First of, hello to all. This is my first post and it absolutely seems the owners connected with the discussion board does awesome job.

I look forward to learn a lot here, I an totally jazzed up to find this forum and read some of the posts.

My question is: I am trying to get some data/information about Bangalore property price trends for the last 10 to 15 years. Especially: land prices and residential building prices. Is there a spreadsheet/data information anywhere on the web? Any website recommendation? I will be very grateful.

Thank you all.
Read more
13 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • CommentQuote
  • Srinidhi: Thanks!

Thank you so much for your post.
    CommentQuote
  • Concerned about Bangalore Property Price

After reading some of the articles and also looking at the price trends of Bangalore properties, looks like prices are slowing down, rather declining. This really concerns me. Nobody like a bad investment! Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • I am anticipating after BBMP polls prices are going to pick up steadily..
    CommentQuote
  • a couple of brokers i know say market is flat. they are of the opinion it will stay at the same level for at least 2 years. if you take inflation into consideration, its a decline then
    CommentQuote
  • Is there some connection we are missing?

Originally Posted by deepak_dips
    I am anticipating after BBMP polls prices are going to pick up steadily..

Deepak,

Is there some connection between BBMP polls and Re prices that we are all missing?

And how much is it expected to go up and which locations? First time I'm hearing of this link!

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • dd & k

Not sure I understood your comment. Can you be a little more explicit please.

Also, k, are you talking about the last 2 years or the forecast for the next 2 years? Can you please let us know where to find more information on all this? A website?

Thanks to all for such insightful info.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by wiseman
    Deepak,

Is there some connection between BBMP polls and Re prices that we are all missing?

And how much is it expected to go up and which locations? First time I'm hearing of this link!

cheers

HI Wiseman

The link here is pending BBMP polls govt. is not issuing katha for BBMP sites, neither they are accepting Akrama Sakrama charges. This makes the land title unclear for buyers. This may be regularized after BBMP polls so will the land prices rise due to this. Right now many land owners are selling the land at very low rates and they are quoting this as the problem.. This is just my interpretation..I may be wrong also..
    CommentQuote
  • As per my observation the prices are flat. What ever how ever the agents are trying to sell the property. I believe you should not see any plot if you want it for investment. but if you are looking for build a house you can go ahead.
    The Good news is that bangalore infrastructure is developing, so the people are not only centric to the city. People started staying out skirt of the city where the already price up previously. So there is no scope of increment there also but inf like road and the other facility are developing...

So moral is that you may see flat price in rent and purchase. Dont be in hurry.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by deepak_dips
    HI Wiseman

The link here is pending BBMP polls govt. is not issuing katha for BBMP sites, neither they are accepting Akrama Sakrama charges. This makes the land title unclear for buyers. This may be regularized after BBMP polls so will the land prices rise due to this. Right now many land owners are selling the land at very low rates and they are quoting this as the problem.. This is just my interpretation..I may be wrong also..

You may not be wrong. I may have been ignorant! :D

cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Prices in Bangalore

I feel activity is picking up in North blore, Hosur rd/banerghatta road and Kankapura road, not much activity on west side of blore, it does'nt mean that prices are raising but generally in good developed areas demand is picking up especially plots/sites, however apartment sales also in pockets is happening, all because of interest rates
    CommentQuote
  • the present taxation rules makes apartments more costly and is surely going to affect the sales!
    I see lot of unsold units since builders are still expecting the rates of 2007-08 era.
    I spoke to one of the builder, he admitted candidly that from last 3 months inquiries are coming.. but none of them are converting to sales..
    the market for 40L+ segment is saturated and its hard to make the 20L segment to buy units which are in range of 25-40L.
    CommentQuote
  • Have heard anecdotally from first time buyers that market is softening, specially in hot investment areas like Hebbal. Any thoughts/inputs?

Example Siobha Chryanthemum was being sold at 3200 psf in 2009, quoting 4200 4-5 months back and now hearing 3900 rs psf
    CommentQuote