Guys
Is Buying a Plot in a layout to construct my own house, a good idea or bad idea ?
Should i invest in an apartment rather?

What all things i should be watching out?
Propetry is B-Khata as per the layout owners. Its in hennur side.
Please advise
Read more
6 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Residential plot always gives u better returns on investment as land prices will be appreciated more compared to an apartment. But the biggest problem in buying the plot is it involves lot of risk, so u need to take legal consultant. It is always advisable to buy BDA / BMRDA approved plots from the reputed real estate companies.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by hyderabadi18
    Residential plot always gives u better returns on investment as land prices will be appreciated more compared to an apartment. But the biggest problem in buying the plot is it involves lot of risk, so u need to take legal consultant. It is always advisable to buy BDA / BMRDA approved plots from the reputed real estate companies.

Thanks for the reply. I'm worried about running into issues after purchasing a plot. any idea abt the Asha layout in off hennur road?
    CommentQuote
  • The response from hyderabadi18 was crisp and accurate/to the point. If you wish to buy a site/plot go through a good lawyer and make sure the property is free of any litigation's before buying it.

Another point to keep in mind when you go for plots is that you may not see the layout fill up with houses if most of the people have purchased the plots for investment. Check if majority of the site owners reside in or outside of Bangalore. If several owners live outside of Bangalore (or if they are NRIs) then do not expect them to build houses for quite some time to come.
    CommentQuote
  • As u rightly mentioned by shreekrishna, if all the buyers purchased the plots for investment, then it will be very difficult for the some one who want to build a house. Without the community in the locality land prices will not get appreciated and one can not build a home in a Jungle. It is better to buy a plot in a layout where there are already some houses are built in that.
    CommentQuote
  • have you bought land already? can you share cost details etc.? what Asha guys are quoting?

It is too much hassle to build own house thus prefer apartments. There is a saying though, which roughly translates to "even birds build their own nest" ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by drnono
    have you bought land already? can you share cost details etc.? what Asha guys are quoting?

It is too much hassle to build own house thus prefer apartments. There is a saying though, which roughly translates to "even birds build their own nest" ;)

Nice thought.We can manage to construct but you need a good consultant to whom you can rely.
    For 30*40 site construction he will take around 1lakh.
    CommentQuote