Last updated: August 3 2014
6 | Posts
1769 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risks and Benefits of plot near lake, Green Farm

Hello Friends,

I saw plot in a gated layout near horamavu -jayanthi nagar lake, 0.75 km away from lake boundary. Layout ends at canal which is being laid out and this canal is adjacent to the lake boundary, which is elevated one. Please give your suggestions whether it is good to construct a house for end-use.

I visited the site and i see water logging in the site. So was concerned however, I see already many houses being constructed. And when i enquired they say we can pump out the water and lay proper foundation and it should not be a problem in future as water/sewage is being channeled through canals, which are getting laid by BBMP (work is ongoing there). Since this layout is already taken over by BBMP, (tar roads are being laid out), am in confused state whether to go for it or no..

Please suggest.

Thanks and regards,
    Last edited July 28 2014, 10:58 PM. Reason: adding more info

Re : Risks and Benefits of plot near lake, Green Farm

Friends/experts,

Please share your opinion/suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

IMHO, there are two issues :

1. Legal issue with tankbund encroachments : Hope this is not in above case as it is a gated layout with some kind of an approval from a town planning authority. If not, survey numbers need to be verified with BDA. If there are no issues, they should provide an NOC.

2. Structural issues during construction : If the plot is located in a water logged area (for a prolonged period) and if proper care is not taken while laying the foundation of the structure, the building could 'sink' few inches as roof / floors are added. This could result in crack in beams and as a whole building could become unsafe for habitation. Proper excavation and footing work is very important in such cases.

Comment

plot near lake (good or bad)

Since many houses are constructed, there might be good solutions available for water logging if you look around. However making sure it is legal (not encroached) is more important. What approval it has - BMRDA? . Also did you get the title deed/mother deed checked by a good advocate?

Comment

Thank you shashtry and investorboy for your points. I am yet to get the papers verified by advocate but before this thought of pursing further or not...I will keep you updated.

Comment

plot near lake (good or bad)

Residents furious over encroachment - Bangalore Mirror

Comment

Risks in plot adjacent to green farm, Lake etc

Friends/Experts,

Please let me know your opinion on constructing a house adjacent to green farm(plot is adjacent boundary of green farm). I am worried about mosquitos, snakes etc. Please shed some light.

Thanks,

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X