Last updated: September 14 2015
7 | Posts
2890 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAN Card Of Property Seller

Hi,

I am purchasing a residential plot in Bangalore. I do have a PAN card on my name but does the seller also need to have a PAN card in order to sell the property ? Does the sale agreement contains PAN card details of both buyer and seller ?

In other words, should I stay away from this property if the seller doesn't have the PAN CARD ?

Thanks

Re : PAN Card Of Property Seller

pan

If transaction value (sale price) is 50 lakhs or above, it is mandatory for the purchaser to deduct 1% TDS. Hence, if the seller does not have pan#, contact your auditor to check if there is any alternative to deduct tds without sellers pan#. Else, walk out of this transaction.

Comment

Re : PAN Card Of Property Seller

Originally posted by jamblore View Post
      Hi,

I am purchasing a residential plot in Bangalore. I do have a PAN card on my name but does the seller also need to have a PAN card in order to sell the property ? Does the sale agreement contains PAN card details of both buyer and seller ?

In other words, should I stay away from this property if the seller doesn't have the PAN CARD ?

Thanks
      Yes jamblore; it is compulsory to have PAN card while buying or selling a flat. It is not mandatory for an NRI / PIO to have a PAN for entering into a property transaction (as per Rule 114C).

However it is mandatory for deducting TDS on agreement value so in absence of pan card what is the % of tds to be deducted???

Seniors Do Help

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
      Working...
      X