why did you rent out the house? Well you will say to get some money, but I think the fact is
    Buy house/flat to live, not to rent.
    Buy land for investment and later to live.
    Even in land one can be cheated by stray settlements but if you keep a check it can be managed in decent layouts.
    Your concern is genuine but your choices are to be polite limited, unless ofcourse you have other means to solve it!! Gotcha.
    In Malleswaram a widow was asking for a free flat to get out of her rental. I personally wont rent anything in Bangalore. Hope you can succeed.

Comment

Re : Hi'-work jointly for a cause

Rule

SIMPLE RULE: Do not keep any tenant for more then 1 year without renewing the rental agreement. Second: Increase rent by 5% every year in new agreement. They will leave by 4 years. Thus your property is safe. Ofcourse you may decide not to do this with someone you are confident with...

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X